Baja Den's way too early, worthless 2023 mock draft:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm a fan of Nnaji, but worth noting that in that workout video, not only does he not take a jumper, he doesn't take ANY shot that isn't a dunk.
Well, he did take two one-foot hooks against Ibaka. (Who, BTW, appears to be the same height as Nnaji at the very end of the video. Since we didn't get any combine measurements on Nnaji we might expect him to be 6'10" rather than the claimed 7-foot in that tweet FWIW.)

I don't know anything about Nnaji. Haven't seen him play a game. Him dunking 1-on-0 doesn't really tell me anything. The last workout video that sold me on a player was Yi Jianlian's, I learned my lesson after that. So he's a bit of mystery guy.

I'm not sure why were comparing Podz to Jalen Williams. So Santa Barbra landed a bigtime x-fer, 6'10 Yohan Traore in the portal this summer, do we compare him, a big, to Williams the Swingman to Podz the combo guard next season cuz they all played at the same school?
Because in the big games - Saint Marys and Gonzaga - Williams was a problem. Podz was not. Dariq Whitehead has me very intrigued as a 2/3.

Like I said, Podz was awesome in college. But it was a down year outside of SMC and the Zags. And Santa Clara catered their offense to him. I think he’s going to have a long adjustment to NBA level defense.

So I look at a scouting report of someone down on Nnaji, NBAdraft,net they have him in the 2nd rd in the 40's on a mock updated the other day.

What stands out right away is they compare him to Udoka Azubuike and Ian Mahinmi, who to me, 2 lumbering bigs whereas Nnaji looks light on his feet in comparison.

If Nnaji is infact 235lbs when hes as lean as he is in that workout clip, thats kind of crazy.

I'm hoping he falls to us at 38.. Thats really what I'd like to see happen, n he is basically stashed in stockton for 2 seasons, he NEEDS reps, very important.

Last edited:
Well, he did take two one-foot hooks against Ibaka. (Who, BTW, appears to be the same height as Nnaji at the very end of the video. Since we didn't get any combine measurements on Nnaji we might expect him to be 6'10" rather than the claimed 7-foot in that tweet FWIW.)

I don't know anything about Nnaji. Haven't seen him play a game. Him dunking 1-on-0 doesn't really tell me anything. The last workout video that sold me on a player was Yi Jianlian's, I learned my lesson after that. So he's a bit of mystery guy.
Yeah he looks closer to 6'11 or 6'10.5" standing next to Ibaka in that clip.

Because in the big games - Saint Marys and Gonzaga - Williams was a problem. Podz was not. Dariq Whitehead has me very intrigued as a 2/3.

Like I said, Podz was awesome in college. But it was a down year outside of SMC and the Zags. And Santa Clara catered their offense to him. I think he’s going to have a long adjustment to NBA level defense.
I like Whitehead he'd be good value for the Kings I could see why someone who wants him selected would be shaky on Podz whos gonna be an all offense not much defense guy. Whitehead is ready to contribute long as his foot is healthy, once you get past him in current projections the wings get a bit shakier as far as readiness.

The thing is to me is that Podz isnt like some small town gem thats been hiding in Santa Clara for extended time, its more a portal success story. he was already known nationally in recruitment blueblood programs like Kentucky were interested, he was flying up the rankings was a hot commodity n compared to Tyler Herro.

I think it's just an apples to oranges comparison though to be blunt. Jalen Williams is a player who played 20-30 games 26-33mpg as a Freshman and Sophomore then had his big breakout in his Junior year, while Podz played like 3 minutes per game as a freshman for Illinois and then immediately blew up as a Sophomore, so you'd expect Williams to play better vs the conference heavyweights as he's gotten way more reps vs them.

I'm a fan of Nnaji, but worth noting that in that workout video, not only does he not take a jumper, he doesn't take ANY shot that isn't a dunk.

Nnaji's defense is obviously ahead of his offense. But he could probably give some decent minutes early on for a team that plays drop coverage and runs an offensive scheme heavy on pick & rolls and half court sets with a big in the dunker's spot.

Whether the Kings are a good fit for him, I don't know. I really liked the idea of trading Holmes a s going after Hartenstein last off-season to have a backup center who could run a lot of the same action with Domas on the bench.

But maybe having a wholly different type of backup big makes more sense.

I don't know that he'd be at the top of my board at #24 unless the draft is a lot crazier than I'm expecting, but I don't think I'd hate it.
On the Kings we sure wouldnt need him to take any shot but a dunk, it stands to reason we could always have a 4-man who can really shoot the 3 next to him if were gonna have Barnes, Murray, Vezenkov and Lyles here.

