Kyrie tries to form superteam with Lebron… IN DALLAS?

If the Lakers could get Josh Green, Hardy and the 10th pick back I’d probably do it. Unless they think running it back gives them a legit shot at a title.

Dennis
Reaves Hardy
Hardaway Green
Rui Vandy
AD Max

10th and 18th pick to develop and then the next year they would have some cap space to work with or they could trade AD and do a quick rebuild

I think Kyrie is going to find himself stuck between a rock and a hard place this offseason as he both wants a big money deal AND wants to play for a winner.

Dallas has (rightfully) already stated that they aren't going to help facilitate moving Irving to a different team so it'll come down to signing for an exception to join a current contender or taking the huge deal from the Mavericks. I'd be really surprised if it isn't the latter.

A high usage player like Kyrie next to Luka is already pushing it. If Kyrie is sticking around Dallas, they need to focus on getting more size at all positions and 3 and D players. Not another star.

Luka is a great player and people are forgetting he’s already made a WCF with a roster that didn’t look like a conference finalist on paper:..but you have to build around him very carefully.

Similar to prime Westbrook and Harden. He’s not really “super team” compatible.

A high usage player like Kyrie next to Luka is already pushing it. If Kyrie is sticking around Dallas, they need to focus on getting more size at all positions and 3 and D players. Not another star.

Luka is a great player and people are forgetting he’s already made a WCF with a roster that didn’t look like a conference finalist on paper:..but you have to build around him very carefully.

Similar to Westbrook and Harden. He’s not really “super team” compatible.
I think this exact reason is what makes Domas a really awesome "star partner". He lets Fox be Fox. And not only let's Fox be Fox, but he actively hunts to get everyone else involved in the offense. It's almost to his own detriment that he doesn't look for his shot more. But it certainly makes your offensive team building easier when your 2 stars aren't 30% USG ball dominators.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Lebron doesn't have anything left to prove at this point. Maybe he just takes the year off to watch his boy hoop at SC instead?

Dallas sinking their Doncic find by chasing after Kyrie and Lebron would feel pretty great though so I kindof hope it happens. Webber's knee going out wasn't their fault but on some level I'll always associate the Mavs with the end of the Adelman era because it happened on their court.