[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
As much as I like Boogie, our problems are mostly at the defensive end and with all of his injuries he's not going to be much help there. I'd rather see those C minutes go to Jones and Queta even if they only score 5-10 points per game. If we continue giving up easy baskets in the paint every game it really doesn't matter what else we do because best case we're going to be fighting to win nail biters when our offense is on and we'll be getting blown out when it isn't.

If we make the Playoffs next year, that means we'd be more exciting to watch in the regular season, that could potentially mean the year after next we could have a chance to host the All-Star Game?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If we make the Playoffs next year, that means we'd be more exciting to watch in the regular season, that could potentially mean the year after next we could have a chance to host the All-Star Game?
I think it's more of an infrastructure issue than an arena/excitement issue at this point.

Sacramento just doesn't have enough hotel rooms/convention space to be a viable host for all-star weekend at this current juncture, though considering we're but two hours away from San Francisco and the Tahoe area I'm not sure why that's as big of an issue as it always gets reported as being.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If I recall correctly, the NBA cited insufficient "luxury" hotel space in Sacramento as the reason that they did not give us an All-Star Game. I doubt that has changed enough to have them reverse that decision.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think it's more of an infrastructure issue than an arena/excitement issue at this point.

Sacramento just doesn't have enough hotel rooms/convention space to be a viable host for all-star weekend at this current juncture, though considering we're but two hours away from San Francisco and the Tahoe area I'm not sure why that's as big of an issue as it always gets reported as being.
What he said while I was writing mine.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I was "lucky" enough to catch that game live.

Actually pretty wild, and by the end of it I wasnt even mad, more appreciative of the spectacle of a historic scoring display.