Blow It Up

Treadmilling while sacrificing a young player and a first is continuing the same disastrous path. That trade happens, McNair needs to go.
Dude, it's the lesser of two evils then. If your goal is to make the playoffs and build around two guys that you've already cemented your cap around to an extent, then I'd rather them compete with better fit guys for those two than "value" BPA players that don't enhance their opportunities and will be gone at some point unless they "bust" anyway. The Kings play Boston tonight. That is a warning sign in some ways to look at as an example. They fell in love with the players they drafted and stuck it through and in turn probably missed their window. Smart was a solid piece but perhaps paying them out and sticking it through if they aren't THE difference maker is not wise? The Kings were supposedly hard after Smart last year for some package involving Barnes. I like Smart, always have. But you can't tell me the Kings didn't potentially get lucky there. You could say the same about Grant, but not really because Grant actually fits and fills a need to some extent. Here's what we know, supposedly Fox/Haliburton is the Jordan/Pippen moving forward. Good, EVERYTHING you do needs to make some sense around that otherwise you're falling behind.

Dude, it's the lesser of two evils then. If your goal is to make the playoffs and build around two guys that you've already cemented your cap around to an extent, then I'd rather them compete with better fit guys for those two than "value" BPA players that don't enhance their opportunities and will be gone at some point unless they "bust" anyway. The Kings play Boston tonight. That is a warning sign in some ways to look at as an example. They fell in love with the players they drafted and stuck it through and in turn probably missed their window. Smart was a solid piece but perhaps paying them out and sticking it through if they aren't THE difference maker is not wise? The Kings were supposedly hard after Smart last year for some package involving Barnes. I like Smart, always have. But you can't tell me the Kings didn't potentially get lucky there. You could say the same about Grant, but not really because Grant actually fits and fills a need to some extent. Here's what we know, supposedly Fox/Haliburton is the Jordan/Pippen moving forward. Good, EVERYTHING you do needs to make some sense around that otherwise you're falling behind.
If the solution is Grant, it’s better to blow it up. Getting Grant without an extension is suicide. Getting Grant with an extension and on the same team with Fox is suicide as well. Let’s surround Hali with two non-shooting, ball stoppers. Guaranteed recipe to continue the sh*tty culture.

BOS Gets: Tristan Thompson & Ish Smith
BOS Gives: Al Horford & Aaron Nesmith
Why for BOS? Get out of the luxury tax this season and clear Horford's contract for expirings.

CHA Gets: Richaun Holmes
CHA Gives: Ish Smith & PJ Washington
Why for CHA? They can backfill Washington's minutes with Hayward, Bridges, & Oubre. Holmes is a big upgrade at C for them

DET Gets: Marvin Bagley, Davion Mitchell, Mo Harkless, & 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
DET Gives: Jearmi Grant, Rodney McGruder, & Isaiah Livers
Why for DET? Move their win now vet for young assets to add to their rebuild.

PHI Gets: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, PJ Washington, & 2024 SAC 1st (Top 10 Protected)
PHI Gives: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, & Shake Milton
Why for PHI? Simmons is a net zero on the floor for Philly, and they are upgrading their on-floor talent from Harris & Milton to Grant, Barnes, Washington, & Hield. The pieces also complement Embiid and Maxey very well.

SAC Gets: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Al Horford, Aaron Nesmith, Shake Milton, Rodney McGruder, & Isaiah Livers
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Marvin Bagley, Richaun Holmes, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, Mo Harkless, 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected), & 2024 SAC 1st (Top 10 Protected)
Why for SAC? Huge push to go all-in to win now. They keep Fox & Haliburton in place and pick-up Simmons, Harris, and Horford to fill out the rest of the starting lineup. Also grab Nesmith as a young cheap option.

Too big & complicated to likely happen, but when you look at each team in isolation, the value seems solid. Leaves us with:

PG - Fox / Milton
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Simmons / Nesmith / Woodard
PF - Harris / Metu / Livers
C - Horford / Jones / Len

Really hope we don't take this direction and we maintain our young assets and build this thing right.

If the solution is Grant, it’s better to blow it up. Getting Grant without an extension is suicide. Getting Grant with an extension and on the same team with Fox is suicide as well. Let’s surround Hali with two non-shooting, ball stoppers. Guaranteed recipe to continue the sh*tty culture.
It might be but that apparently isn't an option. If you pick a direction, which is better than none BTW, then you have to run towards it. Anything else is trying to play all angles and taking 2 steps forward 2 back at best. Also, Grant has role player history. I think that alone makes him more valuable than anything that truly wouldn't fit. I don't think he's a star, and Detroit inflated his numbers but specifically in reference to the Kings, they need more players that are of his type than not.

