Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

I would like to see the Kings pick up Nic Richards from Charlotte in return for Richaun Holmes. Richards is another Kentucky player and was mentored in Charlotte by Malik Monk. Right now, he is behind Mark Williams on the depth chart. The team needs another big center to help slow down some of the imposing centers in the league, like Embiid.

The Hornets have long been interested in Holmes, and he might have a better chance for success in Charlotte, with a different offensive system. In order to make the trade work, Charlotte would have to throw in Kelly Oubre, one of the worst defenders on the team, but an expiring contract, or Cody Martin (not rumored to be on the trade market).

The Pelicans have discussed Jaxson Hayes, Naji Marshall and Devonte' Graham in preliminary conversations around the league, sources said. Hayes will become a restricted free agent this offseason. Graham still has two years at over $12 million for each season remaining on his contract.
– via Jake Fischer @ Yahoo! Sports

I think Hayes would be a really good fit here for a long list of reasons. The price can't be THAT high either.

Iirc Bamba was your guy that draft right? What have you seen with his NBA game? Decent fit here?
Yup I had Bamba and JJJ over Bagley n even mentioned that I thought Wendell Carter might be better than Bags. After the pick came in I defended it too much but predraft I had Marvin lower than most, lower than 2nd for certain.

While I didnt have the top of the draft in a good order in 2018, I really did have a long list of steals in the late first n 2nd picked out as favorites, I made a huge stink about Anfernee Simons n Mitchell Robinson being insanely, absurdly underrated n that came to pass. I always swore up n down Mitchell Robinson was a lotto talent, n that Simons was easily a lotto pick if he waited another year.

I was a huge Robert Williams fan, I followed him from Houston Hoops like De'Aaron, massive Robert Williams fan.I was moderately upset he fell in that draft, n was completely bewildered by the increasing chances he fell to the 2nd rd. I shoulda had him in the top5, over Bagley, honestly in hindsight. when I first saw Robert Williams he was 6'6 or max 6'7, with the same 7'5 wingspan, he was built like a helicopter. Jared Vanderbilt from Houston Hoops was a player I liked a lot too.

Thats why I kinda much prefer drafts like this year, where we're way out of the lottery and it's more, for lack of a better term, 'dumpster diving'

n also, ya know one last one --- Kevin Huerter.. I was a huge Kevin Huerter believer in that draft. Certainly I was dropping posts calling him my favorite 4-star player in the freshman class. I'm a new yorker, some kid from NY makes team USA basketball's junior squads or even gets a minicamp invite you can best belive I'll know all about em.

As for Mo and this seasons Kings (sry for the tangent)

I still think Mo fits great here. I mean, it's pretty obvious that he'd fit WAY better here than in Orlando where they have this absurd backlog of frontcourt guys. He can really run, his 3pt shot is really not bad, he's plenty capable of blocking shots, you can be damn sure he'll get his hands on and tip balls that no one on our team is currently capable of reaching, that'd really be great here in small spurts far as im concerned, we dont need a starter we need a guy who can give us 15-20 mins n shift matchups. He doesnt turn 25 for a few months, he's right in the window as lots of our core guys.

Brown would be a great coach for Mo. Fox and Sabonis great stars for him to try and play around. If any coach can get "the most" out of him, everyone will stand scratching their heads 'how did we get this player?' Even though Mo's been around its not like his talent has diminished. Orlando has the ROY starting at C, another really good C in Carter and actual PF's, he's just the odd man out there.

Certainly the biggest error in my evaluation on Mo predraft was that he'd be worth drafting to secure for his 2nd contract, and so he's behind schedule. But I mean honestly I'm still vehement that he'd have been better here than Marvin, n Mo is a gregarious personality, he's very likeable and in line with the guys we have here. Players built like Mo have an easier time actually improving their game in their mid 20's than lots of others.

All that being said I do think Jaxson Hayes might be better here. I'm not sure though. If Mo comes here n knocks down his 3's then his upside is greater.

Mo's greatest value to the Kings is as the 5man in an ANTI-SMALLBALL look. You might think "We the kings, we play smallball why do we need an anti-smallball look?" ---- The issue can be seen in the Embiid-less 76ers loss and the Raptors loss, teams with the proper personell (that we'll run into more and more in the playoffs) who can put out a full frontline of strong forwards that hold their ground like pj tucker siakam, scottie barnes, montrezl harrell, tobias harris etc. This is where we unleash Bamba and cross our fingers n say go getem kid -- n if he blocks shots n hits his 3's n gets a lot of dunks everyone looks like a genius..

If u just look at these highlights.. How many bigmen on the planet are capable of having a half like that against Embiid.. what he did in the first half. I'll take him off the bench!

Also just look at how much ground he covers in half a step to get the block on the broken play at 2:40.. thats a lot of space..

Last edited:
If they buy Holmes out, I hope they have a legit plan on acquiring a real backup C. I'm pretty much done with the Metu experiment. He played some solid ball for about a month there but he's reverted back to his old low IQ self lately. Holmes is a much better option than Metu is. There better be a plan in place if the buy out happens.

Bamba would be a nice fit but I think it would be much more wise for Monte to shoot for space this summer unless they could somehow move Holmes in the process. Those 10-14 minutes at backup C aren't worth losing out on the potential to max out this roster talent wise before Domas signs a max. Once that happens, good luck having this kind of potential wiggle room. If Monte makes a push to add something at the deadline, it better be either a blockbuster 3rd star type of trade or an exchange of enders and maybe some 2nds for sweetener.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Bamba would be a nice fit but I think it would be much more wise for Monte to shoot for space this summer unless they could somehow move Holmes in the process. Those 10-14 minutes at backup C aren't worth losing out on the potential to max out this roster talent wise before Domas signs a max. Once that happens, good luck having this kind of potential wiggle room. If Monte makes a push to add something at the deadline, it better be either a blockbuster 3rd star type of trade or an exchange of enders and maybe some 2nds for sweetener.
If we are going to keep Barnes (and possibly Lyles) we're pretty much an MLE team with the ability to move Holmes when he's expiring. So perhaps more than anything what we do at the deadline will tip off where we are going there.

