1st 5 Games Predictions?

What will the Kings record be after the first five games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What record do you foresee for the Kings after initial 5 games of the regular season? Strictly on Wins/Losses on their first 5 games

Matchups (prediction):

@ Suns (W)
Trailblazers (W)
@ Jazz (L)
Nuggets (L)
Hornets (W)

I'm thinking 3-2, or 2-3. with smaller chances at 1-4 or 4-1 and even smaller at 0-5 and 5-0.

Here's my likelihood of outcome progression from most to least: 3-2 , 2-3 , 4-1 , 1-4 , 5-0, 0-5.

We really need to step up the home court advantage this year so I’d like to see us take the 3 home games and with the Phoenix road win that would put us at 4-1, but I’m thinking 3-2 is more likely possibly 2-3 if Portland and Denver both come out strong. I don’t see us taking the Jazz game on the road.

Probably 0-5. The Suns are clearly a superior team with a superior best player, and the snowball effect will begin after that.

We’re really going to miss WCS’s playmaking, defense, and blocked shots. It will all be obvious soon enough.
you scared me for a second there

4-1 because one of those two games with the Jazz and Nuggets we will win. The other games are cake for a winning team like the Kings (yes we will be well above .500 this year)

Safest prediction, and the one I'm making!
So then we lose a home opener to Portland? Have you seen our roster? 4 players in our starting lineup can go for 50 on any given night (not all teams can say that). Then our backups are better than a lot of teams starting lineups. Bogs, Bjelica, Joseph, Yogi, Holmes, Ariza, Giles.. On paper we might be one of the best and most balanced teams in the league.

So then we lose a home opener to Portland? Have you seen our roster? 4 players in our starting lineup can go for 50 on any given night (not all teams can say that). Then our backups are better than a lot of teams starting lineups. Bogs, Bjelica, Joseph, Yogi, Holmes, Ariza, Giles.. On paper we might be one of the best and most balanced teams in the league.

1570936334346.gif

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Did you maybe want to change that number to 20-25 points on any given night? :oops:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Not sure if serious.....

But I'll give you my most sincere apologies if one of our guys hits 50 this season!

Totally agree about the bench btw. This should be a fun squad, I just think it'll take more than 5 games to hit this teams potential.

Be nice to come out of the gate 3 and 2. If the Kings play more like they did in the first quarter of the first game in India 4 and 1 is easily possible. That was a beautiful quarter of Basketball.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jazz, Nuggets, and trailblazers are 3 of the 11 teams we only had 3 wins against last year. We got 2 of the 3 wins against the Jazz and the blazers. The other was the lakers. We could get 2out of the 3 within our first five games. But I will not freak out if we lose all 3. 2-9 against those 3 teams last year. Just 3-8 is an improvement but I won’t demand 2 of them be to start the season. 1 win will be fine for now. Prediction 3-2

If the Kings plays help defense that gives up the highest percentage 3's possible that they have already in preseason that Suns game could be trouble. They appear to be finding an identity from downtown. Everything the Kings are going to do, or not do, has everything to do with the Kings, not the opponent. Teams are too similar these days and the Kings do have a combination of talent and experience so there is no excuse. Vlade made moves teams make when they feel like they are on the cusp of being 50 win type of team.

Being homerish a bit, but pretty serious. We do have a good team on paper, and it seems they are all high character good chemistry type of players. I think we go 4-1. And no, I was not totally serious about the 50, was just trying to convey that we have 4 players on our starting lineup that can get in a zone and take over a game in regards to scoring.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Being homerish a bit, but pretty serious. We do have a good team on paper, and it seems they are all high character good chemistry type of players. I think we go 4-1. And no, I was not totally serious about the 50, was just trying to convey that we have 4 players on our starting lineup that can get in a zone and take over a game in regards to scoring.
I got you on 35.

It'll be fun to see who hits that mark first this year. Smart money is on Buddy, but I'd love it if Fox or Bagley can hit (or surpass) 35 points in a game this season.