All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I freakin’ love Tatis and everything he brings to the game. I only hate that he’s a Padre and was acquired for JAMES FREAKIN SHIELDS.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Cleveland's baseball team changed its name to the Guardians, apparently after massive statues they've apparently had in their city, which is sorta badass. Also they accomplished all this despite announcing they were changing names several months after the Washington Football Team did and those dudes are still waffling on their new brand (they also had a massive sexual assault scandal to deal with).

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Cleveland's baseball team changed its name to the Guardians, apparently after massive statues they've apparently had in their city, which is sorta badass. Also they accomplished all this despite announcing they were changing names several months after the Washington Football Team did and those dudes are still waffling on their new brand (they also had a massive sexual assault scandal to deal with).

I had no idea about the tie in to the statues on the bridge. When I saw the name I was kinda "meh" - but that makes me like it a lot more. Local tie-ins are cool. And so are the statues.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I can't look at these things and not think of the Argonath just like I can't read Cleveland Guardians and not think of the British newspaper but I suppose I'll eventually get used to it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Beat LA, lose to the garbage .375 team that just got swept by Arizona.

This is as mad as I’ve been after a loss all season.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Trae Turner just got pulled in the first after a home run. He’s not a rental (arbitration eligible 1 more year), and a guy I would trade for.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Trae Turner just got pulled in the first after a home run. He’s not a rental (arbitration eligible 1 more year), and a guy I would trade for.
After having to deal with Aubrey Huff for a decade plus (almost entirely after his playing career), I'm not sure the city of San Francisco has enough patience left to deal with Trea Turner lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
False alarm; he actually just got hurt.

Trae’s a political nut? At least Aubrey didn’t (at least publically) go off the deep end until after retirement.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
False alarm; he actually just got hurt.

Trae’s a political nut? At least Aubrey didn’t (at least publically) go off the deep end until after retirement.
He got outed for, err, interesting tweets in the past. I don't think he's at Huff levels of Huff-ness at least.

Heavy Beltran for Wheeler energy…

NO RENTALS, FARHAN.
Eh, this season is WAY different than Beltran for Wheeler. I dont think we were even in the playoffs at that point and already knew we'd lost Buster Posey for the whole year. Just beyond a dumb deal.

Wouldn't be over the moon at trading for a rental, but I'd def understand it this year. I'm always going to applaud a team for going for it when they have a legit chance at a title. Even if it sacrifices some of the future.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^Wasnt talking the Giants, that A’s trade has that same energy.

Other than that one, I’ve been okay with prices. Graveman, Frazier, and Gallo didn’t exactly break the bank and I’d have been good with any of those prices of fringe top-10 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.