He'd function like Ben Wallace off the bench here! Sadly would shoot FT's just like him too probably.

Nnaji's defense is obviously ahead of his offense. But he could probably give some decent minutes early on for a team that plays drop coverage and runs an offensive scheme heavy on pick & rolls and half court sets with a big in the dunker's spot.

Whether the Kings are a good fit for him, I don't know. I really liked the idea of trading Holmes a s going after Hartenstein last off-season to have a backup center who could run a lot of the same action with Domas on the bench.

But maybe having a wholly different type of backup big makes more sense.

I don't know that he'd be at the top of my board at #24 unless the draft is a lot crazier than I'm expecting, but I don't think I'd hate it.
Last season I felt like we were a bit too soft around the rim as a team on both ends of the floor. I'm going to "pick on" Metu because he's a FA and he's the guy Nnaji would be replacing. Metu played well when he put his head down and played as the garbage man. However, I think he hurt the team whenever he tried to do things outside of put back and wide open dunks. When Metu attempts to do things outside of his scope, it's usually bad for the team.

This is where I'd envision Nnaji coming in and helping right away despite being more of a raw prospect. When you watch his game tape, he understands his role. It's also reflected by his 70% FG through the entire season. He could come in and play the backup C role that gives you size on both ends of the floor. Run him in some PnR with Malik where he has enough size and length to dunk over defenders. On defense, he gives us a legitimate big with paint protection.

Hartenstein would be a good FA option in the future, but it begs the question for this season. There's other avenues the Kings can explore aside from drafting Nnaji. But I think it'll be a position that needs to be filled this offseason.

I mean, the tools that Nnaji has, are not 2nd rd tools, lets be clear about that... thats one of the reasons It'd be mega-value to get him at 38.

Compare him to 6'10, projected top-5 pick in the 2025 draft, Flory Bidunga. Now Bidunga actually has a bit of a jumper even though its short range (maybe 12') but the physical profile is similar. Bidunga is clearly a vastly superior prospect to someone like the 21st pick of the 2021 draft - Usman Garuba (who's much more anchored to the ground than these other 2) and I think Nnaji might be as well.

206fan is correct there's lots of avenues t,hat we could explore at backup C, he's also correct IMO in saying we need to make some moves there this summer. I particularly like a low cost option such as Jaxson Hayes, whos 23 years old, seemingly low cost and freakishly athletic even for NBA standards. There's also no reason to believe we couldn't find a C in next years draft or the one after, why I'm still a bit sad Donovan Clingan pulled his name out of this draft so fast, with Lively's rise up the board I think he coulda been a legit candidate for the Kings 1rp.

Last edited:
I mean, the tools that Nnaji has, are not 2nd rd tools, lets be clear about that... thats one of the reasons It'd be mega-value to get him at 38.

Compare him to 6'10, projected top-5 pick in the 2025 draft, Flory Bidunga. Now Bidunga actually has a bit of a jumper even though its short range (maybe 12') but the physical profile is similar. Bidunga is clearly a vastly superior prospect to someone like the 21st pick of the 2021 draft - Usman Garuba (who's much more anchored to the ground than these other 2) and I think Nnaji might be as well.

206fan is correct there's lots of avenues t,hat we could explore at backup C, he's also correct IMO in saying we need to make some moves there this summer. I particularly like a low cost option such as Jaxson Hayes, whos 23 years old, seemingly low cost and freakishly athletic even for NBA standards. There's also no reason to believe we couldn't find a C in next years draft or the one after, why I'm still a bit sad Donovan Clingan pulled his name out of this draft so fast, with Lively's rise up the board I think he coulda been a legit candidate for the Kings 1rp.
I think he's great value in the late teens-20's let alone the 2nd round, I think at worst he's a Bismack (was a top 10 pick I think) type player but I think he's a bit more talented/fluid than Bismack. Sidy/Nnaji/Djurisic are insanely good 2nd round picks imo.

Hi everyone, I'm a new member oh this forum from Spain but I've being following it from years. First of all excuse me for my english, it isn't the best...

