[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on the follow up. We regress and this season is just the 2020 SFGiants season to me… only thing I remember is who we lost too at the end.

Work to do. Hopefully Monte keeps up the good work and keeps us moving forward.
Looking at how this team fought all season long, and all 7 games toe-to-toe with the defending champ, I doubt they'd allow it to regress.

I'd quit the job if I was Mike Brown and this team started to take it easy in year 2.

I don’t think anyone should take criticism as fans being ungrateful.

1. I’m extremely disappointed in the way we lost game 7.

2. However, I’m also extremely proud of these guys for the special season we’ve had. It’s one for the books and will already be much more memorable than any team we’ve had from 2003 to 2021/2022 for me.
Absolutely. I thought our third quarter was pathetic. It drove me crazy and demoralized me in the moment. But that’s just part of the ride. Still love these guys and it was a great year.

Just would have been so great to finally win the big game at home. The Minnesota, San Antonio and game 5 loss should have reminded me not to get my hopes up for today. Something about that home floor that makes this team play a bit differently and a little softer sometimes and i wish i knew the damn answer.

TD play alright until that boneheaded foul on Klay on 3 and plus 1. That really is the turning point in the game...putting Warriors up by about 10pts. The reason TD don't get much minutes in the Playoffs is lack of consistency in the game...some game he goes off and play well...others he come back to Earth....he's just inconsistent.
Up to Coach to recognise that. He reminds me of Marcus Thornton.

To be fair, this is pretty much the Warriors last hurrah. Draymond's a free agent. Klay wants a new max contract and that Jordan Poole albatross contract pretty much prohibits them from making any additional moves/freeing up the space to bring either of those guys back. Bob Meyers is probably gone this summer to be replaced by their owner's son as GM (literally, Joe Lacob's son is the second in command in the Warriors FO) and Lacob was furious when Meyers traded Wiseman and deviated from the two timelines plan to get Payton this trade deadline.

This is the Warriors' version of the Last Dance.
I agree with this 100%. The warriors won’t win another title, but they deserve another dive into the post season. I’m not gonna excuse how the kings lost. They were the better team and they didn’t perform like it the for the last 2 quarters of game 7. No excuses. But this team seems to be on their way. I am gonna tell new fans who don’t remember the early 2000’s, please don’t tell me to chill out, we’ll be back. I heard the same thing after the lakers cut out our hearts in 2002, and we never made it back. The reason I’m disappointed is because nothing is guaranteed. You gotta take advantage of what’s in front of you and unfortunately the kings blew a pretty golden opportunity. All I can hope for right now is that the kings learn and take advantage of any situation like this next time.

Well, sure. You know getting such players isn't easy, right? Those significant upgrades, if available and wanting to come to Sacramento, would also cost a lot more money and/or assets if acquired thru trade. After this year Huerter himself would cost much more than his current salary if he were a free agent now.
Barnes + Huerter for Zack Levine....LET'S GO!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was wondering how long we could expect to hold up in the playoffs with our two best players having splinted hand injuries. Sabonis's shot loos completely different compared to pre injury; he's shooting it with his injured hand completely off the ball. Oh well, went into a game 7 and now that experience is there.
Yeah the fact that both guys can get their presumable surgeries out of the way NOW rather than in a month or two might actually help this team in the long run. (#silverlinings)

Looking at how this team fought all season long, and all 7 games toe-to-toe with the defending champ, I doubt they'd allow it to regress.

I'd quit the job if I was Mike Brown and this team started to take it easy in year 2.
Again, this is a league of adjustment though as well. Here's the thing, 48 win teams aren't untouchable unless they are so young that you still have cap, development, etc. to rely on. I'm not sure this team is that. Not old, but two max contracts and you're heading into cement. And guess what? Those teams at the deadline WERE RIGHT. Obviously injures and BS played a role but 2 and 3 are gone and 6 and 7 are still there. This conference isn't the same one it was at the start of the year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Barnes + Huerter for Zack Levine....LET'S GO!!
Good lord, are we actually trying to redo the Nick Anderson situation? Lavine's sorta regressed as his athleticism has started to go. He's not bad or anything but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be at this point. (If you want to argue for a year or two of renting DeRozen on the other hand...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Said it before, look at the Warriors, there was a reason they went so hard after Wiggins and KD and Russell. They have built their team to accommodate that and have for a long time. And if you think Klay and Murray on the same plane as ball handlers then I disagree. In terms of his usage Murray was a system guy, the iso stats tell that story as he is missing from them entirely and have told it all year. Can he be more? Certainly. Will his ball handling be night and day next year? Maybe, it's certainly possible.

