[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I would like to think that being immortalized in the Hall of Fame has allowed George Karl to mellow out and bury his grudges, but... I don't trust George Karl. I kind of believe that this is either some sort of backhanded compliment, or him playing some kind of mind games. Either way, that man will never get the benefit of the doubt from me.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
oh, he's trolling for sure
Nah, Karl to his credit has always been balanced. In the end, he was RIGHT, he was just about 2-3 years too early. He could see what was coming from his battles with the Warriors. Bigs like Cuz not transitioning their game the way he wanted Cuz to is the difference between being a role player and a star nowadays. Especially if that big isn't a high efficiency pick and roll player. Cuz wasn't. However Cuz was talented enough to go into his guard abilities and succeed before the injuries derailed him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
No one is probably more relieved than Latrell Sprewell who now only has the second most infamous violent incident in Warriors history.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
“Hey Bob, nice team you got there. Would be a shame if you had to keep Draymond and ruin everything, wouldn’t it? Well, here’s your way out and all it’ll cost ya is Moses Moody and one measly first round pick.”
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_10-8-2022_12-14-57AM.png

That was one hell of a punch. I'm sure that knocked him out cold. Surprising since usually NBA fights are on the comical side for people as big and athletic as they are.

Dana White probably looking to hand out a contract here soon.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The crazy thing is that absolutely none of the other players even attempted to step in after the first punch, it’s just a bunch of coaches and staffers rushing in to break it up while Kuminga is just standing there watching Poole get clocked.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
from a pure basketball perspective though, the Warriors are in a really tough position because Draymond is probably still more important to the team winning than Jordan Poole, who is still only the third best guard on their roster and probably their worst defender.

Dray’s obviously older and has much more baggage than Poole but getting rid of their defensive anchor/offensive hub is not going to help them repeat when the only other guys they have who play his position are Kevon Looney and James Wiseman.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I remember Z Bo telling a bullie once that in his parts, the bullie gets bullied.
Zach Randolph is a god damned hypocrite. Didn't he have a dude stomped out over a bag of weed? That guy was the biggest bully on the block.

Oh, I'm sorry, my bad: "allegedly" stomped out over a bag of weed.

I have no problem with the good ol days of dust ups, hard fouls, mutual combat in the heat of battle etc. this was none of those. He was talking crap, like he always does, aggressively moved into Pooles space and initiated contact then decides to get indignant when he pushes him away away from him and sucker punches him. It was bush league.
And speaking of Jordan, I didn’t like that when he did it to Perdue and Kerr and i didn’t like this. Now when Portis popped Mirotic a few years back I did not have a problem with it because Mirotic instigated that entire thing multiple times. That is more in line with the old school guys way of handling business . Just my 2 cents.

from a pure basketball perspective though, the Warriors are in a really tough position because Draymond is probably still more important to the team winning than Jordan Poole, who is still only the third best guard on their roster and probably their worst defender.

Dray’s obviously older and has much more baggage than Poole but getting rid of their defensive anchor/offensive hub is not going to help them repeat when the only other guys they have who play his position are Kevon Looney and James Wiseman.
If Draymond was going to go elsewhere to get paid after this season anyway, maybe the net effect of this video is just to lower his market value

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Zach Randolph is a god damned hypocrite. Didn't he have a dude stomped out over a bag of weed? That guy was the biggest bully on the block.

Oh, I'm sorry, my bad: "allegedly" stomped out over a bag of weed.
I would have no idea to be honest. Do you think that Z Bo isn't about it though if confronted by an NBA player regardless of size?

Status
Not open for further replies.