I'm intrigued since a few weeks with Jordan Walsh from Arkansas. I think he solves some of our biggest issues from last season and he could be able to develope the next years his 3pt shooting which is his major weakness right now. For what I could see, his mechanics doesn't seem bad, I think that he would be able to work on it and in 2/3 years be a serviciable shooter in the NBA with some space. He shot at 28% from 3 in college in a bad spacing team. And the fact that he is considered as a bad shooter right now is what could make him avaiable around our 1st or 2nd round picks because if a player with his age, wingspan (7'3") and defence had shot like 35-40% from 3 would be at least a lottery pick if not a top10.

I wish we can pick him at 38th but I wouldn't be mad if we bet on him at 24th. I would love have a player with the intangibles, intensity and great defense of Walsh to merge with Keegan and Domas game. Maybe not in his first year but I think that he can become a reliable or at least an average shotter. And besides of his major strenghts it seems to me that he brings some sneaky passing capacity and a high feel for the game. I really think that he could become a modern Doug Christie for this team. He reminds me to Jeremy Sochan, and I really likes his game.

What do you think about him? I didn't follow very much college basketball but watching and reading some reports of him this months made me feel that could be a great fit in our second unit with Lyles, Sasha or Monk for next season and that he has some potential to become a important piece to mix with our principal core for the next years.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did watch him play a game and it didn't really give me any more insight on him as an NBA prospect. One of FC Barcelona's last games in May was against Baskonia and Nnaji got 10 or 11 minutes and he had 6 points on 3 shots and 2 rebounds. He only really popped because of his mobility for his size.

My guess is that he's 6'10" with a 7'6" or 7'7" wingspan. I'm not sure who I'd compare him to. Biyombo isn't bad as a comp, but Nnaji is more fluid. Maybe a bigger Larry Sanders? He's not where Sanders got to be as a shotblocker, but he has those tools and is a bit similar to Sanders entering the NBA.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone, I'm a new member oh this forum from Spain but I've being following it from years. First of all excuse me for my english, it isn't the best...

I'm intrigued since a few weeks with Jordan Walsh from Arkansas. I think he solves some of our biggest issues from last season and he could be able to develope the next years his 3pt shooting which is his major weakness right now. For what I could see, his mechanics doesn't seem bad, I think that he would be able to work on it and in 2/3 years be a serviciable shooter in the NBA with some space. He shot at 28% from 3 in college in a bad spacing team. And the fact that he is considered as a bad shooter right now is what could make him avaiable around our 1st or 2nd round picks because if a player with his age, wingspan (7'3") and defence had shot like 35-40% from 3 would be at least a lottery pick if not a top10.

I wish we can pick him at 38th but I wouldn't be mad if we bet on him at 24th. I would love have a player with the intangibles, intensity and great defense of Walsh to merge with Keegan and Domas game. Maybe not in his first year but I think that he can become a reliable or at least an average shotter. And besides of his major strenghts it seems to me that he brings some sneaky passing capacity and a high feel for the game. I really think that he could become a modern Doug Christie for this team. He reminds me to Jeremy Sochan, and I really likes his game.

What do you think about him? I didn't follow very much college basketball but watching and reading some reports of him this months made me feel that could be a great fit in our second unit with Lyles, Sasha or Monk for next season and that he has some potential to become a important piece to mix with our principal core for the next years.
Welcome Carlos!

I'm a big fan of Walsh, but I don't think I'd take him at #24. But at #38? Absolutely.

I think there are just enough prospects I like that will be available for that first round pick - Leonard Miller, Max Lewis, Kris Murray, maybe Olivier-Maxence Prosper etc. I think I'm still looking for the Kings version of Jarred Vanderbilt with more offense which is why Miller and Prosper are guys I'm high on. Max Lewis gives them another scorer/shooter/offensive minded wing, which they may need if Barnes isn't resigned.

Walsh will likely need some time in the GLeague to work on his shot and playing defense without fouling, among other things. But he's that big wing defender that is invaluable to teams.

One name for the 54th pick that we haven't talked much about is Mo Gueye. Even as a sophomore he's largely still a potential player, but I like his tools. I think ultimately he's a center/big rather than a PF/large wing and will need to add weight/strength to succeed, but he's shown some flashes of an outside game and being somewhat switchable on defense. His team defense still has a ways to go though.

I did watch him play a game and it didn't really give me any more insight on him as an NBA prospect. One of FC Barcelona's last games in May was against Baskonia and Nnaji got 10 or 11 minutes and he had 6 points on 3 shots and 2 rebounds. He only really popped because of his mobility for his size.

