All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This FO and coaching staff manages in the 21st century. Pitch counts after a certain amount of time off, when to pull guys, how to bring guys up. Long gone are the days of Bochy managing through his "gut".
Bochy did a passable job managing with his “gut” in what I believe was the 21st century but ok

Bochy did a passable job managing with his “gut” in what I believe was the 21st century but ok
Absolutely. Dude has 3 rings to show for it. All I'm saying is that's not what this team is anymore. Mostly every decision has been mathed out to what optimal in the long-term. Boch mostly went by his "feel" for the game and more traditional staples of managing.

If not for Duggar tapping a home run back into play in the second Braves game. Littell would’ve served up a bomb to the first batter in three straight appearances now

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

The Angels really could have the best player of his generation (Mike Trout), a dude doing something literally only Babe Ruth has ever done (Shohei Ohtani), and one of the best pitchers of this century who has been the best pitcher in baseball since going to the Dodgers (Scherzer) and will still probably struggle to win eighty games next season because they're the SlegnA.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the best thing about being an A's fan is them doing just enough to get you invested but always blowing up spectacularly when it counts the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.