[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/28/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pacers have two more wins than the Kings with a much easier schedule and are somehow destined for greatness. Oi vey
True, but long term they're building around stud G's. Hali and especially Mathurin. That's where to put your stock right now. Now short term, the Kings have more tools overall.

Kings are going to have a hard time winning when playing team defense like that, when Fox fails to show up, and when the refs swallow their whistles every single time Domas has the ball in his hands. The guy gets clobbered out there constantly and he didn't earn a single free throw attempt for his troubles tonight.

That said, they were in it until the final possessions of the game against the current front runner in the west. This remains a competitive team in spite of their recent struggles. Hopefully everyone can pull in the same direction with a bit more consistency in the next few games.
Yea you gotta feel for Domas with the amount of abuse hes been taking. At this pt I'm kind of resigned to them not calling anything for him. Unfortunately, though that will lead to a higher likelihood of him getting injured.

The Pacers have two more wins than the Kings with a much easier schedule and are somehow destined for greatness. Oi vey
No one said anything about greatness. Pacers were expected to win less than 30 games all season and be one of the worst teams in the league. They’ve exceeded what everyone was projecting them to be, and the primary reason is Hali. The bigger point is he’s making a major contribution for them, and Sabonis is making a big contribution for us. We decided to build around Fox, and it’s games like these (that we’ve seen each of his 5 seasons) that frustrates the hell out of us

We’ll know much more real soon.
Guy is leading league in assist at the most important position in the league in his 3rd year with a rookie who could be rookie of the year and they ask who is in better position? No way the Pacers have a better cast of players than the kings yet they have a better record. I wanted to keep fox over Hali. But I may have been wrong. Fox is the more talented of the two but that doesn't mean he's the better piece. I could see Hali winning a championship before fox. Dare anyone to challenge that

No one said anything about greatness. Pacers were expected to win less than 30 games all season and be one of the worst teams in the league. They’ve exceeded what everyone was projecting them to be, and the primary reason is Hali. The bigger point is he’s making a major contribution for them, and Sabonis is making a big contribution for us. We decided to build around Fox, and it’s games like these (that we’ve seen each of his 5 seasons) that frustrates the hell out of us
we were projected to win 33 games. We have exceeded expectations. We have had a tougher schedule. Fox has been a primary reason for our success. We just got done winning 7 games in a row. The nba is a league of winning and losing streaks and even the best teams lose more than a third of their games.

we were projected to win 33 games. We have exceeded expectations. We have had a tougher schedule. Fox has been a primary reason for our success. We just got done winning 7 games in a row. The nba is a league of winning and losing streaks and even the best teams lose more than a third of their games.
You are missing the point, which is Fox for stretches at a time (and this is a consistent theme in his entire career) looks complacent and lacks the leadership to pull us out of ruts. Maybe it’s just not in him and Brown recognizes that, but it’s a damn shame since we see the hunger every night in Hali

You are missing the point, which is Fox for stretches at a time (and this is a consistent theme in his entire career) looks complacent and lacks the leadership to pull us out of ruts. Maybe it’s just not in him and Brown recognizes that, but it’s a damn shame since we see the hunger every night in Hali
I feel like monte would have kept haliburton instead of fox... but because Fox was already on a big contract he was probably a lot harder to trade especially coming off a subpar year with a big contract

Last edited:
Im not missing the point. Fox has pulled us out of ruts several times this season. Yes he can be inconsistent at times but he’s had maybe 4 bad games this whole season. He didn’t play well tonight but I think at the end Brown decided to ride the hot hand with Monk and Davion was doing his best to disrupt Book. I personally think he has an injury as his shots were short and the camera showed him hobble to the bench at one point.

Im not missing the point. Fox has pulled us out of ruts several times this season. Yes he can be inconsistent at times but he’s had maybe 4 bad games this whole season. He didn’t play well tonight but I think at the end Brown decided to ride the hot hand with Monk and Davion was doing his best to disrupt Book. I personally think he has an injury as his shots were short and the camera showed him hobble to the bench at one point.
Watch Brown’s press conference. A reporter asked if Fox was injured, and he pretty much downplayed it and said everyone is going through aches and pains right now. I’m paraphrasing but he essentially said if he wants to be a “#1” he’s got to start acting like one and step up on both sides of the floor. I’ve heard this a few times from Brown where he says he keeps pushing him to bring it every night. He shouldn’t have to do that with our superstar who’s been around for 6 years

Fox didn't have a great game. I thought he should attack the basket more...there is nobody in the world that can stop him from penetrating any time he want due to his quickness. If Booker make you pay for his shooting touches, then Fox should make them pay for their inability to guard inside the paint and keep drawing foul and go to the line.
Suns have the league’s 5th best defense at limiting points in the paint.

Right lol imagine if we played in the East or had the cupcake schedule the Lakers always seem to get before the second half of the season, having played the spurs 3 times already. Must be nice!
Enough with comparing schedules. We’ve also been one of the healthiest teams. A true test for the team is how we respond if/when Fox or Sabonis need to sit out like most teams have already had to deal with

Enough with comparing schedules. We’ve also been one of the healthiest teams. A true test for the team is how we respond if/when Fox or Sabonis need to sit out like most teams have already had to deal with
Because it's inconvenient for your argument? The hand-wringing over Haliburton's strong play is a bit out of control in this thread. Those supportive of the trade aren't coming out of the woodwork when Hali has a less-than-stellar game (and believe it or not, he actually has had a couple of clunkers this season, just like Fox... *gasp*). Even star talents have off-games from time to time. It happens. The Kings just played the best team in the west to the wire despite Fox not playing well. They're competitive night in and night out. They look like an up-and-coming playoff team that needs to work out some kinks still. Hardly surprising less than a quarter of the way through the season with a brand new coaching staff and a revamped roster in a conference that's an absolute gauntlet.

