[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/28/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave themselves a chance to win at the end against the best team in the conference. Isn't that professional? They played Boston even until a crazy hot streak initiated by Tatum and 4 of their bench players broke the game open. Even while losing this looks like a playoff team. The defense needs work obviously, but nobody goes from 4th pick in the draft to best team in the NBA in a few months.
It's easy to forget, but we're 19 games into year 1 under Mike Brown with an entirely new rotation from the beginning of last season. I know fans don't want patience, but... I think there has to be a realistic expectation for a team with history as bad as ours and learning how to be a successful winning franchise long-term.

Indy taken some lumps too. About to lose to Lakers.

*Edit* Looks like they stole it on a buzzer beater. Nevertheless. Kings should take care of business on Wednesday

Domas should probably have a big game since bigs are eating against Indiana. Fox should be just as motivated as Hali. Huerter due to start hitting some threes. Kings are at home. Indiana will be 3rd game on a 4th night(though so was Phoenix tonight). Barnes too might have a game since he’s had 3 duds in row.

If the Kings lose to a Indiana, i will be upset just because they lost to Indiana at home when a win is needed…even before you take the Haliburton factor into account.

they should win that game

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I see it differently, if Barnes and Mitchell have better nights offensively, the game is down to the wire. Just enough of the main rotation had a poor outing offensively to get nipped.
If Huerter goes 2-5 from three, that makes up the final margin. No excuses, we got beat, but we were in this one. We knew it was going to be tough, and we didn't get enough stops. Doesn't mean all of a sudden we're going to be stuck in the lottery again. January and February are a schedule opportunity for us to feast. If we can grow and coalesce as a team, get our defense shored up, and get out of December right around .500, we're in good shape.

For all the "calm downs" and "let's not jump off the bridge" posts, it doesn't seem like there are too many people ready with their pitchforks just yet. Seems more like an intervention where there is one dude upset and a group of supportive folk sitting in a circle telling him to hush.

... Then maybe another dude standing by himself talking about pick and roll.

You know what team that was built overnight? The pacers. With our players. And guess what they just caught up in the race. Nba teams do not get built with Pacience. There are 10 players and one great player makes all the difference. We need fox to be great. He's paid to be great and he needs to be great. And Murray needs to play like thr 4th pick of the draft. That's how we win. Not patience

For all the "calm downs" and "let's not jump off the bridge" posts, it doesn't seem like there are too many people ready with their pitchforks just yet. Seems more like an intervention where there is one dude upset and a group of supportive folk sitting in a circle telling him to hush.

Hahaha, I'm all for pitchforks if you have a substantial reason for it. The pick and roll coverage is very much leaning towards eventual pitchforkage at this point. Bet money on that. lol.

You know what team that was built overnight? The pacers. With our players. And guess what they just caught up in the race. Nba teams do not get built with Pacience. There are 10 players and one great player makes all the difference. We need fox to be great. He's paid to be great and he needs to be great. And Murray needs to play like thr 4th pick of the draft. That's how we win. Not patience
Eh, still early though. Don't get too high on the streaks, get really low on the faults and then build from that if you're a team like the Pacers or Kings. Truth is though, the Pacers are very much better off in terms of long term growth. The Kings have two "young" players and they are both knocking on the door of their mid 20's. One is a stretch 4 and the other is a small combo G. Can't really build around that. But yes, the time is now for this squad. Get the kinks worked out and this team is going to be legit. Those flashes during the streak were enough to see it. Teams being surprised has worn off a bit, now it's the time to get consistent and make it real.

Oh come on! We've been patient for 16 years.. 1 more year is nothing lol

Pacers just came back from 17 down. Hali with the assist for the game winning 3
Saw that too. That guy is cold-blooded under pressure.. just like fox. (I'm not going to let a few losses erase what he showed earlier in the season.)

You could tell the pacers calmed down when Hali reentered the game. That's definitely something that should happen with your star player that unfortunately we didn't see here in Sac tonight. For whatever reason, Fox didn't take over at the end like he did during the winning streak.

