[2023] Gone But Not Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulitzer Prize winning author of The Road, Blood Meridian, and No Country for Old Men, Cormac McCarthy passed on in his Santa Fe home yesterday at the age of 89.

A writer who crafted prose of poetic brutality and profane beauty.

20 Grammy Awards, 2 Emmys, 50 Million albums sold worldwide, a dizzying amount of other accolades and lifetime achievements, and his immortal voice will forever be the serenade of my beloved San Francisco.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Tony Bennett.

This video is some kind of advertisement for a bank, but it’s among the oldest videos in my favorites from YouTube, when I was feeling especially nostalgic for the City by the Bay.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I remember my cool babysitter took us to see the movie at a sneak preview, I think we saw it in the theater 3 or 4 times. RIP Pee Wee.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
1690924764258.png
I bought this print from the artist's (Sarah Hedlund) etsy shop along with a great John Waters collage about 10 years ago when I moved into my new home after the divorce.

I saw it last night for the first time since the news and it really hits in an entirely new way. Beautiful but sad.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
David LeBatard, aka LEBO, a Cuban-American postmodern "street" artist of some consequence. And yes, as @pdxKingsFan mentioned, he was Dan LeBatard's younger brother. He did a lot of the studio art and imaging for the show.

Occasionally Dan would get him to come in to do a painting and, while he was painting, they would do a bit where they would quiz David by asking him super simple questions about sports teams and famous figures in sports, with the gag being that David was a man who, in his entire lifetime, had "never willingly attended a sporting event," and knew nothing about sports that he hadn't absorbed through shear osmosis. One time, they asked him who the Captain of the Yankees was, and David replied confidently, "Oh! I actually know this one... Eric Jeter!"

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
David LeBatard, aka LEBO, a Cuban-American postmodern "street" artist of some consequence. And yes, as @pdxKingsFan mentioned, he was Dan LeBatard's younger brother. He did a lot of the studio art and imaging for the show.

Occasionally Dan would get him to come in to do a painting and, while he was painting, they would do a bit where they would quiz David by asking him super simple questions about sports teams and famous figures in sports, with the gag being that David was a man who, in his entire lifetime, had "never willingly attended a sporting event," and knew nothing about sports that he hadn't absorbed through shear osmosis. One time, they asked him who the Captain of the Yankees was, and David replied confidently, "Oh! I actually know this one... Eric Jeter!"
Thanks. I don't catch almost any of these podcasts / shows so "random" posts like yours (short nickname, or similar) are just confusing to me - I think it might be someone famous (movie star, singer, etc.) but have absolutely no clue who is being referenced.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Jesus. After all the Schilling drama I didn’t realize he would be gone in days. Guy was there when Clemens was still there and a guy you could just depend on for two decades no matter what. Truly one of the Sox greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.