The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Let me ask this. Will Chet, Jabari and Paolo start?

My guess is we don't need to look at the rosters to answer that question.
You think Houston wouldnt start 250lb Paolo after trading Christian Wood to clear space for him? Who would they start over him? Garuba who got a whopping 200 minutes as a rookie?

OKC's frontcourt players were all outrageously inefficient last season... Who would be starting over Chet? 2nd rd pick from last year 6'8 2nd year player that shot 41% from the field Jeremiah Robinson Earl..

Mo Bamba shot 38% from 3 on 4 attempts per game n had career highs in all catergories, hes a RFA but has said he wants to stay and belives in what their building.. Orlandos a little tricky because they have Wendell Carter another recent lotto pick whoi was very efficient for them last season, and also presumably their pick will be Jabari Smith who just turned 19 last month

Good convo going on right now with a scout (Drake U'U) on DLO & KC. Can rewind a bit to catch the full convo. Lines up with my views, Keegan, Ivey @ 4? Good not great. Trade down, Monte!

The issue with his 4 for 16-Huerter-Collins base is you basically have to move Barnes with. Huerter and JC are both very good, but is worth all our tradeable assets? Eh. Possibly?

If we got to keep Barnes and just move Holmes+Expirings, I think that would be just okay enough value threshold. But don't think the money works.

The issue with his 4 for 16-Huerter-Collins base is you basically have to move Barnes with. Huerter and JC are both very good, but is worth all our tradeable assets? Eh. Possibly?

If we got to keep Barnes and just move Holmes+Expirings, I think that would be just okay enough value threshold. But don't think the money works.
Just to be clear, I wouldn't do the ATL trade. But at 4, if it's Murray or Ivey, trade down. Preferably to 6. Get Daniels plus assets.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't do the ATL trade. But at 4, if it's Murray or Ivey, trade down. Preferably to 6. Get Daniels plus assets.
His views, in a nutshell: Murray isn't marginally better than an established stretch 4 right now (Kuz, Collins). Yep. I agree.
Ivey is closer to Fox than Ja. And will take a few years to be good. Yep. I agree.

Trade out!

Alright ladies, gentlemen, boys, and girls...About to clock out for the day so I can mentally (and physically) prepare myself for "Draft Night 2022". I have yet to decide if I am going to situate my laptop in my living room (where I will be watching the festivities), or if I am not going to situate my laptop in my living room. Regardless, Happy 2022 NBA Draft Watching to you all!!! :):):)

And, uh, GO KINGS GO!!!

If Fox continues to shoot 29% from 3, then he’s not worth his contract and we are screwed anyway. Davion is going to be fine. And Sabonis could improve to league average. Barnes is a very good 3 point shooter.

The issue is that some people (including me) think that Ivey is going to be a star. Acquiring a star at 4 is way more important than fit for this season. I love Keegan Murray but I don’t think he has the same star potential as Ivey (but I could be very wrong and won’t hate the pick if it’s Keegan).
Funny how you say Mitchell is OK, but not Fox. Let me guess, right now is when you learned Fox is only 1 year older than Mitchell?

You think Houston wouldnt start 250lb Paolo after trading Christian Wood to clear space for him? Who would they start over him? Garuba who got a whopping 200 minutes as a rookie?

OKC's frontcourt players were all outrageously inefficient last season... Who would be starting over Chet? 2nd rd pick from last year 6'8 2nd year player that shot 41% from the field Jeremiah Robinson Earl..

Mo Bamba shot 38% from 3 on 4 attempts per game n had career highs in all catergories, hes a RFA but has said he wants to stay and belives in what their building.. Orlandos a little tricky because they have Wendell Carter another recent lotto pick whoi was very efficient for them last season, and also presumably their pick will be Jabari Smith who just turned 19 last month
Yeah. The rookies are all starting.

Any rational fan knows who will be the best player available.
If we pick somebody else... and there is only one somebody else... so be it if thats what Monte deems worthy.
Never the less we are doomed for ridicule. The TV pundits, media, blogs and forums are already in a bash fest and we aren't even on the clock yet. They are talking more about us screwing this up than the number 123 picks together.

If we pick somebody else... and there is only one somebody else... so be it if thats what Monte deems worthy.
Never the less we are doomed for ridicule. The TV pundits, media, blogs and forums are already in a bash fest and we aren't even on the clock yet. They are talking more about us screwing this up than the number 123 picks together.
Yeah, but be strong in the fact that if he takes any of Murray, Mathurin, Griffin then he's not that far outside the window and all can help.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
And they'll continue to bash us until we make the playoffs, which is fair. I think a lot of those same talking heads will also be happy for us when things do turn around. We're an easy punchline and this is an entertainment business but most people still respect Sacramento fans and want us to have a team worth rooting for.