Trade targets

The Sacramento Kings organization has a current mindset: They are not trading guard De’Aaron Fox, sources tell The Athletic.
55 mins ago – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

The Kings remain active in trade conversations, informing teams in the marketplace that they want to build around Fox and second-year guard Tyrese Haliburton, sources said. The Kings have informed Fox and his representation, agent Chris Gaston of Family First Sports, that they do not want to trade him and want to center the team around him and Haliburton. Team sources said any potential deal around Fox for Pacers center Domantas Sabonis will not happen.

How bad do the Sacramento Kings want Ben Simmons? Multiple sources previously said the Western Conference team was willing to complete a deal for Simmons and Tobias Harris. And the Kings still have interest in acquiring the 76ers’ two highest-paid players, according to sources.
2 hours ago – via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

So Shams says No Fox, No Hali, but we are still willing to take both Simmons and Tobias

So:
Harris, Simmons, Drummond, Isiah Joe 72M for Buddy,Barnes,Bagley,TT 64M, 1strd 25 unprot

Saves Phil lots of money now and in future

Fox,Mitchell,Ramsey
Hali, TD, Joe
Simmons,Harkless,King,Woodard
Harris, Metu
Holmes, Drummond,Len,Jones,Queta

We continue to suck this yr, get a good pick in Draft

This summer we drop Ramsey,Woodard,Drummond next yr Pick up a 1st,2-2nd rd

Last edited:
Would a lineup of Hali/Westbrook/Warren/Sabonis/Len? Make the play in?

They would play into the lottery only. Is warren better than barnes? No. Currently westbrook isnt better thsn fox, but is more ball dominant that fox which isnt really working with hali so putting fox on steroids (westbrook) isnt gonna fair better. Sabonis with len and westbrook seems like a spacing nightmare.

The Sacramento Kings organization has a current mindset: They are not trading guard De’Aaron Fox, sources tell The Athletic.

The Kings remain active in trade conversations, informing teams in the marketplace that they want to build around Fox and second-year guard Tyrese Haliburton, sources said. The Kings have informed Fox and his representation, agent Chris Gaston of Family First Sports, that they do not want to trade him and want to center the team around him and Haliburton. Team sources said any potential deal around Fox for Pacers center Domantas Sabonis will not happen.

How bad do the Sacramento Kings want Ben Simmons? Multiple sources previously said the Western Conference team was willing to complete a deal for Simmons and Tobias Harris. And the Kings still have interest in acquiring the 76ers’ two highest-paid players, according to sources.
2 hours ago – via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

So Shams says No Fox, No Hali, but we are still willing to take both Simmons and Tobias

So:
Harris, Simmons, Drummond, Isiah Joe 72M for Buddy,Barnes,Bagley,TT 64M, 1strd 25 unprot

Saves Phil lots of money now and in future

Fox,Mitchell,Ramsey
Hali, TD, Joe
Simmons,Harkless,King,Woodard
Harris, Metu
Holmes, Drummond,Len,Jones,Queta

We continue to suck this yr, get a good pick in Draft

This summer we drop Ramsey,Woodard,Drummond next yr Pick up a 1st,2-2nd rd
I think that line up fair bit better than current one. The issue though is no spacing with fox and simmons together especially with harris shooting as poorly as he has been. So ultimately the result is as you said

With that said, latest from Amik says they arent interested in taking back Harris. So as always we dont know what the hell to think.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/01/kings-tell-deaaron-fox-they-dont-want-to-trade-him.html

You know if we get Harris and Simmons and Thybulle and we lose Fox and for that matter Hield, our offense is going to suck so bad. And if Barnes is also gone, then we are talking losing the 3 guys who are willing to take that last shot or have the ball in crunch time.

But we will have Halliburton and then we can all pass the ball around like the team in Hoosiers and run the picket fence and share the ball….yay.
And we can start blaming Hali for everything.

dude12

Hall of Famer
And we can start blaming Hali for everything.
Oh, you know it as well as I that if we don’t win if Fox is gone then people will turn on Hali for not being selfish enough of a scorer, not good on defense, etc.

Always has to be the best players fault, never mind the pieces around them and or coaching is not up to snuff.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If report is true that they want to build around Fox and Hali then thank god. We have something working with those 2, we just need both to improve on areas of their game and then add one more legit guy using other pieces and picks (Simmons, Sabonis, Grant, etc) and add some defensive players to fill it out.

