2015/16 Kings Predictions

I can't sleep. I am going to make some predictions here...(no specific order)

• Kings will win 46+ games and sneak into the playoffs
  • Boogie will average 24/12/3/1.5blk/3TO and be in the top 5 for MVP
  • Collison will be in the top 3 for 6th man of the year
  • Rondo will average 9pts/10ast/5rb per game and shoot 34% from three and 65% FT
  • B-Mac will shoot 37% from 3 and be serviceable on D
  • WCS will average 8pts/9rbs/2.5blks and start 60+ games
  • Kings will be a top 1o offensive team
  • Kings will be a top 16 defensive team
  • Gay will average 22/6/4 and shoot 45% from the floor
  • Kings will have a .600 winning% or better at home

I'll sleep much better every night of the season if half these predictions come true after so many sleepless nights over past few years in Kingsland.

Gary

All-Star
I will agree with a couple..

.600 win% at home
Kings will be a top 10 offensive team
Kings will be a top 16 defensive team

The rest of them are long shots, except for the win total.

My prediction is that most people on this forum are going to be unhappy when the Kings miss the postseason again. We will be a greatly improved team over last season, but I don't think it will be good enough to catapult us into the top 8 in the West. I've said this before on here, and that is that I do expect us to be in contention for a good part of the season (around 65 or so games), but that will be when the tank will completely run out and we will come up short by enduring a bad streak to end the season.

My prediction is that most people on this forum are going to be unhappy when the Kings miss the postseason again. We will be a greatly improved team over last season, but I don't think it will be good enough to catapult us into the top 8 in the West. I've said this before on here, and that is that I do expect us to be in contention for a good part of the season (around 65 or so games), but that will be when the tank will completely run out and we will come up short by enduring a bad streak to end the season.
See I think that as the season rolls along the Kings will get better. The team will work together better as the new team mates learn each players game. Also George Karl's Game Plan's should become second nature. I think they will go on a run after the All Star break and make the 7th or 8th seed. They will face either the Warriors, Spurs or possibly the Clippers and defeat them in 6 games.

See I think that as the season rolls along the Kings will get better. The team will work together better as the new team mates learn each players game. Also George Karl's Game Plan's should become second nature. I think they will go on a run after the All Star break and make the 7th or 8th seed. They will face either the Warriors, Spurs or possibly the Clippers and defeat them in 6 games.
Give me the Clips or GS and I agree. Also the schedule makers better give us an East friendly early schedule after last years dibacle.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Elite Player- check
Great #2 option- check
Veteran PG - check and check
3 point shooting- check
Capable Head Coach - check
Bench- check. Could be one of the best in league
Pieces to create mismatches and guard a variety of teams looks- check
Ability to score in HC and FB- check
Interior defense - check
Perimeter defense - question mark
Veteran team who can mesh quickly- check
Not relying on a rookie to make 3's - check
Leadership from players- check
Chip on their shoulder - check
Fanbase ready to support and go crazy- check
Kickass GM - check
Passionate owner getting the hell out of the way- looks like a check right now

I'd be surprised if we are not flirting with playoffs. 45 wins at least.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not about to predict how many wins we'll have. Too early for that. But, I think it's fair to assume that we'll be significantly better than last season. I do think grabbing that eighth spot is a possibility. I only see five teams in the west as probable playoff teams, and if one of them gets hit by the injury bug, that could change. But Houston, Memphis, LAC, San Antonio, and the Warriors look like sure bets. The Thunder's future depends on the return of Durant. If he stays healthy, then I see them as a playoff team. But that's a big if. Portland is now in a rebuild with little chance of making the playoffs. The Sun's are very iffy. The Jazz just suffered a major blow with the injury to Exum, and they weren't a shoe in before the injury. New Orleans has the talent, but can they stay healthy? The Lakers have no chance. Dallas is a dark horse that could sneak in if all goes right.