Last edited:
Kings are going to have a hard time winning when playing team defense like that, when Fox fails to show up, and when the refs swallow their whistles every single time Domas has the ball in his hands. The guy gets clobbered out there constantly and he didn't earn a single free throw attempt for his troubles tonight.

That said, they were in it until the final possessions of the game against the current front runner in the west. This remains a competitive team in spite of their recent struggles. Hopefully everyone can pull in the same direction with a bit more consistency in the next few games.

Eh, still early though. Don't get too high on the streaks, get really low on the faults and then build from that if you're a team like the Pacers or Kings. Truth is though, the Pacers are very much better off in terms of long term growth. The Kings have two "young" players and they are both knocking on the door of their mid 20's. One is a stretch 4 and the other is a small combo G. Can't really build around that. But yes, the time is now for this squad. Get the kinks worked out and this team is going to be legit. Those flashes during the streak were enough to see it. Teams being surprised has worn off a bit, now it's the time to get consistent and make it real.
Thing is, teams where ready at beginning of year. We had some hype for some reason. Start off 0-4. Teams lax and we go on a beautiful streak. Teams get wise and we go on a losing streak. That tells me we have the talent but we cant handle success. We don't have the competitive edge each night. Domas brings it. I never worry if he's gonna play with heart or not. Good game bad game he still there. Fox man, he's pron most frustrating player I've ever rooted for next to buddy. It's like jeckle and Hyde. I don't know what I'm getting and it's frustrating. No excuse for fox not to have 10 fts a game. He is every bit as talented as Ja with half the heart. Freakin tin man 50% of the time

This Kings roster is missing a tall dude that can block shots and rebound and basically intimidate in the paint. As much as how great Sabonis is, he isn't tall and sometimes can overwhelm by taller guys. Murry hasn't developed into the kind of guy that can outmuscle/outwork people inside. Barnes isn't tall as well and although play fundamental, can have a tough time outjump taller guys. What I am saying is...it can be tough to win in close game because of this disadvantages.

This Kings roster is missing a tall dude that can block shots and rebound and basically intimidate in the paint. As much as how great Sabonis is, he isn't tall and sometimes can overwhelm by taller guys. Murry hasn't developed into the kind of guy that can outmuscle/outwork people inside. Barnes isn't tall as well and although play fundamental, can have a tough time outjump taller guys. What I am saying is...it can be tough to win in close game because of this disadvantages.
We have Len, but I guess Brown doesn't like what he sees. I think Noel would be a good match to give us 10-15 mins per night. He's basically expiring and can have it cheap.

Why not Quinta? Did we really draft him for our G league? Or give cousins a try

Fox didn't have a great game. I thought he should attack the basket more...there is nobody in the world that can stop him from penetrating any time he want due to his quickness. If Booker make you pay for his shooting touches, then Fox should make them pay for their inability to guard inside the paint and keep drawing foul and go to the line.

Fox didn't have a great game. I thought he should attack the basket more...there is nobody in the world that can stop him from penetrating any time he want due to his quickness. If Booker make you pay for his shooting touches, then Fox should make them pay for their inability to guard inside the paint and keep drawing foul and go to the line.
See how booker attacked all game. He was relentless. Miss a shot so what he was shooting or play making next drive. When a coach benches there star for a whole quarter then he isn't a star. Maybe he's injured or something. But it'd blatantly obvious when fox is fox the Star and fox the role player. You can see it in his deminor he wears it on his sleeve.

Thing is, teams where ready at beginning of year. We had some hype for some reason. Start off 0-4. Teams lax and we go on a beautiful streak. Teams get wise and we go on a losing streak. That tells me we have the talent but we are losers. We don't have the competitive edge each night. Domas brings it. I never worry if he's gonna play with heart or not. Good game bad game he still there. Fox man, he's pron most frustrating player I've ever rooted for next to buddy. It's like jeckle and Hyde. I don't know what I'm getting and it's frustrating. No excuse for fox not to have 10 fts a game. He is every bit as talented as Ja with half the heart. Freakin tin man 50% of the time
I mentioned it before, Fox is not a natural leader. Hali on the other hand is already showing signs of being an elite field general. He leads the league in assists in his 3rd year, is winning with Hield, Turner (who doesn’t want to even be on the team), a bunch of role players and some really good rooks who he makes sure to get involved. It just feels like you need the right pieces around Fox to win consistently as he has proven after 5 years he will disappear for stretches, and his teammates need to pick him up.

