2004 NBA Finals on NBA TV

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
They've been showing The Finals all day long on NBA TV, and right now, Game 5 is just about to start... Must See TV... :D
Thanks, Slim! Got it on now. Appreciate the notice.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gargamel said:
Bah! They should show the Minny/Sac series. I'd watch that! ;)
Yeah, that was a much better series -- two equally matched teams fighting and clawing to the bitter end. Neither side giving up and collapsing into a smelly pile of dung reqquiring a full franchise reconstruction.... ;)

ah man i wish i had NBA tv. i'd love to see that 5 game sweep again :D

yes kobe, keep shooting the ball. don't both giving it to shaq even thought ben wallace couldn't gaurd a 10 year old version of shaq..........

David Stern, upon presenting the troph to Detroit:

"Against the valiant and celebrated effort of the Los Angeles Lakers ....." Poor Stern, had to give it up to Detroit! You gotta love it.

Derek Fisher, the only player to give up an interview at the end, a true class act.

Bricklayer said:
Yeah, that was a much better series -- two equally matched teams fighting and clawing to the bitter end. Neither side giving up and collapsing into a smelly pile of dung reqquiring a full franchise reconstruction.... ;)
And then in the WCFs, the Lakers took out the better of those two teams with ease.

I believe Lakers are still reeling and will be in "fallout" mode for at least 3 years!

Albeit true, Kings are pat ~ pretty much status quo ~ minus the slow euro center. :p

albeitrue said:
I believe Lakers are still reeling and will be in "fallout" mode for at least 3 years!

Albeit true, Kings are pat ~ pretty much status quo ~ minus the slow euro center. :p
I wouldn't go that far. They're minus the slow euro center, but they're also minus the deep bench along with other ?s. I think there's a great capacity for flux as far as both teams are concerned. LA is weak at PG, deficient at PF, and at the mercy of the refs at C so they could overachieve based on the cohesion they showed in the preseason...or they could succumb to small ball woes when they face top tier teams with reasonably strong interior presences. The Kings can go thru the nastiest of slumps when their defense and rebounding and free throwing aren't sharp.

Gargamel said:
I wouldn't go that far. They're minus the slow euro center, but they're also minus the deep bench along with other ?s. I think there's a great capacity for flux as far as both teams are concerned. LA is weak at PG, deficient at PF, and at the mercy of the refs at C so they could overachieve based on the cohesion they showed in the preseason...or they could succumb to small ball woes when they face top tier teams with reasonably strong interior presences. The Kings can go thru the nastiest of slumps when their defense and rebounding and free throwing aren't sharp.
Yeah, defense wins championships, and FT's translate to important points during big games. Rebounding? What is that again?

Kings were without a deep bench last season too, so I'm sticking by "status-quo". Webs presence inside has improved somewhat & his shooting percentage has come way up. Peja is not relying on screens so much and is getting free more often. Maybe my status quo mark should be moved, but heck...it's just preseason.

Lakers do look cohesive, moreso than was expected I think. By December, with a fair number of games under our belts, things will be clearer.

I HATE not knowing what to expect!

Gargamel said:
And then in the WCFs, the Lakers took out the better of those two teams with ease.

Hey, we took our guys to 7 games, seven Tough games at that... I think it's more than fair to say we loosened 'em up for ya, especially considering the next round...