My point is, the West is a little weaker this year once you get past the top five teams, so yes, the Kings have a chance. They need to get off to a good start, so an easy schedule at the beginning would be beneficial. It's also possible that we, along with the national media could be selling this team short. The Kings may end up being much better than even our most optimistic fans think, myself included. We've lived in the dark for so long, that even though were finally in the sunlight, we're still groping.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings will be top 7 in offense
Koufos will average a double double
Rondo will butt heads with Karl
Kings will miss the playoffs by 2-3 games
Kings will be top 3 in rebounding
McLemore will shoot under 35% from 3 for the year

I'm not about to predict how many wins we'll have. Too early for that. But, I think it's fair to assume that we'll be significantly better than last season. I do think grabbing that eighth spot is a possibility. I only see five teams in the west as probable playoff teams, and if one of them gets hit by the injury bug, that could change. But Houston, Memphis, LAC, San Antonio, and the Warriors look like sure bets. The Thunder's future depends on the return of Durant. If he stays healthy, then I see them as a playoff team. But that's a big if. Portland is now in a rebuild with little chance of making the playoffs. The Sun's are very iffy. The Jazz just suffered a major blow with the injury to Exum, and they weren't a shoe in before the injury. New Orleans has the talent, but can they stay healthy? The Lakers have no chance. Dallas is a dark horse that could sneak in if all goes right.

My point is, the West is a little weaker this year once you get past the top five teams, so yes, the Kings have a chance. They need to get off to a good start, so an easy schedule at the beginning would be beneficial. It's also possible that we, along with the national media could be selling this team short. The Kings may end up being much better than even our most optimistic fans think, myself included. We've lived in the dark for so long, that even though were finally in the sunlight, we're still groping.
I think its likely that the kings are better than 99% of people are predicting. If reasonably healthy id say 8th seed is more of a worst case scenario.

Last edited:
This squad definitely improved over the off season but no way they will manage 46 wins just not nearly enough talent and waaay to many things would have to go our way (no drama, no injuries, etc.) but every other goal except Cauley-Stein averaging that many boards and playoffs is a good and feasible goal

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This squad definitely improved over the off season but no way they will manage 46 wins just not nearly enough talent and waaay to many things would have to go our way (no drama, no injuries, etc.) but every other goal except Cauley-Stein averaging that many boards and playoffs is a good and feasible goal
I'm quoting this for future reference...just in case. :p

We are more talented than NO who people swear are a pick to get in.

K

KingMilz

I sort of agree but I don't think talent is the issue, it's weather the talent we have is capable of leading us over the course of a 82 games season, we still don't know if Cuz and Rudy can lead us anywhere (was taken away by firing Mike and Cuz's illness) and we don't know if Rondo will help at all.

We actually have a bunch of really talented players now but if it's the type of talent which results in wins is a another story. I hope everyone saying 46mins is a bare minimum and that we should win 50 games is right but it's hard for me to jump on that bandwagon with so many variables and potential for mass destruction.

gunks

Hall of Famer
talent alone doesn't equal success as much as talent and team chemistry/continuity.
Cuz/Rudy/DC played great together. I think WCS will slot right into that role-playing PF vacuum left by JT. I expect B-Mac will continue to improve under Karl. Rondo is the obvious wildcard. If he plays like he did in Boston, we're a playoff threat. If he plays like he did in Dallas.... bench him/trade him. He's a fat expiring.

Speaking of bench.... the reserves Vlade slapped together in one off-season ****s all over anything PDA ever did.

And then we have Karl. Dude has gotten a lot of (well deserved) flak around here this summer, but the man can coach. He's made the playoffs with lesser rosters. Now he has Cuz, Gay, DC, Rondo and a bunch of talented role players.... and an off-season to implement his system.

Crap..... I'm excited again....

I love all the optimism on here, I am predicting a seven seed. I even have a bet with a couple friends (and Jason Ross from KHTK) that if the Kings don't make the playoffs this year, they get to throw me in the Sac river. If they do however make the playoffs, I get to throw my friend Vince and Jason Ross into the river... From how you all sound on here, I feel even more confident.

Elite Player- check
Great #2 option- check
Veteran PG - check and check
3 point shooting- check
Capable Head Coach - check
Bench- check. Could be one of the best in league
Pieces to create mismatches and guard a variety of teams looks- check
Ability to score in HC and FB- check
Interior defense - check
Perimeter defense - question mark
Veteran team who can mesh quickly- check
Not relying on a rookie to make 3's - check
Leadership from players- check
Chip on their shoulder - check
Fanbase ready to support and go crazy- check
Kickass GM - check
Passionate owner getting the hell out of the way- looks like a check right now

I'd be surprised if we are not flirting with playoffs. 45 wins at least.
I want to quote this on the air next week...

ESPN's summer forecast on west standings:

6. Memphis Grizzlies
Projected record: 51-31
Last season: 55-27

7. New Orleans Pelicans
Projected record: 47-35
Last season: 45-37

8. Dallas Mavericks
Projected record: 41-41
Last season: 50-32

9. Utah Jazz
Projected record: 40-42