[Game] Kings @ Clippers, 12/03/2022 1pm Pacific 4pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at home when you have the game MVP or just someone who had a career night or whatever press the button is the coolest thing. It's like the Timbers getting a log slice for each goal they score (those who are vaguely aware but not all the way aware, at the end of the game they line all the slabs up and present them to each player who scored to mass applause), it may be hokey but it's a huge way to show some pride and get the fans to give extra appreciation. It's like a game ball but way cooler.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think at home when you have the game MVP or just someone who had a career night or whatever press the button is the coolest thing. It's like the Timbers getting a log slice for each goal they score (those who are vaguely aware but not all the way aware, at the end of the game they line all the slabs up and present them to each player who scored to mass applause), it may be hokey but it's a huge way to show some pride and get the fans to give extra appreciation. It's like a game ball but way cooler.
OK, so here's an idea:

For road games, as long as G1C is idle, the Kings should host a group of fans (selected from season ticket holders, or some contest) in a catered suite to watch the game on TV, and if the Kings win, those fans get to light the beam. Would be excellent PR.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
When I lived in LA Clippers was always the away team game.
This was still true last season. There's a lot of transplants in LA who still root for their home teams and they all go to Clippers games to do it cause they're cheaper than Lakers games. I also realized the one time I did go to a Lakers-Kings game at Staples that I just paid money to watch the Lakers *barf* win a game on their home court. I won't make that mistake again!

Rewatching the game and I'm coming away extremely impressed with KZ in his first half stint. The Clippers historically have been such a rough match-up for us because they're so long on the wings and he REALLY helped bridge that gap on defense. Just so few guys are actually 1-5 switchable and I think KZ actually can do it. It's just consistently great ball-pressure vs pretty much whoever he's guarding and a good contest on the shot.

I'm not sure what his actual upside is as a player, but he's certainly with continuing to develop this year. There's absolutely potential for some seriously valuable tools that we currently don't have on the team.

Rewatching the game and I'm coming away extremely impressed with KZ in his first half stint. The Clippers historically have been such a rough match-up for us because they're so long on the wings and he REALLY helped bridge that gap on defense. Just so few guys are actually 1-5 switchable and I think KZ actually can do it. It's just consistently great ball-pressure vs pretty much whoever he's guarding and a good contest on the shot.

I'm not sure what his actual upside is as a player, but he's certainly with continuing to develop this year. There's absolutely potential for some seriously valuable tools that we currently don't have on the team.
He actually has a pretty good looking shooting stroke and looks like he could shoot 80% from the line in a larger sample. I think he's capable of becoming an improved offensive player, if given the chance to gain some more confidence in his shot.

I'd keep playing him, even if not an automatic rotation player all the time at this point

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I think Brown is getting the max out of players like Metu and KZ. Both of them have been important in Kings victories because of their length and athleticism. They aren't going to make people forget Siakam, but on a team with this firepower they just have to do their jobs and play D, rebound, and make the occasional shot when needed. And while I'm on the subject, Brown has "activated" TD to the point where he's making some beautiful passes off the dribble. Before the season I could have imagined TD having a good shooting role on this team, but not making others better by beautiful passes off the dribble. It sure makes a difference when you have a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.