• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What's this all about anyway?
Not sure anyone truly knows but the Suns decided not to negotiate a contract extension with Ayton last year when Trae, Luka, JJJ and many others from that lovely 2018 class that was chalk full of stars were signing lucrative extensions and instead gave CP3 a mega deal. But still dude put in the work for them all season and is now apparently the guy left without a chair when the music stops.

it especially sucks since the mavs just aren’t that good. Or maybe they are? What am I missing?
Luka is a super star. The rest of the team is just meh. The kid is THAT GOOD.

OUCH……….
I dunno, Dinwiddie has been looking pretty good of late - he'll have to be for the Mavericks to have any kind of chance against Warriors.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
he wanted to get paid like a number one pick and the Suns had other priorities so I can see his anger but these bridges have now been crossed and burned with the organization
If they won't pay him someone else will and he'll either leave for nothing or they'll be stuck matching an angry Ayton. They were foolish not to agree to terms while paying others.

If they won't pay him someone else will and he'll either leave for nothing or they'll be stuck matching an angry Ayton. They were foolish not to agree to terms while paying others.
The problem for him is that there aren't very many teams with space right now to give him the max. In fact I'm not sure if there are any. Regardless there could be some teams looking to make that sign and trade or clear room for him. Indiana should look into offering Turner for him. That could work out decent for both squads.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
with them giving CP3 that huge extension did they really have enough to give him what he wanted?
Have to think that they could have negotiated a little harder with CP3 to make sure they had money for Ayton. Especially if they signed both at the same time showing a commitment to winning/keeping it together.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I was rooting for the Suns last year but they acted like they had this series in the bag when they were up 2-0 headed to Dallas so they got what they deserved. Chris Paul of all people should know that you need to finish the job before you start barking. His playoff legacy is blowing chances to close teams out.

I don't think Golden State is a lock for the Finals either. This Dallas team plays defense and they have three guards who can score on anyone so they've got a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.