Because it's inconvenient for your argument? The hand-wringing over Haliburton's strong play is a bit out of control in this thread. Those supportive of the trade aren't coming out of the woodwork when Hali has a less-than-stellar game (and believe it or not, he actually has had a couple of clunkers this season, just like Fox... *gasp*). Even star talents have off-games from time to time. It happens. The Kings just played the best team in the west to the wire despite Fox not playing well. They're competitive night in and night out. They look like an up-and-coming playoff team that needs to work out some kinks still. Hardly surprising less than a quarter of the way through the season with a brand new coaching staff and a revamped roster in a conference that's an absolute gauntlet.
What argument am I making about the schedule? All I’m saying is a big part of our success is the fact that we’ve played mostly full strength i.e. Sabonis and Fox have played almost every single game. Yes, I’m acknowledging we’re playing at a high level but I can also call out Fox when he has his duds (which happens far too often for our star which I will debate you if you don’t think happens more to him than any all star). And I can also call out his deficiency which is on court leadership. Even Brown called him out on in last night after the game ‍♂️

For those still calling out our strength of schedule, I hope you’re also realizing the fact that we’ve beaten these teams without one of their stars (and this is just on the 7 game streak):

Grizzlies - no Bane
Pistons - no Cade
Lakers - no LJ
Nets - no Kyrie

What argument am I making about the schedule? All I’m saying is a big part of our success is the fact that we’ve played mostly full strength i.e. Sabonis and Fox have played almost every single game. Yes, I’m acknowledging we’re playing at a high level but I can also call out Fox when he has his duds (which happens far too often for our star which I will debate you if you don’t think happens more to him than any all star). And I can also call out his deficiency which is on court leadership. Even Brown called him out on in last night after the game ‍♂️

For those still calling out our strength of schedule, I hope you’re also realizing the fact that we’ve beaten these teams without one of their stars (and this is just on the 7 game streak):

Grizzlies - no Bane
Pistons - no Cade
Lakers - no LJ
Nets - no Kyrie
I think the issue some of us have with the criticisms flying around right now isn’t so much that they are invalid but that they are without balance. A quick snapshot of your last 20 posts show 75 percent of them are direct criticisms of the team or a player and very few if any of them are positive. That can be a bit of a drag.

I can respect and even enjoy a debate with posters I may disagree with but sprinkling in a little positivity on what is supposed to be a fan forum goes a long way in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think the issue some of us have with the criticisms flying around right now aren’t so much that they are invalid but that they are without balance. A quick snapshot of your last 20 posts show 75 percent of them are direct criticisms of the team or a player and very few if any of them are positive. That can be a bit of a drag.

I can respect and even enjoy a debate with posters I may disagree with but sprinkling in a little positivity on what is supposed to be a fan forum goes a long way in my opinion.
Look I love the team. I think Fox is an all-world talent. I have his jersey and was hoping he would fall to us in the draft (and not Lonzo). Sabonis is one of the best big men in the game, and I love the shooting and energy Huerter and Monk bring to the team. All the pieces are working well nicely.

I like every fan out there wants the Kings to succeed. But the forum is also a way for me to vocalize my opinions on what we need to do to finally break the streak. And as much as I think Brown will take us there this year, I firmly believe a big part of the equation is Fox bringing it every single night

dude12

Hall of Famer
The Fox hand wringing is just dumb. Many reasons for the current losing streak but a major one is the hot 3 point shooting from Huerter has disappeared as well as Murray not knocking them down, etc. it will all even out at some point.

The Fox hand wringing is just dumb. Many reasons for the current losing streak but a major one is the hot 3 point shooting from Huerter has disappeared as well as Murray not knocking them down, etc. it will all even out at some point.
Yeah they lost to 2 of the top 3 records in basketball. It's not the end of the world. They're still in 7th. Players are still putting in effort. Brown is still coaching the hell out of them. World is still spinning.

Yeah they lost to 2 of the top 3 records in basketball. It's not the end of the world. They're still in 7th. Players are still putting in effort. Brown is still coaching the hell out of them. World is still spinning.
I've kept quiet and taking it all in. There is complaining, but the complaining is about losing a close game to a top team. When that's put in perspective, there has been obvious progress for the franchise.

I've kept quiet and taking it all in. There is complaining, but the complaining is about losing a close game to a top team. When that's put in perspective, there has been obvious progress for the franchise.
Yeah at this point I'm just in wait and see mode. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished 5th or 11th. Just like it wouldn't surprise me if Murray went 0-10 or 10-10 next game. Nothing is predictable at the moment other than the Kings seem to have a solid coach, more options on offense and a lot of work to do on defense.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Getting ATL on the second night of a back-to-back, only to have the makeup game be against Boston was pretty damn brutal.
You know that would be bad in and of itself, but consider on top of that it was a trip to Memphis from Sac, they then went to an earlier time zone and tipped off in ATL less than 24 hours later. Then Boston. That's brutal on any Pacific based team. BUT THEY MADE THEM DO THIS OVER THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY FFS.

That's no respect.

Kings got a #4 pick n traded away a future first. All that capital deployed and you’d think they‘d at least try to address the layup line that has been an issue for yrs. All the while, some super tanking team is going to see their franchise value jump a half billy overnight when they grab the next generational talent this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.