Offseason/Pre-season News articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NBA.com

The emotion was palpable for everyone in the arena and watching on TV, but especially for Fox, who, in his five years in Sacramento, appeared to have the running mate he needed to help him end the franchise’s historic playoff draught

Continue reading...

N

NBA.com

Today, the Sacramento Kings are thrilled to announce that Golden 1 Center Guest Services Ambassador Lee Smith has been recognized with the 2022 NBA Pete Winemiller Guest Experience Innovation Award for his commitment to exceptional guest services and fan experience. We are thrilled that Lee Smith has been recognized with the 2022 NBA Pete Winemiller Guest Experience Innovation Award,” said Sacramento Kings President of Business Operations John Rinehart.

Continue reading...

P

ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports

In the wake of Vlade Divac’s resignation two years ago, Joe Dumars was reportedly to run the Kings’ front office for at least a year. Instead, Sacramento hired Monte McNair as general manager and has reportedly given him more autonomy than any executive under owner Vivek Ranadive. Initially hired as an advisor to Divac, Dumars took the title of “Chief Strategy Officer” reporting to Ranadive.

Continue reading...

A

Associated Press

The Sacramento Kings officially announced the hiring of Mike Brown as their new head coach with hopes he can end the NBA's longest playoff drought ever. General manager Monte McNair said Monday that Brown was picked to replace interim coach Alvin Gentry. The Kings fired Gentry after a season during which they set an NBA record by missing the playoffs for a 16th straight year.

Continue reading...

N

NBA.com

In Mike Brown’s eight seasons as an NBA head coach, he’s only had two losing season s – the 20 12-13 season with the Lakers where he coached just five games and the 2013-14 season with the Cavs and a young Kyrie Irving. Outside of that, Brown has coached his teams to the playoffs six other times, amassing an all-time record of 563-347. His 61% career winning percentage puts the 2008-09 NBA Coach of the Year in the top 10 among coaches with more than 500 games under their belt.

Continue reading...

N

NBA.com

Sacramento center and franchise cornerstone Domantas Sabonis has been selected to represent the Kings at the 2022 NBA Draft Lottery. Sabonis will be one of 30 representatives from teams across the NBA that will be on call when the top 4 picks of the draft are revealed. The 26-year-old big man joined the Kings at the trade deadline and made an immediate impact upon his arrival.

Continue reading...

K

KCRA - Sacramento Videos

The former associate coach for the Sacramento Kings is staying with the organization but in a new role. It's been over four months since Alvin Gentry was relieved of his coaching duties. Now he has taken a job in a new front office position, Sacramento Kings officials confirmed to KCRA 3 on Monday.

Continue reading...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The trade, if you were wondering, is Len/Holiday/both 2022 second round picks for Thybulle and Korkmaz, which I would absolutely agree to before Morey has a chance to hang up and seek medical attention for his obvious concussion.

Last edited:
The trade, if you were wondering is Len/Holiday/both 2022 second round picks for Thybulle and Korkmaz, which I would absolutely agree to before Morey has a chance to hang up and seek medical attention for his obvious concussion.
The rationale being that they wouldn't want to pony up the money to re-sign him. I guess I can halfway understand that logic given how much they already spend on Embiid and Harris and are about to spend on a declining Harden, not to mention a possible extension for Maxey.

But even if that's the case, I think they can get far more in return for Thybulle.

But yeah, McNair says yes immediately if that were ever offered.

I think a lotto protected 2023 FRP added to those would make this interesting for both sides. Sixers get cheap vet expiring depth and help restock their draft capital from the Harden trade. Kings get some much needed wing defense and a guy directly on the timeline of Fox/Sabonis.

I think a lotto protected 2023 FRP added to those would make this interesting for both sides. Sixers get cheap vet expiring depth and help restock their draft capital from the Harden trade. Kings get some much needed wing defense and a guy directly on the timeline of Fox/Sabonis.
I'm a huge Thybulle fan so I'd be in. And it fits the McNair timeline of having to make the play-in game, for better or worse.

K

KCRA 3 Sacramento

The daughter of Sacramento Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé has been named the new assistant general manager for the Stockton Kings. Kings officials confirmed with KCRA 3 that Anjali Ranadivé will assist with basketball operations, which include evaluations, player development and strategy.Anjali has also updated her Twitter and Instagram profiles to include "Stockton Kings GM" in her bio.In an April 6 Instagram post, she talked about finishing her first season working with the Social Responsibility/C...

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.