[Game] Shriek-ramento Kings @ Charlotte Horror-nets 10/31/2022 4pm Western, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown needs to be more flexibile with his positions. He hasn't been willing to play Mitchell with Fox at all, move Huerter down to the 3 or Murray down to the 4, or Lyles to the 5 for small-ball stuff. Noticed this with Mitchell's surge last season too, but he very much seems like a rhythm player that needs time to get in the flow of the game. And Letting Mitchell not to handle the back-up Playmaking should help him too.

Main take away is that lyles as small ball C backup is the best option currently moving forward. Great game by him, davion and Kevon "red velvet" Huerter. Everyone else was bleh.
I thought Murray played solid on defense. Barnes was given the tougher matchups all night but Murray did well when he had to guard up.

Main take away is that lyles as small ball C backup is the best option currently moving forward. Great game by him, davion and Kevon "red velvet" Huerter. Everyone else was bleh.
I wouldn't speak too soon on rotation change. Lyles played really well tonight, dare I say, above his usual production.

If he keeps at the current pace, I can see him playing a small-ball C with Murray at 4.

Problem is that on Davion's watch the offensive only works if he's hitting his shots.

Tonight, he hit 'em. Tomorrow night?
Let him run 2 man game, and that offense will come. Browns aversion to running the exact play that got them this win down the stretch is either intended, or this coaching staff has no idea who they have on their roster. Less pin downs, more 2 man game from this GUARD team.

This is the kind of game that can really get your season going. Fox going down early, deficit early, layup drill by the other team. Oh, and sabonis still playing poorly. The fact that they overcame that and found a way to win could really give us confidence going forward
Sabonis did not play poorly. He was the best King on the floor. Unfortunately, dude is massively struggling with staying on the floor with the fouls. Although it does seem like he gets at least 2 calls a game that are super questionable.

Murray looked gassed out there. I paid no mind to the missed 3s but this was his poorest outing defensively and he had no touch inside the arc. Odd
A fresh-outta-college rookie shouldn't be leading the team in minutes no matter how good he is, especially with Brown rightly calling for pace! Pace! PACE!

36.5 mpg coming into tonight is absolutely ridiculous. At this rate he's gonna hit that rookie wall much sooner than later.

Sabonis did not play poorly. He was the best King on the floor. Unfortunately, dude is massively struggling with staying on the floor with the fouls. Although it does seem like he gets at least 2 calls a game that are super questionable.
He was #4 in fouls per game in the last 2 years and I remember Pacers fans saying that was a problem for him so this might be something we live with for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.