BOS Gets: Tristan Thompson & Ish Smith
BOS Gives: Al Horford & Aaron Nesmith
Why for BOS? Get out of the luxury tax this season and clear Horford's contract for expirings.

CHA Gets: Richaun Holmes
CHA Gives: Ish Smith & PJ Washington
Why for CHA? They can backfill Washington's minutes with Hayward, Bridges, & Oubre. Holmes is a big upgrade at C for them

DET Gets: Marvin Bagley, Davion Mitchell, Mo Harkless, & 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
DET Gives: Jearmi Grant, Rodney McGruder, & Isaiah Livers
Why for DET? Move their win now vet for young assets to add to their rebuild.

PHI Gets: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, PJ Washington, & 2024 SAC 1st (Top 10 Protected)
PHI Gives: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, & Shake Milton
Why for PHI? Simmons is a net zero on the floor for Philly, and they are upgrading their on-floor talent from Harris & Milton to Grant, Barnes, Washington, & Hield. The pieces also complement Embiid and Maxey very well.

SAC Gets: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Al Horford, Aaron Nesmith, Shake Milton, Rodney McGruder, & Isaiah Livers
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Marvin Bagley, Richaun Holmes, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, Mo Harkless, 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected), & 2024 SAC 1st (Top 10 Protected)
Why for SAC? Huge push to go all-in to win now. They keep Fox & Haliburton in place and pick-up Simmons, Harris, and Horford to fill out the rest of the starting lineup. Also grab Nesmith as a young cheap option.

Too big & complicated to likely happen, but when you look at each team in isolation, the value seems solid. Leaves us with:

PG - Fox / Milton
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Simmons / Nesmith / Woodard
PF - Harris / Metu / Livers
C - Horford / Jones / Len

Really hope we don't take this direction and we maintain our young assets and build this thing right.
I commend you for the level of complexity but Philly can go kick freaking rocks. Morey would probably turn it down anyway, lol.

I think the most likely thing to happen at the deadline is that the Kings make a minor move - maybe Buddy or Barnes get moved for an unimpressive return - and the Kings finish 8th or 9th and grab the "best player available" again regardless of fit.

This team needs a shakeup. What it very likely needs is a true rebuild but I don't think either of those will actually occur.

Reports saying he doesn’t wanna go to LA and play behind Lebron/AD if that’s the guy some want than there no hope for some of y’all

I think the most likely thing to happen at the deadline is that the Kings make a minor move - maybe Buddy or Barnes get moved for an unimpressive return - and the Kings finish 8th or 9th and grab the "best player available" again regardless of fit.

This team needs a shakeup. What it very likely needs is a true rebuild but I don't think either of those will actually occur.
lol, sadly yes

If I'm a starter, I don't want to ride the bench either. And if he doesn't want to play in LA, that's actually a bonus in my book.
Do you hear yourself the kid doesn’t value winning or playing winning basketball he’s a good 3rd option not this star he thinks he is. Why wouldn’t you wanna go to LA he also left denver in a perfect role to go to Detroit so he can chick up as many shots as he wants even tho denver matched Detroit’s offer. Should’ve even entertain bring that dude here

Do you hear yourself the kid doesn’t value winning or playing winning basketball he’s a good 3rd option not this star he thinks he is. Why wouldn’t you wanna go to LA he also left denver in a perfect role to go to Detroit so he can chick up as many shots as he wants even tho denver matched Detroit’s offer. Should’ve even entertain bring that dude here
Dude, the Kings have such a great culture that Grant will come to the Kings and will embrace the 3 and D role and will gladly sign an extension for under market value. Never underestimate the Kings culture. It’s basketball heaven.

You're really saying you would ride the pine in that mess of a roster instead of start somewhere else? If the Kings can get Grant without moving Fox/Hali, it's an upgrade.

You're really saying you would ride the pine in that mess of a roster instead of start somewhere else? If the Kings can get Grant without moving Fox/Hali, it's an upgrade.
Yes I’m saying that! Wouldn’t trade for grant if it cost Bagley and a 2nd just to tie ourselves to his horrible extension coming with paired with Fox contract hell na

Nah, this coaching prefers activating all of its young players and just shove them at the end of the bench to rot... A normal team will leave them to develop in the g-league or get them some short minutes to develop and grow confidence, but not the kings.
At this point I'm sure glad they are here, haha. Bobby Jackson can only do so much.

The entire Kings organization is dysfunctional - from top to bottom.

What we see on the floor is just a symptom of the real problems - poor leadership, flawed structure, incompetence, atrocious decision-making, lack of vision, unwillingness to learn from mistakes, and hubris.

Short of an ownership change and a wholesale housecleaning afterward, I honestly don’t know how such a broad scope of failures can be fixed.