[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, his ESPN bio says he has 5 years of experience (which is why I asked the question as it seemed off) That is clearly wrong, he has been in the league for 8 years.

Cam Reddish not likely to remain in Knicks’ rotation despite first cameo
"Thibodeau also hinted Sunday he wants to go to a nine-man rotation instead of 10 and gave every indication he’s sticking with backup rookie swingman Quentin Grimes."
https://nypost.com/2022/01/23/cam-reddish-makes-his-knicks-debut-in-five-minute-cameo/

"Monte is so incompetent why wouldn't have given up our 1st round pick for Mr. Cam Reddish who is oh-so just the perfect young player to build around" I remember reading someone here who said something with not so many words.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
All-Star starters announced:

West
Stephen Curry
Ja Morant
LeBron James
Nikola Jokic
Andrew Wiggins (!!!)

East
DeMar DeRozan
Trae Young
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kevin Durant
Joel Embiid

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, it's frontcourt, not forwards... and Doncic and Big Sawfty are still in the west, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wild that Phoenix has the best record in the league, and zero All-Star starters.

Well, it's frontcourt, not forwards... and Doncic and Big Sawfty are still in the west, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wild that Phoenix has the best record in the league, and zero All-Star starters.
I haven't paid any attention to the ASG, is it still fan-vote for starters and coaches/media vote for the rest?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I haven't paid any attention to the ASG, is it still fan-vote for starters and coaches/media vote for the rest?
Starters are selected by a combination of fan vote (worth 50%), player vote (worth 25%) and media vote (worth 25%). Reserves are selected by coaches.

TTBOMR, media has never voted on All-Star reserves.

"Thibodeau also hinted Sunday he wants to go to a nine-man rotation instead of 10 and gave every indication he’s sticking with backup rookie swingman Quentin Grimes."
https://nypost.com/2022/01/23/cam-reddish-makes-his-knicks-debut-in-five-minute-cameo/

"Monte is so incompetent why wouldn't have given up our 1st round pick for Mr. Cam Reddish who is oh-so just the perfect young player to build around" I remember reading someone here who said something with not so many words.
I've had the same thoughts when I saw that news. People were seriously kvetching that we didn't give up a much better looking first rounder for that?

On the other hand, it is one reason I'd really like to see us move more marginal talent for draft capital because if we had a non-lottery pick we should definitely be able to move for rotation players once we actually have 5 starting caliber talents.

Thibs has kind of blown it for awhile now when it comes to young players with talent. Thibs will eventually be gone probably and then if Reddish is still there then you'll see him. Maybe even before that when Thibs goes full Thibs and burns out half of his guys per usual.

https://pr.nba.com/voting-results-2022-nba-all-star-game-starters/

Andrew Wiggins only received 4 out of a possible 98 votes from the media and was still able to be named an all-star starter. Rudy Gobert received 64/98 votes and didn't even finish top 5.

Rudy Gobert received votes from 64/98 media members and was awarded rank #3 in the conference for this. By getting 16x the votes, Gobert's overall contributed rank from media was only .75 lower than Wiggins' as a result of this. Despite players ranking him 4th and the media ranking him 3rd he finished with an average ranking of 6.25 due to fans not caring about defense and a small market Jazz team as much as someone who plays in a bigger market like Wiggins.

https://pr.nba.com/voting-results-2022-nba-all-star-game-starters/

Andrew Wiggins only received 4 out of a possible 98 votes from the media and was still able to be named an all-star starter. Rudy Gobert received 64/98 votes and didn't even finish top 5.

Rudy Gobert received votes from 64/98 media members and was awarded rank #3 in the conference for this. By getting 16x the votes, Gobert's overall contributed rank from media was only .75 lower than Wiggins' as a result of this. Despite players ranking him 4th and the media ranking him 3rd he finished with an average ranking of 6.25 due to fans not caring about defense and a small market Jazz team as much as someone who plays in a bigger market like Wiggins.
I wonder about all those who thought Wiggins was just empty stats on a losing team or would never be an all star think now. All it takes is for a couple things to fall the right way and boom. Media perception changes, you’re in a big market and winning team with better players, even if your stats aren’t much better.

Isaiah Jackson with his breakout game for Indy. 26 points 10 boards 2 blocks and a steal. He has been producing the last 3 games with the increased minutes, I wonder if that makes a Pacers trade that much more likely. I didn't watch him much in college and he didn't stand out to me when I was researching prospects for last years draft but they may have a player there.

I read an article today about how Curry believes he has fixed the cause of his shooting slump. He believed he was launching from his toes instead of his heels and that was leading to a loss of power. If he returns to form and Klay is unrestricted by season end, Golden State will likely represent the West in the Finals.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I read an article today about how Curry believes he has fixed the cause of his shooting slump. He believed he was launching from his toes instead of his heels and that was leading to a loss of power. If he returns to form and Klay is unrestricted by season end, Golden State will likely represent the West in the Finals.
the beautiful science of biomechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.