2010 Bigdog's Kingsfans NBA Fantasy - draft Saturday, Oct. 23 - 2:30 p.m. PDT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep, it's that time again. League info is as follows:

League ID#: 33428
League Name: Bigdog's Kingsfans League
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bigdogskingsfans
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 23 - 2:30pm PDT
Max Teams: 8
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 3, 2011
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 10 days from Apr 4 to Apr 13
Divisions: No
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Defensive Rebounds (DREB), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Invitations have been sent out to last year's participants. In addition, a slot has been reserved for Bigdog5142, which means we will most likely expand the league to 12 teams. We may, therefore, have an opening for one new manager - first come, first served. Let me know now if you're interested in being put on the waiting list. Any managers who do not claim their spots by Sept. 30 may lose them.

Now, let's get ready for some basketball.

:)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm also back in. But, I think we should extend this to 12 teams. Having 10 teams became way to easy last season.
I don't know about easier, but the fun factor was decidedly off, relative to previous seasons. Any time you have a league with so few managers that starters and leading 6th-man candidates don't get drafted, it's bound to be less fun. I mean, he's not one of my favorites by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're in a league where you can get Zach Randolph in the tenth round... you ain't got enough people.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We only have 8 people so far.
VF, any inclination on whether or not you will extend this to 12?
I would gladly expand the league if we had the people to do it. Let's see if we can get four more people.

x2RedReaper2x - I'm not sure how much "help" you're talking about, but every single one of us was new to NBA fantasy basketball once upon a time. All we're really looking for is someone who will be active, won't flake halfway through the season and is willing to take suggestions from those of us who've been members of the league for a long time. If that sounds agreeable to you, let me know and I'll give you the password to sign up...as long as I have someone else to join at the same time. If we don't have an even number of teams, our league won't be able to draft.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sorry to flake on you guys, but something came up. Gonna cancel my team.
Wow, dude. thanks for nothing. Because you flaked at the last moment we weren't able to draft. I'm sorry to everyone else...I had to go to a funeral today so I made sure we had enough people at 10 a.m. before I left. If people are still interested, I'll try and figure out what to do. Right now, I'm pretty bummed.

If you guys are desperate for people then I'll join. But I'm in the other KingsFans league so if anybody else wants to play then you can put them ahead of me on the list

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can probably get my brother to join us if we need to find more people and if that is okay with the group.
Thanks for stepping up, sackings7. If you want to recruit your brother, piksi, that sounds fine with me. Since we have to reschedule a draft time, I'm going to try for another Saturday at 2:30 if that works.

Piksi - can you give your brother the league ID and password? And if anyone else has friends, let's try and boost the management roster just a bit. We just have to remember to have an even number of teams. AND IF, for whatever reason, you decide you cannot handle the league, PLEASE DO NOT WITHDRAW. I think as commissioner I can reassign a team to another manager. Or we can think of something else.

Thanks to all...I'll try and get this sorted out in the next few days. Let me know if you have someone else who will definitely play and we'll put them in - two by two - and go from there.

:)

Wow, dude. thanks for nothing. Because you flaked at the last moment we weren't able to draft. I'm sorry to everyone else...I had to go to a funeral today so I made sure we had enough people at 10 a.m. before I left. If people are still interested, I'll try and figure out what to do. Right now, I'm pretty bummed.

No need to apologize. Some things are more important than basketball. My sincerest condolences.

Apologies to all, I'm going to have to exit this league this year. Due to a mess-up with another private keeper league I'm in (Slim knows what I'm talking about) I have to rejoin the new league for that place, and the only available team slot I have is in the Bigdogs league that hasn't drafted yet...so I'll have to delete my team to get back into the keeper league.

On the plus side, at least it will be able to draft now. I plan to be back next year.

Geoff

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sorry, life intervened. I'm looking to see what I can do to get the draft rescheduled right now...

Okay, as of this minute there are only 8 teams confirmed and ready for the draft. I do not want to have to worry about whether or not anyone else is going to back out, or try to find other replacements so it boils down to this: We either cancel the league or we go with 8 teams, which might prove to be pretty interesting...or pretty boring.

I'm changing the draft status to ready...

Oh crap. I changed it to ready and now it says that we're on auto-draft and I don't know how to freaking change it.

I hate this. it says our "auto draft will be completed between now and 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 24"... !#$^)!$^_)(!@#$

EDIT 2:

Okay, cancel the panic. I found the way to make it a "live online draft"... Hold on for revised draft day and time. Please bear with me. I apologize for all the confusion.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
REVISED DRAFT INFO:

Draft is Saturday, Oct. 23 - 2:30 p.m.

If one of the moderators would change the title of the thread, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm sorry VF...man...life just gets moving! It gets so much more complicated with kids! :) I totally forgot about fantasy basketball with me playing fantasy football. Have fun...thanks for continually trying to let me be involved! :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm sorry VF...man...life just gets moving! It gets so much more complicated with kids! :) I totally forgot about fantasy basketball with me playing fantasy football. Have fun...thanks for continually trying to let me be involved! :)
That's okay, Josh. We'll just keep using your name in the league title. :)