Welcome Keegan Murray!

Lmao. Took all of 5 SL games for the narrative to shift:

"Oh actually, he does have upside/star talent. We knew it all along!"
Then it'll shift again if he struggles to start the season.

SL doesn't usually mean a whole lot but I'll definitely take our guy averaging an efficient 20 over not averaging an efficient 20.

I remember McLemore struggling bad in SL and then having a single good 18pt game and we we're all excited about him showing flashes of becoming a great player.

I'll take this situation any day over that.

SL doesn't usually mean a whole lot but I'll definitely take our guy averaging an efficient 20 over not averaging an efficient 20.

I remember McLemore struggling bad in SL and then having a single good 18pt game and we we're all excited about him showing flashes of becoming a great player.

Yea, I've long held the stance I don't think SL determines anything for the top guys. They have to show it in the real NBA minutes. I think it's a good opportunity to work on their game and get better. Or as a barometer for more fringe guys like Queta; do they look better in year 2 SL than they did year 1?

That said, it's exciting what Murray is doing because basically everything should be translatable to the NBA level. I'd say he's struggling with his own self-shot creation for the most part and he's still playing at such a high level and dropping 20 a game. Also, I think his shot might become his real swing skill to become an elite player; it looks significantly better than advertised. A couple people have said this, but what he's doing with his shooting is what people expected from Jabari out of the gate. The C&S, the off-ball movement coming off a double stagger screen, quick high release, can hit in the corners or above the break. All that is super elite for a dude 6'8 and incredibly rare in the NBA.

Yea, I've long held the stance I don't think SL determines anything for the top guys. They have to show it in the real NBA minutes. I think it's a good opportunity to work on their game and get better. Or as a barometer for more fringe guys like Queta; do they look better in year 2 SL than they did year 1?

That said, it's exciting what Murray is doing because basically everything should be translatable to the NBA level. I'd say he's struggling with his own self-shot creation for the most part and he's still playing at such a high level and dropping 20 a game. Also, I think his shot might become his real swing skill to become an elite player; it looks significantly better than advertised. A couple people have said this, but what he's doing with his shooting is what people expected from Jabari out of the gate. The C&S, the off-ball movement coming off a double stagger screen, quick high release, can hit in the corners or above the break. All that is super elite for a dude 6'8 and incredibly rare in the NBA.
Yea, it's SL. If SL was a sure thing, DSJ would be a first ballot HOFer by now. The YT comment section is awesome:

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Penne was consistently on board for Murray throughout all of draft season
Perhaps he was, but in the post-draft wrapup with him posted above, his entire comment was (paraphrased) "The Kings...not gonna say they're losers because I like Keegan Murray, bit I still think they should have taken Jaden Ivey." That's the whole thing, then he moves on. So he can't have been THAT high on Murray.

Remember how soon into summer league that Thomas Robinson looked like a bust? He was one of those guys where after 2-3 games in summer, you just kinda knew. Damn that pick was awful

honestly after his first few plays I knew we were in trouble.
Remember how soon into summer league that Thomas Robinson looked like a bust? He was one of those guys where after 2-3 games in summer, you just kinda knew. Damn that pick was awful
Yeah, if I remember right, Robinson was exposed pretty quickly as having been able to dominate younger and less athletic guys in college, and it wasn’t going to work in the big leagues. Part of me feared Murray might fare the same, given his age, but luckily that appears not to be the case at all.

If he can play decent defense and hit those open looks he is going to get in the kings system everything else will fall in place.

If this new coaching staff actually starts him come the season opener it will show me they are confident they made the correct decision on drafting him.

Yep had the brain farts of Queta without any of the talent.

Except rebounding. That's really all he was capable of.