NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Niners defense is insane. This team can win any given week as long as Jim isn’t a terrible boat anchor like last week.

So sadly, we’re going to end up broken hearted in the playoffs once more when Jim can’t get it done when it matters …. Again

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Deebo is a G, I'm glad we found a way to keep him on the team. Also, is Hufanga already my favorite Niner this season? I think so! But he is a former Trojan so I was already pulling pretty hard for him to stick as a starter even last season.

The Niners defense is insane. This team can win any given week as long as Jim isn’t a terrible boat anchor like last week.

So sadly, we’re going to end up broken hearted in the playoffs once more when Jim can’t get it done when it matters …. Again
I do not like jimmy one bit cause he is the one holding this team back. Him and Shannahan.
HOWEVER……..
Yesterday I woke up and I told all my niner brethren that jimmy and shanny were getting my support 100%. They both had a clean slate and I wanted them to make me a believer. Both of their pasts? Forgotten for the game yesterday. I was cheering like I was a new fan. I’m gonna go into the Carolina game the same way. I’ll be behind these guys 100%. Just don’t revert to what usually loses games. This team can win the 6th if jimmy and shanny can break out of their usual ways.

What is Shanahan doing that is the issue? All I see is a guy who way more often than not actually coaches to his players strengths. There's not much he can do if the opposing defense shuts down the run and wide receiver screens. He can't just magically make Jimmy G beat teams with his arm. Shanny isn't perfect but you would be hard pressed to find a coach who could get more out of these guys.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
on the plus side, this probably only increases the chance that newly divorced dad Tom Brady somehow comes to the Niners next year to “win one at home”.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hmm. I'm having a tough time imagining fewer than about 165 million American males being a worse first date than a freshly single, 40-something-year-old incredibly rich and famous Tom Brady with seven Super Bowl rings.

Though I have to admit, I would totally be down for the Tom Brady Vs. Logan From Twitter Speed Dating game show.

Burning down your marriage for a 2-2 Bucs team instead of riding off into the sunset after a final Super Bowl win? Probably not Brady's best decision
That can't be all there is to it. I know when I was miserable I'd stay late at work and do anything to avoid coming home. If it's truly that he couldn't walk away than he should get his head checked, but I would guess that he at least didn't want to walk away because he couldn't imagine being home all the time.

I've been a Brady fan since Mo Lewis entered the chat and I'm really sad for both of them.