My guess is that he's 6'10" with a 7'6" or 7'7" wingspan. I'm not sure who I'd compare him to. Biyombo isn't bad as a comp, but Nnaji is more fluid. Maybe a bigger Larry Sanders? He's not where Sanders got to be as a shotblocker, but he has those tools and is a bit similar to Sanders entering the NBA.
Ben Wallace!

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of these mocks are bumping up guys like Podziemski, Coulibaly, Lively, Sheppard, Prosper etc based on recent draft news. It seems like one of the guys to consistently get pushed down because of it is Max Lewis. This mock doesn't have a 2nd round but I've seen some where Lewis is available at #38.

I just don't see that happening. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's off the board before the Kings pick at #24.

But if somehow he fell to the Kings at #38 it would be an absolute steal IMO.

I can understand the concerns about the lack of team success to some extent, and I think Lewis had to do too much (I also think Romar is still a good recruiter but a bad coach), but Lewis would be great on the Kings.

Last edited:
The thing I worry about Lewis - he didn’t really pop in games. You could forget he was even in the game. I like Strawther better for the Kings.

Last edited:
yet another Kris Murray to the Kings mock.. This is why I signed up to play devils advocate against Kris preseason -- knew a lack of variety was on the way

Lewis at 38 would be excellent. I'm still a bit mesmerized by his ball handling abilities and shiftiness for a 6'7 player with a 7' wingspan, would be fun to watch here. Seems he's put on some good weight too he's up to 207 after being listed at 195 this season.

The thing I worry about Lewis - he didn’t really pop in games. You could forget he was even in the game. I like Strawther better for the Kings.
thats not what worries me about Lewis, its more the turnovers the 3pt shot n the defense. cant put him on the floor if hes too reckless, but I think thats why the Kings might be a good spot for him cuz straight to the g-league for big reps he'd go.

Strawther could be better for the Kings your right. At 38, the way things stand right now, I dont mind that, certainly one of the best shooters we could take. Though if O-Max or Bobi Klintman are on the board I'd prefer them.

Welcome to the board! I hope you've enjoyed all the online discussions. As you can tell, the fans here are a very invested in the drafts. Your English is phenomenal.

With regard to Jordan Walsh, he's a very good defensive prospect. He checks all the boxes you're looking for in a switchable guard/wing combination. He's extremely young, and if you're taking him in the 1st, you're counting on his 3pt shot working out. For me, the risk is too high for the pick at #24. But if we're looking at drawing him with #38, I would be fine with it. The Kings were really bad on defense last year, and he would be able to help with some of the problems in the perimeter. Shooting is going to be his biggest area that he'll need to improve. If he can get to 38% consistently from 3pt, I think he can end up one of the top 3&D wings in the league. But I'm not sure that he can reach that level.

That mock draft has Brice Sensabaugh going after the Kings pick. His defense is putrid.. but if he's there at #24, I'd think long and hard about it. A writer threw out a rumor about a consensus 1st round pick who was too out of a shape to finish a workout. I wonder if this person was Brice? He seems to be trending downward lately.

That mock draft has Brice Sensabaugh going after the Kings pick. His defense is putrid.. but if he's there at #24, I'd think long and hard about it. A writer threw out a rumor about a consensus 1st round pick who was too out of a shape to finish a workout. I wonder if this person was Brice? He seems to be trending downward lately.
The rumor was even a bit more spicy than that, they caught him with a vape pen in the lockerroom after the workout..

dont think its Sensabaugh though ---- I've heard its GG Jackson.

Kris Murray @24
O-Max @38
Seth Lundy@54
and Nadir Hifi UDFA

This would be a nice 3-and-D draft, really fleshes out the depth chart, lot of talented young blood off the bench looking to prove themselves, this team would be FUN, n honestly I think O-Max Propser would outperform for our Kings in such a situation

PG - Fox, Mitchell, Monk , Hifi
SG - Huerter, Monk, Lundy, Mitchell/Ke. Murray
SF - Ke. Murray, Kr. Murray/O-Max, Barnes, Huerter/Lundy
PF - Barnes, O-Max/Kr. Murray, Ke. Murray, Lyles
C - Sabonis, Lyles, *Jaxson Hayes, Holmes

*signed as a FA

I sort of like this idea of going after a Forward in the 1st and then again at 38, we could land players with contrasting styles with length who can shoot n defend like Klintman and O-Max, there's lots of combinations that could work. I'd assume you'd hope to resign Harison Barnes for like 2 or 3 years meaning these forwards selected wouldnt be RFA's til the summer after, leaving our ducks in a row, this leaves us already loaded going into the 2024 draft with no 1rp far as I'm concerned.