I don't think that we are a finished product by any means, but it would be best imho to plan as if we are already above the cap and so if we are going to let anything go we should make sure we don't harm our ability to operate above the cap in the process.

If we are going to keep Barnes (and possibly Lyles) we're pretty much an MLE team with the ability to move Holmes when he's expiring. So perhaps more than anything what we do at the deadline will tip off where we are going there.

I don't think that we are a finished product by any means, but it would be best imho to plan as if we are already above the cap and so if we are going to let anything go we should make sure we don't harm our ability to operate above the cap in the process.
Lyles I think and Metu are chopping block options if it means less versatility. It highly depends on the salary level for Lyles to be a high value buy IMO. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. It's also not just about FA, trades taking in salary can be very valuable. The Barnes trade to Sac showed how saving even a little bit of space can matter. This is why it's so important to shed some of Holmes deal though. They need it.

OG Anunoby

for

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell
2026 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
2028 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)

I think we'd have to talk to ATL about making the 2024 1st unprotected first (maybe a side deal to free that up?) but this seems like a solid trade for us that would address some big issues we have (frontcourt size/length and defense).

I love the idea of having two movement shooters (Huerter & Murray) and a solid floor spacer (Anunoby) next to Fox and Sabonis. Defensively, having an all-defensive caliber player (Anunoby) inserted into the starting lineup would definitely help our bottom ten defensive team. I also love the idea of being able to move Barnes to the bench, give Monk the backup PG duties, and free up minutes for Davis. I think a Barnes-Monk-Davis-Lyles bench would be excellent.

PG - Fox / Monk / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Davis
SF - Murray / Barnes / Okpala
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Metu / Len

In the offseason, we'd be able to resign Barnes, Davis, & Lyles, draft someone with our 2023 1st, and use our exception on a solid backup C...

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / FA C
2023 Picks - SAC 1st / SAC 2nd / IND 2nd

OG Anunoby

for

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell
2026 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
2028 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)

I think we'd have to talk to ATL about making the 2024 1st unprotected first (maybe a side deal to free that up?) but this seems like a solid trade for us that would address some big issues we have (frontcourt size/length and defense).

I love the idea of having two movement shooters (Huerter & Murray) and a solid floor spacer (Anunoby) next to Fox and Sabonis. Defensively, having an all-defensive caliber player (Anunoby) inserted into the starting lineup would definitely help our bottom ten defensive team. I also love the idea of being able to move Barnes to the bench, give Monk the backup PG duties, and free up minutes for Davis. I think a Barnes-Monk-Davis-Lyles bench would be excellent.

PG - Fox / Monk / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Metu / Len

In the offseason, we'd be able to resign Barnes, Davis, & Lyles, draft someone with our 2023 1st, and use our exception on a solid backup C...

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / FA C
2023 Picks - SAC 1st / SAC 2nd / IND 2nd
I do think Toronto should consider trading OG but they really need shooting around Barnes Siakam and Achiuwa (he looks like he is ready to start). Davion could be a solid starter to replace Vleet but that would give them very little shooting in that unit. KVon would make more sense for them. Have to wonder if New Orleans or Memphis cash in their chips

I do think Toronto should consider trading OG but they really need shooting around Barnes Siakam and Achiuwa (he looks like he is ready to start). Davion could be a solid starter to replace Vleet but that would give them very little shooting in that unit. KVon would make more sense for them. Have to wonder if New Orleans or Memphis cash in their chips
I’d think if they are trading Anunoby, they will soon be trading VanVleet, Trent, and Siakam in an effort to reshape the roster around Barnes

I’d think if they are trading Anunoby, they will soon be trading VanVleet, Trent, and Siakam in an effort to reshape the roster around Barnes
they might but I don’t know if we have seen enough to think Barnes is a future top 10-15 player. He can’t shoot yet and his defense has not been as advertised. Hard to move on from prime Siakam. If I were them I’d trade Fred, OG and Trent. Go get some shooting. Now you have probably three or four first rounders to swing a big trade plus they would have a relatively high pick in this draft.

they might but I don’t know if we have seen enough to think Barnes is a future top 10-15 player. He can’t shoot yet and his defense has not been as advertised. Hard to move on from prime Siakam. If I were them I’d trade Fred, OG and Trent. Go get some shooting. Now you have probably three or four first rounders to swing a big trade plus they would have a relatively high pick in this draft.
Yeah Scottie has really stalled on his progression this season or maybe even taken a minor step-back in terms of his production. Certainly not what TOR was hoping for after it looked like he'd be the next great wing in the NBA. The playmaking/defense is still extremely nice, but I don't think there's a playoff #1 option in his future with the scoring. More Draymond type than a KD/Tatum.

If I were them I'd stack as many assets as possible with Trent/Siakam/FVV/Boucher all heading out and go into a mini-rebuild with OG/Barnes already solidified at the 3/4.

If we could trade him for something like TD and a second for Thybulle, that would be great. Would make sense as to why TD got minutes tonight.

Thybulle is like an elite version of KZ lol. Two time All-NBA Defensive team player is always welcome in Sacramento. He could give us some versatility and provide something of an option for tough matchups. Could potentiallyyyy hide him offensively for stretches in a Fox-SG-Thybulle-Keegan-Lyles small ball lineup at times if needed.