We need a bad guy.

We need an enforcer type. We can't let guys run in the paint all cute and hit floaters and easy buckets on us at will. Look to the draft for a tough SOB and we will change the dynamic of this squad. Certainly not a talentless hack but someone that can play a role and isnt afraid to lay someone out.

I’m sure DMC would be happy to put a hard foul on Draymond next year!

We need an enforcer type. We can't let guys run in the paint all cute and hit floaters and easy buckets on us at will. Look to the draft for a tough SOB and we will change the dynamic of this squad. Certainly not a talentless hack but someone that can play a role and isnt afraid to lay someone out.

I agree. People seemed to think that would be Len, but he’s too nice of a guy. If the bucks shake things up, I’d love to see someone like Bobby Portis (or clearly Lopez if he can be had).

If Mike put Davion on Curry, we wouldn't be talking about guy in the paint all cute and hit floaters. That's why I tend to blame this lost on Brown substitution. Barnes shouldn't be out there....Huerter shouldn't be out there.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't think we need a bad guy so much as we need a skilled defender at the PF/C position who isn't afraid of anyone and can impose their will on the game with physicality. Draymond being a grade A jerk isn't what makes him good, it's just something the Warriors have grown to live with because they need what he brings on defense.

Sabonis isn't soft by any means, he's one of the toughest players in the league to take the punishment he's been taking all year and continue playing. He cannot jump over people for rebounds though and Looney can. Thomas Bryant went for 29 and 14 against us in a loss to the Lakers doing basically the same things. Someone has to be able to meet these guys in the air and take it away from them.

Kings lost this series cause hey couldn’t defend Curry & they couldn’t make shots. They didn’t lose cause they couldn’t battle or they didn’t have tough enough guys. Even the rebounding is overblown since I believe Sacramento outrebounded them in the series, at least when they weren’t playing small. Len actually did a great job of beating up the Warriors when he was in - I mean he elbowed Green in the face on a box out for crying out loud, what more do you want? lol.

Fouling Curry and the other guys hard would t do anything special. They just need to play better at basketball.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
We need a guy who is active on the boards and doesn't allow easy baskets but that doesn't mean they need to be a jerk. The main thing is being active. A guy like Len doesn't exactly fit what we do because he can't get up and down the court like Lyles. I am good with bringing back Lyles and using him as the small ball 5 or maybe even giving him more time at the 4, if we also upgrade the 4/5 with this defensive pest player. But I don't want a guy who can run like a gazelle if all they can do is shoot.

The game 7 loss is on the coaching staff and this will probably haunt most of them with the gamble to only let Curry go hot while the rest of GS from Klay to Wiggins continue laying bricks. That seems to be the gamble I could take because Mike and his crew took the Kings back promised land after the agonizing 16 years.
For sure Davion was more than sufficient to counter Steph, one guy called it here by saying that even if Curry was averaging 30 each game, Davion was still doing a heck of defense on him because Curry could easily average 50 each game of this series.
That exhausted Davion meme of Game 5 is more than enough to probably put himself on an all defense starting five next season.

Sabonis will be better next season but we should take another rotation big that could be better than Len and Holmes together. If Dwight Howard could get his act together in Taiwan, he is probably a good gamble. He is now in 3pt contest in Taiwan :p

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I was on this thread when I saw the tweet - which is maybe the greatest Shams tweet ever - and couldn't help but share it.

Kings were mentioned in a list of suitors (along with other first round losers like the Cavs and Wolves plus the Mavs - the latter two who probably just need NBA bodies cheap at this point).

Brooks really is an enigma of a player. Somehow super impactful (during the regular season) but isn't a good shooter, doesn't create for others, isn't really a rebounder. But I think he'd become the best defender on the team, pretty easily.

idk. We have an excellent culture and locker room here. I think you can upgrade this team without throwing a ticking time bomb like Brooks into the mix. Like, go get Okogie for a lot the same skills that Brooks would bring here without the headache.

Would also make me feel a little gross replacing HB with Brooks. HB been nothing but an incredible teammate and he's played extremely well in his tenure here in Sac. We probably need to move on, but it'd be pretty crapty to replace a good Sacramento King and a good guy with a jerk like Brooks.