NGL I might prefer to go after Klintman at 24 but certainly it stands to reason Kris is far more prepared to help with next years playoff push, so I edited out Klintman and Kris in as it seems more likely.

This to me is such a killer draft for the Kings, but Prosper at 38 and Lundy at 54 do seem unlikely, we'd have upgraded the length and athletecism in the frontcourt a ton with these moves, hopefully this would add some more toughness. This looks like a roster full of players that should continue to improve.

Last edited:
hmm... today is a "lets take Dariq Whitehead" type of day for me... Anytime I get too high on Kris Murray the idea of taking Whitehead always sobers me up some..

Its just the longer i stare at the depth chart, the 3rd SG spot or a spot for a swingman (2/3)seems open, now It seems like we can default back to Terence Davis, which IMO is a strong option long as the price is right. Then I ask myself 'how can we do better? is it affordable?' and it immediately becomes apparent, its not gonna be that easy, some of the options whod be looking for that pay range would be looking for a bigger role than the kings can give --- now Coulibaly woulda solved this all by himself, but not an option. Whitehead however, remains.

24 - Whitehead
38 - Nnaji
54 - Toumani Camara
UDFA - Justin Powell

Draft like that really adds some nice physicality to a roster that played pretty small this season.

PG - Fox, Mitchell, Monk, TD, Powell
SG - Huerter, Monk, Whitehead, TD, Mitchell/Powell
SF - Murray, Whitehead, *Bates-Diop, Barnes/Huerter/Camara
PF - Barnes, *Bates-Diop, Murray, Camara, Lyles
C - Sabonis, Lyles, Queta, Nnaji

*Keita Bates-Diop is signed in Free agency in this scenario. As much as everyone is expecting Kris Murray to be the 1rp, I cant help but wonder how things would look if we went with a vet like KBD to fill that very role you'd put Kris in, I feel like KBD would perform great..

Nnaji needs reps so he goes to the G-League, hopefully Queta resigns for cheap for 2-3 years this summer then starts to outperform so he can increase his trade value while Nnaji also increases his, little moves like this going into the 2024 draft with no 1rp seem diligent. Re-signing TD, Barnes, Queta and Lyles, bring in 1 new vet, I actually love this scenario, sign me up.

Last edited:
Julian Phillips at 38 should be revisited. How do yall feel about that possible selection? Could he be on sale because of that 23% from 3 freshman year? Is he actually a better 3pt shooter than that? I dont wanna give him too much benefit of the doubt but I will say usually guys who shoot 23% from 3 dont also shoot 82.2% from the FT stripe.

If we're talking wings at 38 there's some funky 3pt shooting stats/mechanics to try and wade thru, reports at the trade deadline were Coach Brown was interested in Matisse Thybulle so maybe we wouldnt be scared off about the shooting of Jordan Walsh, Julian Phillips, Andre Jackson and Sidy Cissoko to name a few, Phillips to me might be the safest on that list to improve the outside shot, those other guys arent 80% FT shooters thats for sure.

Here's highlights from a game where he hits 2 3's how does that shot look to you guys? salvageable? Also look at his work on the boards in these highlights, could he do stuff like that for the Kings? he did average 1.8 orebs this season in like 24mins, thats quite a lot for a wingplayer.

I especially like the Oreb at 1:55... You can see the quickness there, he goes from the 3pt line to the basket n snatching the oreb in a blink of an eye, that type of thing could actually look very good in a Kings uniform IMO.

Aside from the shooting part of the equation Phillips presents a terrific physical profile for the Kings. At 6'8" with a 7-foot wingspan and excellent energy, quickness and explosion testing out as an elite athlete vs this years combine competition, he's able to guard some SG's and some PF's and of course SF's, he projects as a defensive first guy whos intense. He is old for a freshman, almost 20, but there's obvious upside and he'll continue to strengthen up, though he's probably much more 'wiry strong' than 'rail thin' right now.

n he's on the short list of players we know the kings have worked out.. also just stands to reason he'll go near the top of the 2nd rather than fall, cuz if he was gonna fall he couldve just gone back to school, hit the x-fer portal n got big NIL money again.

Last edited:
I’ve settled with Keyontae Johnson being my favorite pick at #38. Physical 3&D wing who comes in and immediately contributes to an NBA floor.

6’5 238lbs with a 7’0 wingspan.

