49ers-Seahawks game discussion thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The day is here. The day both 49ers fans and Seahawks fans have been waiting for since the very beginning of the season.

We knew it was just a matter of time. We had to play a full season before we could meet in what, for many NFC fans, is the super bowl. What happens today is what matters. What happens two weeks from now will be icing on the cake.

I am a 49er fan. That's no secret to anyone. My son-in-law was born in Seattle in 1976, the same year the Seahawks were formed. He is a Seahawks fan and has raised my grand-daughters, the amazing little princesses, to be the same. Today is a day when family ties take a back seat to team rivalries. We both hope for a good game and fair officiating, while each quietly hoping our team kicks the crap out of the other team.

Not sure how active I'll be in this thread but I felt uniquely qualified to start it. Ironically, while we're rooting for opposite teams during THE game we will all be rooting for our beloved Kings (and recording that game to watch later).

This is the game I've been waiting for. Season meetings are out the window. This is for ALL the marbles. One of us will be incredibly happy and the other will be crushed. This is what true rivalries are all about. This is the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, the North vs. the South. This is what being a sports fan is all about ... and I love it!

GO NINERS!!!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I realize we have been very fortunate as fans of the Niners but I want my children to feel the same sense of pride as I had in the 80s. Is this piggish?? Hell, yes!!!! :mad: I hope somebody hangs out here as I am home alone and have no one to share fun with or yell at. ;) One hour.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some random thoughts:

I certainly hope Navarro Bowman will be alright. You know it's bad when members of both teams are yelling for the training staff.

I'm very disappointed in the game, not because the Niners lost but because poor officiating once again was a determining factor.

Good to see that Seahawks fans - who threw Skittles at Bowman as he was being carted off the field - are just as classy as Sonics fans.

I will not be watching this year's Super Bowl.

I wonder if Sam Amick is going to write any exposes on a couple of KF members for their language on Twitter.

The officials gave away an entire possession when they failed to make the roughing the kicker call. They even tried to hand the game to s3attle when they failed rule to make the correct call on Bowman's take away. BS officiating on top of Sherman's cowardly trash talking in his post game interview. AND no seattle seahawks website is accepting new memberships at this time. Every one living in or around seattle is a COWARD. Here's to hoping they never ever get an NBA basketball team.

Last edited:
The officials gave away an entire possession when they failed to make the roughing the kicker call. They even tried to hand the game to s3attle when they failed rule to make the correct call on Bowman's take away. BS officiating on top of Williams cowardly trash talking in his post game interview. AND no seattle seahawks website is accepting new memberships at this time. Every one living in or around seattle is a COWARD. Here's to hoping they never ever get an NBA basketball team.
Can't say it better myself. Peyton can shove it into Sherman's dirty mouth.

I'm as big a Niners fan as anyone but officials had very little if anything to do with ultimate outcome of this wild game. Let's be reminded that Niners led throughout most and only got into big trouble with THREE critical turnovers in 4th quarter. Well, you say it should have only been TWO since Bowman actually recovered a non-reviewable one. Except, Seahawks promptly gave it back to Niners when their QB and RB flubbed an ensuing hand off.

Back to the drawing board young Kap. And he knows it since in very direct post-game comments took total responsibility for loss saying his 4th quarter turnovers cost the game - not officials. Coach Harbaugh also did not mention the refs nor place blame his QB or anyone else in post game comments. He simply said Seattle won the game because they played better.

Meanwhile, I'm rooting for Denver in SB just because I can't stand Seahawks at all and loud mouth Richard Sherman one bit.

Kap and Harbaugh here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000315565/49ers-postgame-press-conference

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm as big a Niners fan as anyone but officials had very little if anything to do with ultimate outcome of this wild game. Let's be reminded that Niners led throughout most and only got into big trouble with THREE critical turnovers in 4th quarter. Well, you say it should have only been TWO since Bowman actually recovered a non-reviewable one. Except, Seahawks promptly gave it back to Niners when their QB and RB flubbed an ensuing hand off.

Back to the drawing board young Kap. And he knows it since in very direct post-game comments took total responsibility for loss saying his 4th quarter turnovers cost the game - not officials. Coach Harbaugh also did not mention the refs nor place blame his QB or anyone else in post game comments. He simply said Seattle won the game because they played better.

Meanwhile, I'm rooting for Denver in SB just because I can't stand Seahawks at all and loud mouth Richard Sherman one bit.

Kap and Harbaugh here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000315565/49ers-postgame-press-conference
While I largely agree with this post, one would think that an "all-star" crew of refs would know that hitting a punter's plant-leg is Roughing the Kicker and not Running into the Kicker.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Yes, mistakes were made by the refs, including a couple big ones (one nullified by the fumble Seattle made on the next play), but the TO killed us. Especially the last one. We still had time outs and a little time on the clock, no need to force that pass in there at that time.

I like Kap, but he still is not "there" yet. Hopefully with time and experience he will make that next "jump".

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm surprisingly not all that broken up about the game. It was a clash of two good teams and ultimately the team that made less mistakes pull fit out (especially on the back of one heck of a play by Sherman to close out the game). Plus those Seattlites need something to cheer about after the city of Sacramento panted them in grand fashion and it's certainly not going to be Mariners baseball.