And then nail the next coaching hire like Memphis did.

The Kings are going to miss out on everyone that matters and end up panic overpaying for a low-impact loser level player like Jerami Grant. I can’t wait.
Grant would be a terrific pickup if they are trying to go out there and improve but what does overpaying mean? A top 8 protected pick and someone like Buddy or a package of other picks for Buddy would be a good deal considering the Kings limited options otherwise. Monte has only spent time building 2 players and those are the ones they don't want to trade. So far this has the makings of a terrible FO putting stuff out in the sheets so when they fall flat this time they can pronounce how genius it was to sit some more.

I really hope we don't trade for Simmons. This guy needs the ball, and so does Hali. This team wouldn't have working pieces. Overall player talent would be much higher than team talent. We would continue to suck with Simmons.

You know if we get Harris and Simmons and Thybulle and we lose Fox and for that matter Hield, our offense is going to suck so bad. And if Barnes is also gone, then we are talking losing the 3 guys who are willing to take that last shot or have the ball in crunch time.

But we will have Halliburton and then we can all pass the ball around like the team in Hoosiers and run the picket fence and share the ball….yay.
LOL pretty much my thoughts. It’ll be hilarious when everyone suggests we need a player that can break down a defense like Fox and actually look to score. Defense is super important, but, you do have to put the ball in the basket at some point, too.

If we're really not moving Fox & Haliburton and we're still pursuing a Simmons/Harris deal, perhaps something like this makes everyone happy (or indifferent):

CHA GETS: Richaun Holmes
CHA GIVES: Ish Smith & PJ Washington

PG - Ball / Bouknight
SG - Rozier / Martin
SF - Hayward / Oubre
PF - Bridges / McDaniels / Thor
C - Holmes / Plumlee / Jones / Richards / Carey

DET GETS: Marvin Bagley, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
DET GIVES: Jerami Grant & Kelly Olynyk

PG - Mitchell / Jackson / Joseph
SG - Hayes / Diallo / Lee
SF - Cunningham / Jackson / McGruder
PF - Bey / Lyles / Livers
C - Stewart / Bagley / Garza / Thompson

PHI GETS: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, & PJ Washington
PHI GIVES: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Furkan Korkmaz, & Shake Milton

PG - Maxey / Curry / Springer
SG - Green / Hield / Joe
SF - Barnes / Thybulle
PF - Grant / Washington / Niang / Reed
C - Embiid / Drummond / Bassey

SAC GETS: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Kelly Olynyk, Furkan Korkmaz, Ish Smith, & Shake Milton
SAC GIVES: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Marvin Bagley, Richaun Holmes, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, & 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)

PG - Fox / Milton / Smith
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Simmons / Korkmaz / Harkless
PF - Harris / Metu / Woodard
C - Olynyk / Jones / Len

Philly doesn't get the flashy star they hoped for but Grant, Barnes, Washington, & Hield fit like a glove around Maxey & Embiid. Leaves Maxey & Grant as their #2 & #3 scorers behind Embiid, Barnes is a very capable #4 scorer, and they have plenty of bench scoring across Curry, Hield, & Washington. On the defensive side of the ball, Maxey, Green, Barnes, Grant, & Embiid is likely a top defensive unit (with Thybulle, Washington, & Drummond as solid bench defenders). Floor spacing would also be solid with Maxey, Green, Barnes, & Grant all being able to space the floor for Embiid effectively and then you have Curry & Hield off the bench who are two of the best 3PT shooters in the league (and Washington is no slouch in that department either).

Kings look to build around their young trio of Simmons (25), Fox (24), & Haliburton (21). Harris (although massively overpaid) is still an impactful player on the floor and Olynyk is a crafty stretch 5 in an attempt to space the floor as much as possible for Fox & Simmons. If there is anyway to make a move in the future to bring someone like Turner onboard to pair with Fox, Haliburton, & Simmons long term, that would be pretty exciting to watch. The more realistic option is maybe flipping Harris for Porzingis giving you a stretch 5 that can protect the rim and give you a scoring punch. Maybe a Porzingis/Bullock for Harris deal down the road makes sense and gives us a starting lineup of Fox-Haliburton-Bullock-Simmons-Porzingis.