LMAO

A damn 16 year playoff-less streak doesn’t change over night. Look how far we’ve come in 19 games with NEW COACHING AND NEW SYSTEMS. like cmon people. It’s so irritating reading some of the dumb crap some of y’all say.

I for one am super excited to watch this season play out.

carry on
How long have you been a fan?

I’m just curious cause you’re gonna have the nerve to crap on people who are questioning a team that hasn’t been in the playoffs in 16 years? This franchise non playoff streak leads ALL OF SPORTS. This franchise has worked hard for this type of ineptitude. You’re actually gonna puff your chest over a small winning streak at the beginning of the season? Do you know how many times most of us have seen this and then the wheels come off?

I'll say this about brown tho. I'm very happy with the hire. He will fix it. I believe in the guy. I believe he sees what we all see. He's made a change every time I've noticed something. From benching Holmes to starting Murray to hopefully cutting Murray pt until he get right. I trust the guy to get Fox right. If he can't nobody can.

How long have you been a fan?
Hes prob 16 years old lol. Another year is nothing to him. I for one would like to see kings win before I die, and I'm only 37, in 16 more years I'll be freakin 53. Is that enough time for you? I don't like wasting years on anything.

Being a kings and raider fan has made me very impatient

Last edited:
Thing is, teams where ready at beginning of year. We had some hype for some reason. Start off 0-4. Teams lax and we go on a beautiful streak. Teams get wise and we go on a losing streak. That tells me we have the talent but we are losers. We don't have the competitive edge each night. Domas brings it. I never worry if he's gonna play with heart or not. Good game bad game he still there. Fox man, he's pron most frustrating player I've ever rooted for next to buddy. It's like jeckle and Hyde. I don't know what I'm getting and it's frustrating. No excuse for fox not to have 10 fts a game. He is every bit as talented as Ja with half the heart. Freakin tin man 50% of the time
If Fox is the one making the call to stash himself off the ball, then that is an issue. Players will have ups and downs, but it's clear, he's the teams only option to consistently generate good shots whether for himself or others. One player on this squad can get a defense on a string and it's him. For better or worse it is what it is and it has been years of this with no clear cut 2nd option type to help. Bagley fizzled and that really hurt because he was probably the best shot. Domas? Nope, he's not an iso guy. Monk? Here and there, but he's a chaos player so you're playing with fire also. Barnes can from time to time but there's enough concrete history on him he's a better 3rd option type. Murray? Nah. Although he's probably the teams best long term option production wise but his usage will have to do a 180 and so will his output for that matter. This is why it's going to flat out come down to the man sitting in the coaching seat. The margin for error on a team with 3 superstars is totally different than this one. This team has one of those types. That's it. Now, the positive is what Monte has built is a super deep team. A team that every night not only likely has to see 25 out of Fox but can and needs to see double digit output from 4-5 other players at the same time.

Defensively is where this team is what it is for sure. They aren't stacked with wing versatility, athletic ability, or length on the perimeter.. That's why refining that end of the floor into a pressure, up high attack, perimeter oriented defense is crucial. And the truth is that might not even work. Better to find out now because then it's a personnel issue that Monte will have to address. Or that's when refining that offensive end is the answer. This could very well be a team whose best defense is a great offense. That means absolutely they have to keep going to the well when it's open. No more playing around on that end at all. You take what the defense gives you. If they take away your passing lanes, move away from the DHO and cutting and put them into more two man game focused on getting shots at the rim, or shots on the draw and kick. That streak soaked in the goodness of draw and kick and drive and dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.