Basketball Cards

indeed. I used to spend all my lunch money to go buy packs of DBZ cards and I built pages and pages worth of cards and about 5 years ago I sold the whole book but looking back, I would of rather kept them for sentimental value because those original packs that I bought over 15 years ago they go for way too much and a whole box set goes for couple of hundreds
Do you think it would be worth purchasing something like this? If anything, I probably would be most interested in getting rookie/prospect cards and holding on to them in hopes that someone becomes the next big thing. But I am wondering if the overall investment is worth it at the end of the day???

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/bowman-baseball-value-box-se.html

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Do you think it would be worth purchasing something like this? If anything, I probably would be most interested in getting rookie/prospect cards and holding on to them in hopes that someone becomes the next big thing. But I am wondering if the overall investment is worth it at the end of the day???

I couldn't tell you because I've never collected Sports cards before. There are a couple of posters on here that do collect or have before, they may be able to share their insights better than I.

Given the history of fraud, I'd spend money on those limited edition sets. The ones where you pay a few k for one set to get for sure, limited print cards.

This is coming from someone, who is a proud holder of 10 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck Rookie Cards that were over printed and subject to immense fraud. I haven't collected cards for a very, very long time, because of it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Given the history of fraud, I'd spend money on those limited edition sets. The ones where you pay a few k for one set to get for sure, limited print cards.

This is coming from someone, who is a proud holder of 10 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck Rookie Cards that were over printed and subject to immense fraud. I haven't collected cards for a very, very long time, because of it.
Why not just go with Topps if Upper Deck was subject to fraud?

I've looked at those as of late. Issue is that I really don't have a few k to spend on baseball cards. I wish I did, though.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m not a collector, but have a funny story from just a little bit a go. My brother-in-law is heavy into cards always buying them. So my sister decided to get one of the low-end packs to join him on an opening.

She ended up pulling a Durant auto. Lmao

Has anyone on here ever participated in any of the "pack breaks"? I've seen a lot of those being advertised/discussed throughout my Google searches about the topic of collecting sports cards.

If you have participated, are these worth it?