And as for the last statement, the end of the day is when the story is told. Yes, the Kings need another weapon. So much that Brown rode TD in a CRUCIAL game simply because he was able to generate shots.
I mean, if you think that Rookie!Klay was the same player as Championship!Klay, and that Rookie!Keegan is a finished/close to finished product, I guess this is the take to go with...

Imagine if you were HB having just fought through 7 games, walked off the court and your trade talk immediately begins DURING the post-game-7 chat.

And then these "fans" still dare to turn around and ask you to put 110% effort and bleed for this team.
Yeah, but players don't play for fans. They play for themselves. Always have, always will. Hell, you had Julius Randle flipping his own fans off at one point. Welcome to the NBA. This is a business where people are paid well enough to deal with the pain.

I’m disappointed in the game, but not sad about the season. We weren’t supposed to take it to game 7 against the defending champions to begin with. The team will reflect and hopefully work on what is missing. Mental toughness is a big part of that. If this part of the journey, so be it.

Again, this is a league of adjustment though as well. Here's the thing, 48 win teams aren't untouchable unless they are so young that you still have cap, development, etc. to rely on. I'm not sure this team is that. Not old, but two max contracts and you're heading into cement. And guess what? Those teams at the deadline WERE RIGHT. Obviously injures and BS played a role but 2 and 3 are gone and 6 and 7 are still there. This conference isn't the same one it was at the start of the year.
Just because some adjustments (Lakers in particular) during the deadline were right, that doesn't mean we were "wrong" to stay put.

We weren't supposed to be here. I bet everyone in the GM office knew it would be better to keep this roster instead of making trades knowing full well that this isn't the finished article, but it is still a better move to keep the core intact and let them learn how to fight in the Playoffs.

Who knew it would be the fanbase first to be so entitled to go out with the audacity to think that we should do no wrong in the Playoffs or it'd be a failed season?

He does it on every play. We should just do it back.
Had a debate on this today. My brother in law says they will never call it because he’s not fully extending and our other buddy days they need to look at this like the kick out in a jumper . He’s clearly creating space with it, full extension or not

If Davion plays the whole Game Curry would have got 47 points instead.
Nah, you failed to understand momentum. There is a difference when player having an easy time and getting off and having a hard time because he was being challenge. Steph Curry was not being challenged by Mitchell which allow him to get off and feeling good about himself and now people are going to say he dominated. Of course he dominated because you put players on him that can't guard and you have Sabonis guarding him in pick n roll instead of pressuring him and do other stuffs. Brown strategy is bad in this game imo. I rather play small ball more without Sabonis in the lineup because small ball give the Warriors problem allow Fox and Monk to attack the paint and open up more. Instead Brown choose to play Sabonis more allow Green and Looney to hog the paint...so Fox and Monk can't do anything. You would think Brown learn something about the last game by going small lineup....but he really failed this one. This is one game I regret....it's not about losing...it's more about what the hell is Mike Brown doing with the substitution that upset me.

Davis taking more shots than Murray is criminal
That's one of the main reasons i didn't want him touching the floor after game 6. I knew that would blow his head up a bit and he's just never been the back to back good game kinda guy for us. Love to TD but this was very predictable IMO. SMH

this being swept under the rug because Fox had a couple good games after the injury. His handle is nowhere near the same with the broken finger and his midrange touch hasn’t been there either.
It was interesting in that they did not mention his finger once in the broadcast. People forgot about because he played strong the last two games but clearly has been an issue in all three games. It’s not an excuse but would have been nice if they had acknowledge it at some point to provide some context to the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.