• Good 3pt shooter
  • Very good rebounder for his size and position
  • Can play guard or forward spots
  • Solid defender
  • Great off-ball player, knows how to cut to the basket and plays above the rim
  • Comfortable with the ball in his hands
He has potential to guard 2-4 depending on the matchup. Solid lateral quickness against SGs, but also knows how to use his frame well against bigger forwards. On offense, he was one of the best catch and shoot players in college last year. I think he immediately fills a role on this team. His primary weaknesses of on-ball quickness and consistent on-ball creation don’t really matter for our current team. If the Kings feel good about his heart and health, he’s an instant plug and play. He’s older at 23-years-old and doesn’t have the upside of other players, but he’ll probably have a really long career in the NBA.

Ok so the International withdrawal deadline is in like 4 hours, we've got some news already. This stuff does affect the Kings 2nd rders.

Nnaji = IN (obviously)

Ousmane N'Daiye = OUT

Mantas Rubastavicius = OUT

Tristan Vukcevic = IN. Givony says he DOESNT want to be stashed in Europe next season and is looking for a team to pay his buyout.

Nadir Hifi = IN, it's said he will be stashed in Europe in Year 1 though. He's a player I'd definitely look to scoop up in the UDFA pool if he goes where he's projected right now, he'd provide nice variety for us at the PG spot in the 3rd string role, IDK to me he's like the Algerian Fred Van Vleet.

Seems like we're still waiting on word about Djurisic, Zvonimir Ivisic, Musa Sagnia and Michael Caicedo all of whom are decently interesting to me as a fit with the Kings.

Last edited:
I’ve settled with Keyontae Johnson being my favorite pick at #38. Physical 3&D wing who comes in and immediately contributes to an NBA floor.

6’5 238lbs with a 7’0 wingspan.

• Good 3pt shooter
  • Very good rebounder for his size and position
  • Can play guard or forward spots
  • Solid defender
  • Great off-ball player, knows how to cut to the basket and plays above the rim
  • Comfortable with the ball in his hands
He has potential to guard 2-4 depending on the matchup. Solid lateral quickness against SGs, but also knows how to use his frame well against bigger forwards. On offense, he was one of the best catch and shoot players in college last year. I think he immediately fills a role on this team. His primary weaknesses of on-ball quickness and consistent on-ball creation don’t really matter for our current team. If the Kings feel good about his heart and health, he’s an instant plug and play. He’s older at 23-years-old and doesn’t have the upside of other players, but he’ll probably have a really long career in the NBA.

It will be interesting to see where he lands, there's really been a big shakeup it seems with the wings around the end of the first rd into the early 2nd since the combine, n it does seem according to some that Keyontae isnt exactly a big winner from all that, I see him projected in the 45-50 range more often now after some of the younger guys made big moves up the board.

I do think he could be damn good for the Kings especially if he can keep honing in that 3pt shot. He's a guy I'd sure hope we got in to workout n get a closer look at cuz while his 3pt %'s were good he didnt exactly shoot a ton of them in this day and age.

Last edited:
Coulibaly moved up from like 22 to #11 on ESPN's best available list last night, far as I can see that was the only move (Kinda surprised to see Ben Sheppard still at 36)

Hows

24 Leonard Miller
38 Ben Sheppard
54 Jazian Gortman

To me this is a draft that would perform better than most would expect. We get a swingman and a tall combo forward who boards well n loves to run n can attack off the dribble from the perimeter, that fits great here, if were gonna go after non-shooting specialist wings ud hope they could drive it and kick it like Miller. Sheppard's shooting adds a nice wrinkle off the bench. Gortman straight to the G-League for big reps and further evaluation, he does represent a high upside swing that late in the draft though, player with two-way potential and long arms n hes tough.

PG - Fox, Mitchell, Monk, TD/Gortman
SG - Huerter, Monk, TD, Sheppard, KM
SF - KM, Barnes, Miller/Sheppard, Edwards
PF - Barnes, KM, Miller, Lyles, Edwards
C - Sabonis, Lyles, Queta, Len, Miller

Last edited:
k Zvonimir Ivisic and Nikola Djurisic have both withdrawn their names.

Immediate reaction here would be this actually might increase Colin Castleton's chances of being selected at 54, if we're looking for a G-League C to replace Queta. I was on the fence with Castleton v Ivisic at 54 tbh but now its a moot point.

I also saw along my travels researching Zvonimir Ivisic, whos 7'2" that he's got a 7" brother the same age named Tomislav, wonder if hes any good.

Last edited: