NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's unreal the gap Mahomes and Allen are at and everyone else. Have all that Rodgers/Brady/Brees pocket presence with the ability to bomb it 60 yards down field, or beat you with their legs. It's amazing we're getting another Manning/Brady rivalry so soon.
At this point, it's like
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Herbert
<<<huge gap>>>
4. Joe Burrow
5. Kyler Murray
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Dak

If Deshaun Watson were still playing football and not being charged with several dozen sex crimes, he'd probably be right under Herbert but there are a BUNCH of young superstar QBs and that's not even counting the Lance/Fields/Lawrence class (I think all three end up somewhere on this list in year or two) or the elite guys from the old QB class still in the league (Brady/Russ/Rodgers). Wild that Mahomes and Herbert are in the same division and routinely have to play against each other though. Football's in a really good place as a sport, considering the avalanche of bad press it had to face over the last decade.

At this point, it's like
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Herbert
<<<huge gap>>>
4. Joe Burrow
5. Kyler Murray
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Dak

If Deshaun Watson were still playing football and not being charged with several dozen sex crimes, he'd probably be right under Herbert but there are a BUNCH of young superstar QBs and that's not even counting the Lance/Fields/Lawrence class (I think all three end up somewhere on this list in year or two) or the elite guys from the old QB class still in the league (Brady/Russ/Rodgers). Wild that Mahomes and Herbert are in the same division and routinely have to play against each other though. Football's in a really good place as a sport, considering the avalanche of bad press it had to face over the last decade.
Thanks for recognizing Herbert. If his coach wasn’t a moron he might still be alive in the playoffs.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
That's a pretty weak approach and indicates how bad your fanbase is if you have to try to do that to keep opposing fans from attending.

Isn't going to work, IMHO. There are lots of 49er fans in SoCal already (many of which are volunteering to help NorCal folks get tickets), from my understanding there are apparently credit card safety features or 1-time purchases available that don't transmit your address or that you can assign a different address to, and it doesn't work on resale tickets (StubHub, etc.). So, there are apparently some workarounds if you really feel like blowing $600 minimum (nosebleeds) to attend the game.

That's a pretty weak approach and indicates how bad your fanbase is if you have to try to do that to keep opposing fans from attending.

Isn't going to work, IMHO. There are lots of 49er fans in SoCal already (many of which are volunteering to help NorCal folks get tickets), from my understanding there are apparently credit card safety features or 1-time purchases available that don't transmit your address or that you can assign a different address to, and it doesn't work on resale tickets (StubHub, etc.). So, there are apparently some workarounds if you really feel like blowing $600 minimum (nosebleeds) to attend the game.
Brother and I went to Texans game at Levi - it was a Christmas gift - first time in that stadium. I love watching NFL, but would usually not pay their prices.......but Amtrak was awesome from SAC though to Santa Clara - Amtrak station a 4 min walk into the stadium....I might do it again someday but not a regular thing, how awesome that setup was - no driving - wifi on the train, food if you want definitely improved the experience.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Yeah, I don't know if the person in-charge of tickets for the Rams has ever actually been to LA or not but a good 25% or so of the population there is from NorCal and another good 30% of the population were already Niners fans because they were the nearest non-terrible NFL team to the area for the past half-century. Plus, they're also making the assumption that no Rams fans were planning on coming to the game from out of region.

I was just down in LA last week and the vast majority of sports memorabilia I saw was Niners gear. Probably even more than Lakers/Dodgers gear combined. The amount of Rams gear I saw probably was still even less than the amount of Cowboys stuff I saw and this was literally the day after they lost a playoff game in humiliating fashion.

If the Niners and Chiefs meet in the Superbowl again, I see it going similar to the way it did last time. The Chiefs base offense will be kept in check by the Niners' D and then when it's time to air it out and put a bunch of points on the board, the Chiefs offense will take over and move the ball at will.

If the Niners and Chiefs meet in the Superbowl again, I see it going similar to the way it did last time. The Chiefs base offense will be kept in check by the Niners' D and then when it's time to air it out and put a bunch of points on the board, the Chiefs offense will take over and move the ball at will.
You're probably right. I have no faith in Jimmy, but should they match up, I do think the Niners will just run power in the 4th Q this time and eat up as much clock as possible. Chiefs interior defense isn't as good as it was then. That said, go Cincy! Would much rather see Burrow than Mahomes.

You're probably right. I have no faith in Jimmy, but should they match up, I do think the Niners will just run power in the 4th Q this time and eat up as much clock as possible. Chiefs interior defense isn't as good as it was then. That said, go Cincy! Would much rather see Burrow than Mahomes.
kind of what i was thinking too.

I found myself trying to imagine the 9ers defense trying to stop either qb last night. I wonder if they could have? That pace was absolutely frenetic and both QB's were getting huge chunks of yards. I wonder if our 2ndary could have slowed that down?

kind of what i was thinking too.

I found myself trying to imagine the 9ers defense trying to stop either qb last night. I wonder if they could have? That pace was absolutely frenetic and both QB's were getting huge chunks of yards. I wonder if our 2ndary could have slowed that down?
I think the Niners D would have done better, but that's not really saying much when they scored 25 points under 2 mins. Lolzzz. That game went haywire.

I think the key is the Niners DL. Then run a nickle defense and dare KC to run. But even then it'll be a lonnggg day. Mahomes likely gets 60 yards on the ground slithering and running for 5 to 10 yard gains.

We have seen an example of what mahomes can do while facing a great defense after being stopped the majority of a game. Niners last SB against KC. When that guy is in a zone there may be no stopping him. Mahomes may be peaking at just the right time. Yes, I am looking past the rams which is not a good idea at all! This rams team will be more motivated that even the last time we played them. The niners will have to be on top of their game on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.