2007 NBA Free Agent List

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654216

I know its way early to be looking at this list but there looks to be some pretty acquirable solid players next year... and it also looks like we will have a decent amount of money coming off the books...

This morning on Rome, Sam Cassell was on the show and he was talking about how he still wants to play 2 more seasons after his contract is up after this year, he also went on saying how he wouldn't mind coming off the bench for a contender... I personally have always been a fan of Cassell, hes a true leader and would be great coming off our bench... I know hes old but if we could get him cheap i think this would be a great pick up for the Kings... but i don't see him on this list, whats up???

Also, Diop would be a great pick up as well...

who do you guys think we should go after?...

Some of my favorite underpaid players are on that list...

Ryan Gomes, Brevin Knight, Mike Sweetney, Primoz Brezec, Ronny Turiaf and Mo Williams are all guys I'd be delighted to have on our roster. Primoz might not be the ideal sort of big for us, but he has all the basics down, and is a lot better than no big at all. And, with the possible exception of Alonzo Mourning, he is probably the best $2.75M/yr. center in the NBA.

Undoubtedly, though, a lot of teams are going to want those guys. :-/

With Popadenko, Hart, Taylor, and Williamson coming off the books, the Kings may have a shot at signing someone interesting.
I sure hope so, I see Anderson V. from the Cavs, Wallace from the Bobcats, Griffin from the Wolves amoung others. I do like Anderson a lot, a nice young energetic PF for the future, I think the Cavs have the same plans for him as we would have if we had him.

The Kings will still be over or too close to the cap even after those guys come off, right?
Everything depends on whether Bibby opts out of his contract or not. If he opts out the Kings will be about $10-13 million under the cap. If he keeps his deal for next year the Kings will be right at the cap number and will be about $10 million under the tax level (but still could only use the MLE and LLE). Or Bibby could get a raise and then who knows.

It's going to be an interesting offseason.

Everything depends on whether Bibby opts out of his contract or not. If he opts out the Kings will be about $10-13 million under the cap. If he keeps his deal for next year the Kings will be right at the cap number and will be about $10 million under the tax level (but still could only use the MLE and LLE). Or Bibby could get a raise and then who knows.

Ahh... so if Bibby comes off the books, the Kings may have a shot at signing someone interesting.

(That's supposed to be a thumbs up, if it is not a thumbs up for you, then there is a bug in the forum... it is supposed to be a thumbs up.)

Ahh... so if Bibby comes off the books, the Kings may have a shot at signing someone interesting.

(That's supposed to be a thumbs up, if it is not a thumbs up for you, then there is a bug in the forum... it is supposed to be a thumbs up.)
Well, if the Kings don't re-sign Bibby they're going to have a massive hole at point guard they'd have to take care of first. Once you have that problem solved (Mo Williams?) there's probably not that much money left. For all intents and purposes you have to figure that the Kings will have about the MLE to spend on a big man whatever happens. Or you can hope that something will come through the draft.

i am 99% sure bibby will not opt out giving the condition that only 3 team will have the cap space this summer,and more over,he will be 30 in 08/09 when his contract expire if he doesn't opt out this summer,at that age he still can get a big contract for 5 years,if he opts out this summer and sigh a 5 year deal somewhere,that contract will expire when he is 33,with no chance he can get another big deal

If he can't get healthy and up his production there is no way Bibby opts out either. With what's happened so far, he's a still a King for two more years. Which leaves us with the MLE for the summer...I'd LOVE Mo Williams as a back-up PG in Sacto! However, don't think that'll happen. This draft is loaded with big men, so maybe the Kings'll draft a big man.