[Game] Kings vs. Thunder [Vegas Summer League] 7/13/2022 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Murray looks good. My question is he better right now than lyles and metu? Swap lyles or metu in for Keegan in this summer league are they putting same, better, or worse numbers?

Chet wasn't a scoring monster in college either so I don't know why people are expecting it out of him just a few months after the college season.

He didn't have a good game but I thought he was pretty effective out there. Fairly mistake free and drove by Keegan basically every time he tried. Has a nice drive and kick and affects shots pretty clearly without having to get blocks. He showed a lot of weaknesses but still had an imprint on the game despite that.

Keegan continues to impress. More of the same with more inside work this time, which led to his highest scoring output. He's as efficient as it gets for a SL player. 3pt shot wasn't falling and he was still extremely efficient. Great finisher inside. Basically doing exactly what he did in college but against more talented players this time. Curious to see how the skills translate to the NBA.

Will need to work on his perimeter defense. I think he's going to have issues in the NBA keeping guys from blowing by him. He made up for it with a handful of steals this game but he really needs to work on his reaction time on the perimeter.
Yeah the perimeter defense has been interesting to watch. It's stayed constant through the 6 games; he either gets blown by (and Chet did beat him several times this game), or he just locks down the possession. I don't know if he's thinking too much or getting goofy-footed with his footwork, or maybe just getting caught off-guard at times by the speed of the wing players. Feast or Famine is probably the best way to describe his perimeter defense overall, but agreed it's one of his main improvement spots.

I'm excited to see what all his off-ball work looks like with actual playmaking around him and they attention Fox/Sabonis will draw. That's probably been the most impressive aspect to me; he's scoring at will with weak playmaking, not amazing self-creation and being the main focus of the defense. I anticipate we're going to be putting defenses in really tough spots on defense; do you double Sabonis in the post and leave Murray open? Or let Sabonis work 1on1? Do you help in the Sabonis PnR or try and defend it straight up?

It leads to next question. Do you plug Keegan in right away or do you go with the vets?
Physically or developmentally idk but in terms of BBIQ Keegs is already miles ahead of Metu and is gonna fit much better with our other 4 starters. Might take some time to get there but he should be starting by season’s end

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Murray looks good. My question is he better right now than lyles and metu? Swap lyles or metu in for Keegan in this summer league are they putting same, better, or worse numbers?
Lyles probably puts up the closer numbers. Metu can go on a burner, but don’t see it consistently.

Yes 7 year vet Trey Lyles and 4 year vet Metu would dominate SL. What kind of question is that? lol.
I don't know if it's that simple. I mean Metu was in SL last year and according to realgm, he averaged 10ppg on .316 FG%. Lyles would fare much better but he's more of a system player than a go out and get you a bucket player. Realgm has his last SL season at 23.8ppg but on .375 FG%. But that was years ago so I'm sure he could do the same numbers at a more efficient rate now.

I think Murray outplays Metu from the start but Metu is a better defender. I think it'll be difficult to outplay Lyles overall his rookie year but it's possible. Lyles is a bit like Delon Wright in that his impact stats are better than he looks on the court but he's not quite in Wright's league in respect to that.

If we exit this year saying that Murray has to work on his perimeter defense, ball handling and passing but anytime he puts up a shot, it's like he's a seasoned vet out there....I'd say that'll be a successful rookie year.

Wait. Is this person seriously? KPJ for Keegan right now? RJ Barrett is going to be better than KPJ and I wouldn't trade Keegan for Barrett straight up right now. He's too hot right now. He's so hot right now.
You wouldn't trade for Barrett huh? A proven budding star against NBA quality players who's dam near same age for a rookie SL mvp?

Common

Slow this train down a bit please. If they told me to take Chet Right now for Murray straight up. I'd have a hard time passing that up just because of summer league lol. I love my kings fans tho, so much hope. Like my 4 year old daughters first day of school. If I was the GM, I'd trade him right now for a proven all star while the fire his hot!! Call Knicks get me Barett!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You wouldn't trade for Barrett huh? A proven budding star against NBA quality players who's dam near same age for a rookie SL mvp?

Common
RJ’s smaller than Keegan, a worse defender, and probably gonna end up with an unmoveable supermax extension in a few months. I like RJ but I probably wouldn’t trade Keegan, who is better offball and cheaper for longer, for him either.

RJ’s smaller than Keegan, a worse defender, and probably gonna end up with an unmoveable supermax extension in a few months. I like RJ but I probably wouldn’t trade Keegan, who is better offball and cheaper for longer, for him either.
Hes so bad. Lol then why the Probably? Common sir you take that trade or your fired.

I'll tell you this. I saw some dawg out there. I'm pleasantly optimistic.

Listen, I'm a BIG Barrett fan. I have picked him in every year in fantasy since his rookie year, later in the draft, and he helped me win last year. But as a fantasy player I already know Keegan would contribute more as a rookie than Barret did even last year when he finally put up more consistent "numbers" but percentages were still all over the board.

Murrays efficiency is still too damn tough to pass up on. Dude plays like a veteran.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Of course I have sir. Otherwise I wouldn't have brought him up. He's a dawg and budding star, you will see next year. Murray is growing on me tho so it's no disrespect to my rook

Have you seen Murray against NBA players or somethin?
I guess your definition of dawg is a guy who is absolutely not afraid to Jack up shots at the expense of the rest of his team and has worse advanced metrics than Kemba Walker (from last year when he was unplayable bad and not from when he was actually good)?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Listen, I'm a BIG Barrett fan. I have picked him in every year in fantasy since his rookie year, later in the draft, and he helped me win last year. But as a fantasy player I already know Keegan would contribute more as a rookie than Barret did even last year when he finally put up more consistent "numbers" but percentages were still all over the board.

Murrays efficiency is still too damn tough to pass up on. Dude plays like a veteran.
Yeah, I was all for acquiring RJ when it was a trade down deal that included New York’s pick and before we saw that Keegan’s skills 100% translated to the league or when we were talking about blowing up the team at the trade deadline.

I would absolutely not trade Keegan for RJ straight up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.