[WBB] Comments that don't warrant their own thread 2022-??

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Becky Hammon is making her head coaching debut tonight against Phoenix's Vanessa Nygard. Excluding the WNBA's inaugural season in 1997, this is only the third time in league history that a rookie head coach is making their debut against another rookie head coach.

Through three quarters, Hammon's Aces are beating the dog**** out of Nygards's Mercury.

Becky Hammon is making her head coaching debut tonight against Phoenix's Vanessa Nygard. Excluding the WNBA's inaugural season in 1997, this is only the third time in league history that a rookie head coach is making their debut against another rookie head coach.

Through three quarters, Hammon's Aces are beating the dog**** out of Nygards's Mercury.
Vanessa Nygaard was an incredible collegiate athlete. She was so much fun to watch during her time as a Stanford Cardinal. I actually thought for sure that her game would have transitioned over to the professional scene, but she was never able to get it going, and injuries played a huge part in that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Shout out to Jackie Young, the former #1 overall draft pick in 2019, for scoring her 1000th career point in Las Vegas' blowout win over the Los Angeles Sparks last night. It's noteworthy in that Young is the first player who was born after the league began play in 1997 to score 1000 points in the WNBA... So that'll probably be a Jeopardy question someday.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I just don't understand it. I remember Krista Blunk calling Monarchs games with Kozimor, and now I hear her calling Aces games with Carolyn Peck, and I'm like, "Was Kozimor carrying her, that whole time? Did covering the Pac-12 make her sorry? What the hell happened?"

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Louisiana State is a team that I would have rooted for in this game, had their head coach not been Kim Mulkey.

Oh well. Such is life.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Indeed it does! As a camera guy though I'm already gritting my teeth in anticipation of the decade plus of superfluous FPV drone cam footage we're about to be inundated with by advertisers and action movie directors. This is going to be worse than the post-Matrix bullet time boom because it costs like 1/100 of what that technology cost.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Indeed it does! As a camera guy though I'm already gritting my teeth in anticipation of the decade plus of superfluous FPV drone cam footage we're about to be inundated with by advertisers and action movie directors. This is going to be worse than the post-Matrix bullet time boom because it costs like 1/100 of what that technology cost.
At least the facility was empty: a couple weeks ago, WWE used that technology to buzz through a crowded arena. It was giving me anxiety, just watching on TV.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
At least the facility was empty: a couple weeks ago, WWE used that technology to buzz through a crowded arena. It was giving me anxiety, just watching on TV.
I'm sure they must have some kind of safety redundancy for crowds so nobody ends up in the hospital if there's a crash or malfunction but if it's a live shot I don't know what that would be.