About being a Kings fan

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Welp, the power came back on just in time for me to read about Bagley's thumb.

You know, it's not easy being a Kings fan. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. At this point, however, I'll be honest. I pretty much expect us to get gobsmacked at some point in the season. I just didn't expect it to come this soon.

I'm headed down the hill in the morning to join family and friends at G1C tomorrow for our annual "Opening night" get-together. We'll have fun, we'll cheer and we'll enjoy our time together. We'll leave G1C after the game, win or lose, with at least a bit of gratitude for being able to spend another annual night together.

I just caught @Carmichael Dave's interview with Michelle Dapper.

I gotta admit, I feel his pain and understand it. But, when all is said and done, I'm still a Kings fan. It's who I am. It's what I do.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

You know, it's not easy being a Kings fan. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. At this point, however, I'll be honest. I pretty much expect us to get gobsmacked at some point in the season. I just didn't expect it to come this soon.

I'm headed down the hill in the morning to join family and friends at G1C tomorrow for our annual "Opening night" get-together. We'll have fun, we'll cheer and we'll enjoy our time together. We'll leave G1C after the game, win or lose, with at least a bit of gratitude for being able to spend another annual night together.

I gotta admit, I feel his pain and understand it. But, when all is said and done, I'm still a Kings fan. It's who I am. It's what I do.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
I thought the Kings would had made sure that the Golden One Center wasn't being built on an old Indian burial ground before they started construction on the new arena! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
Enjoy the game!!

NO time to give up. We played one crummy game.
Bagley can't carry this team anyway. He is not ready yet. There are some new improved parts.
Let's see what Walton can come up with. The first game the team ignored him.

After they played the first game I was thinking why did I waste my money on nba league pass.

Then after thinking about it I also came to the same conclusions I always have had over the years.

The Kings are my team and I will continue to watch and support them and if I was still in the Sacramento area I would be at the game with season tickets tonight rooting on my team.
I also wasted money on the league pass for this non sense.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I can't say I have felt this feeling before but... I have always had eternal optimism for a better future. I thought that last year we would finally break through..I'm not sure what I am feeling now but it feels like defeat.

and I've been here for almost 2 decades.

I'm not actually sure if I can watch this anymore

I can't say I have felt this feeling before but... I have always had eternal optimism for a better future. I thought that last year we would finally break through..I'm not sure what I am feeling now but it feels like defeat.

and I've been here for almost 2 decades.

I'm not actually sure if I can watch this anymore
I’ve been watching this for 3+ decades and have said that many times, but this is also one of the most discouraged I have felt. Of course there have been many many many stretches of games that have been played in the history of the kings that is just as bad if not worse play, but I can never remember coming into a season so excited and optimistic about a season, only to have such a stinky crap filled blanket thrown all over it within the span of 3 games.

I’m almost there too. :(

If things don’t start turning around soon, Vlade and Luke may be in the unemployment line together soon.
The worst thing is that even if something like that were to happen, the way this season is starting to turn out completely shifts the national narrative on the kings, once again. we were an up and coming team with a ton of potential after last year. Presumably a lot of talented coaches would have been interested in hitching themselves to the team going forward. But instead we jumped on Walton in a matter of a weekend and if this goes down in flames you wonder if the old narrative is back and we are looking at retread coaches once again. As much as I want to ***** and moan and blame Walton for everything right now, he better pull through or I fear this sets a chain reaction the organization may not be able to recover from.

I grew up as a kid watching the Washington Senators and the Washington Redskins. We were trained as kids to never give up.

Now the Wash Nationals are in the World Series. Cool but I don't care about those teams back there much after 50 years.
I do care about the Kings at some level that makes no sense. They are our team and we will support them. They need to do some soul searching and get out of this mental funk and start playing smarter. Giving up is not an option.

As a few people from Norcal note, this year if you're an NFL fan as well as an NBA fan, you can enjoy the 49ers stellar season to take your mind off this early mess.