[Game] Shriek-ramento Kings @ Charlotte Horror-nets 10/31/2022 4pm Western, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all...great comeback win tonight without our "star." I'm happy about that. Not to keep harping on Holmes, but what the hell is going on with him? He can't even set a legal screen anymore. He costs us like 3-4 possessions a game with his dumb decisions. What happened to him??
Holmes was never a great screener. Even on pick and roll. Having him set these pin downs and off ball screens and all that isn't his game. Sabonis can do it but until the Kings get some timing down he's also going to keep picking up these illegal ones.

No one can tell me PJ wouldn't be beyond perfect at the 4 for this team. Just everything about his game would be so complimentary around the other 4.
PJ has a decent handle but that puts a lot of pressure on Keegan to up his guard skill. Keegan has a pretty shaky handle when pressure comes. They're asking Barnes to be that 2nd collapse guy and drive to dish back out, which should be what Fox/Sabonis are doing but it is what it is.

Sabonis averaged 3.3 fouls per36 during his last two years in Indy.

Last year for the Kings he averaged 4.1 and this year it's 5.5.

It's the refs bias against the Kings. The game didn't start to turn around until the whistles stopped screwing us over.
I also think not having a rim protector to help with straight line drives and playing some of the strongest centers in the game to start the season hasn’t helped. I do agree he has had some bad calls against him though and then had some frustration fouls to top it all off

First of all...great comeback win tonight without our "star." I'm happy about that. Not to keep harping on Holmes, but what the hell is going on with him? He can't even set a legal screen anymore. He costs us like 3-4 possessions a game with his dumb decisions. What happened to him??
Obviously the eye injuries and personal troubles interrupted his flow big time last year. But I think Hali and Buddy's departure also ready hurt him; they might have been the team leaders in getting Richaun the ball in his shot push spot - and we know that Tyrese and Holmes ran a VErY ince two-man game. Nobody misses Tyrese more than Holmes, I suspect.

And then it just can't be easy to go from starter to bench and have your minutes cut in half. His shot attempts have been cut by more than half, and he was never exactly a gunner.

All that said, waaaay too early to write him off.

He tried to come back out and play before going back out. He was limping but it didn't look that bad. If he's out then this offense better get clicking like now, haha.
Whew, ok I’m glad it’s not too serious. And stop that! Lol Fox has been really great so far IMO. So much more poised

I watched the game late, so just skimmed through this thread my two take aways are

1.) What was the halftime act that was rap/pop?

2.) Who said Davion is only good when he makes shots? lol

This is the kind of game that makes me super super excited for Keegan's long-term potential. Wasn't shooting well, but still found ways to be super impactful. Hit the clutch three with under 5 minutes to go up 6. Forced Plumlee into a TO. Made the right read and got Lyles an easy look under the rim that he got fouled on. Those little "right" plays add up big time at the end of the game.

We're throwing a giant minutes workload on him so early in his career and he's responding about as well as you could expect him to do.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I watched the game late, so just skimmed through this thread my two take aways are

1.) What was the halftime act that was rap/pop?
They brought in the trampoline dunk guys in TMNT costumes, and were playing songs from the 90s TMNT movies, while they were doing it. I went to get something to eat after that, so if there was any other rap during halftime, I didn't hear it.

They brought in the trampoline dunk guys in TMNT costumes, and were playing songs from the 90s TMNT movies, while they were doing it. I went to get something to eat after that, so if there was any other rap during halftime, I didn't hear it.
No I think that was it. After that, they just let their DJ jam to some 90s hits while they play with the fan cam.

I am not saying I don't want him. I love many players in the league who can fit what we are looking for too, but that's a bit far-fetch from "I'm pissed that we didn't get him" with the assumption that we did had a chance for sure to get him.
My implications was not necessarily that we had a chance, but prior to bridges arrest, he appeared expendable. We should have tried to move holmes and otger pieces then for him.

LOL what? I expected to hear like Tyga was performing or something. TMNT is some cartoon shot from 30 years ago. Lololol.

The Hornets announcers were making fun of him for it (Dell Curry may be a little biased in this regard for obvious reasons) but give me the guy who'll try so hard that he has to get hooked into an IV after every single game any day of the week.
Curious to hear what Dell had to say when his son was getting spanked.

It's nice that they can win after playing so poorly. And maybe that's a key point of difference vs previous years. But as a game on its own it doesn't scream "take us seriously".
Some of that is gaining chemistry. We have a lot of new faces and new a staff. To pull wins out like this says a lot IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.