All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to say the least. Gausman held on just long enough and the BP that's been so rock solid all year couldn't pick him up. Fact is, Giants offense has to go if we want a chance in this series. Dodgers offense is just too good for us to rely on the pitching to keep them at 2 or less runs.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lmao no. Why the hell would you give a really good hitter a chance to hit with runners on base over the pitcher?
Struck him out the next time. Playing scared of the 8th spot with your 2nd “ace” is a recipe for disaster. Set up the pitcher leading off the next inning too.

Last edited:
Struck him out the next time. Playing scared of the 8th spot with your 2nd “ace” is a recipe for disaster. Set up the pitcher leading off the next inning too.
So?
Yes, let me face the hitter thats literally like 5x better as a hitter than the next guy up with a guy on base with 2 outs because "we ain't scared". That makes sense.

edit: 5.7x better hitter if we use wRC+

Of course a disappointment following the excellent performance in game 1.…but I think we all knew this would be a battle. It’s 107 vs 106

I thought Gausman was OK. I thought he threw the ball well enough had the bats shown up but but you just can’t give up huge hits to pitchers In the playoffs. I don’t care how “relatively” good of hitters they are. Yes, Urias “has batting average thus he is dangerous” but back on earth They are still supposed to be tomato can AB’s in the playoffs. That was a nut shot to the Giants tonight. That big hit given up to Urias

I’m glad Wood is starting game 3. It’s a good change of pace and he’s throwing the ball well. He also has that good record after Giants let downs. Giants need to get ahead first,

Last edited:
Wood just painted the same “corner”(a ball) as Scherzers…no strike

And Seager totally went

And now he’s flat out getting squeezed vs. Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.