Kings hire Jordi Fernandez as Associate Head Coach

Why do people insist on hyperbole?

A lot more from that 2002 era team hasn’t been part of the org since leaving than those that have.

Bobby J was always working to be in coaching, so that wasn’t unearned. Vlade was the only real head scratcher. And he’s the one that made the decision to bring his Serbian buddy Peja in with him.

The recent Doug Christie hiring was also more warranted and earned than Vlade/Peja.

Thought I read no assistant coach news until after Mike Brown is done with the playoffs. Irrelevant I guess but I like that Brown is thought highly enough of to attract quality staff. We should have a big Nigérian fan base here in Sac soon.

Thought I read no assistant coach news until after Mike Brown is done with the playoffs. Irrelevant I guess but I like that Brown is thought highly enough of to attract quality staff. We should have a big Nigérian fan base here in Sac soon.
It was rumored that 2 of his 3 assistants from the Nigeria team would make the move with him, I think Luke Loucks is the other likely to join.

I'm not sure if that's true at all. People seem to like/respect him but only a certain type. I think he's more of a Pop type, asks a lot of his players but will give a lot in return if you play his way. That LA team wanted nothing to do with him. But LeBron really credits him with making him a defender. I'm not sure LeBron really liked him back then though.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He had four years as an assistant under Malone. I'm not sure what his specific responsibilities were. Does anyone know?

He's got to be a worker; otherwise Malone wouldn't have hired him or kept him. His knowledge of sports psychology could come in handy.

Apparently Jordi is good at player development something Sac is an F- ~~~~~ at. This guy might be able to lay some foundation for developing for us for the first time