If we're really not moving Fox & Haliburton and we're still pursuing a Simmons/Harris deal, perhaps something like this makes everyone happy (or indifferent):

CHA GETS: Richaun Holmes
CHA GIVES: Ish Smith & PJ Washington

PG - Ball / Bouknight
SG - Rozier / Martin
SF - Hayward / Oubre
PF - Bridges / McDaniels / Thor
C - Holmes / Plumlee / Jones / Richards / Carey

DET GETS: Marvin Bagley, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)
DET GIVES: Jerami Grant & Kelly Olynyk

PG - Mitchell / Jackson / Joseph
SG - Hayes / Diallo / Lee
SF - Cunningham / Jackson / McGruder
PF - Bey / Lyles / Livers
C - Stewart / Bagley / Garza / Thompson

PHI GETS: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, & PJ Washington
PHI GIVES: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Furkan Korkmaz, & Shake Milton

PG - Maxey / Curry / Springer
SG - Green / Hield / Joe
SF - Barnes / Thybulle
PF - Grant / Washington / Niang / Reed
C - Embiid / Drummond / Bassey

SAC GETS: Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Kelly Olynyk, Furkan Korkmaz, Ish Smith, & Shake Milton
SAC GIVES: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Marvin Bagley, Richaun Holmes, Tristan Thompson, Davion Mitchell, & 2022 SAC 1st (Top 4 Protected)

PG - Fox / Milton / Smith
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Simmons / Korkmaz / Harkless
PF - Harris / Metu / Woodard
C - Olynyk / Jones / Len

Philly doesn't get the flashy star they hoped for but Grant, Barnes, Washington, & Hield fit like a glove around Maxey & Embiid. Leaves Maxey & Grant as their #2 & #3 scorers behind Embiid, Barnes is a very capable #4 scorer, and they have plenty of bench scoring across Curry, Hield, & Washington. On the defensive side of the ball, Maxey, Green, Barnes, Grant, & Embiid is likely a top defensive unit (with Thybulle, Washington, & Drummond as solid bench defenders). Floor spacing would also be solid with Maxey, Green, Barnes, & Grant all being able to space the floor for Embiid effectively and then you have Curry & Hield off the bench who are two of the best 3PT shooters in the league (and Washington is no slouch in that department either).

Kings look to build around their young trio of Simmons (25), Fox (24), & Haliburton (21). Harris (although massively overpaid) is still an impactful player on the floor and Olynyk is a crafty stretch 5 in an attempt to space the floor as much as possible for Fox & Simmons. If there is anyway to make a move in the future to bring someone like Turner onboard to pair with Fox, Haliburton, & Simmons long term, that would be pretty exciting to watch. The more realistic option is maybe flipping Harris for Porzingis giving you a stretch 5 that can protect the rim and give you a scoring punch.
Sure, but the Kings need to add two more unprotected firsts to get Philly to even consider it.

Sure, but the Kings need to add two more unprotected firsts to get Philly to even consider it.
So PHI is essentially getting four 1st round picks (Grant being worth two, Barnes worth one, & Washington being worth one) while also shedding the Harris contract. Not sure a non-playing 25 year old star (with the risk of mental health issues impacting his new team) & a massively overpaid Harris are worth six first round picks in value, but perhaps we just differ in our valuations.

So PHI is essentially getting four 1st round picks (Grant being worth two, Barnes worth one, & Washington being worth one) while also shedding the Harris contract. Not sure a non-playing 25 year old star (with the risk of mental health issues impacting his new team) & a massively overpaid Harris are worth six first round picks in value, but perhaps we just differ in our valuations.
Your trade hamstrings Philly and their ability to do a sign and trade for Harden. You really think the Nets are going to gladly take on Buddy, Barnes, Grant, and a Sixers first for Harden? The only incentive they'll have is a boat load of Kings first.

Your trade hamstrings Philly and their ability to do a sign and trade for Harden. You really think the Nets are going to gladly take on Buddy, Barnes, Grant, and a Sixers first for Harden? The only incentive they'll have is a boat load of Kings first.
Why would a team with Durant, Irving, & Harris be interested in getting 1sts for Harden? Doesn't make sense. They'd want to compete now. Maxey, Curry, Green, Hield, Barnes, Thybulle, Grant, & Washington would be quite the buffet for BKN to choose from.

Why would a team with Durant, Irving, & Harris be interested in getting 1sts for Harden? Doesn't make sense. They'd want to compete now. Maxey, Curry, Green, Hield, Barnes, Thybulle, Grant, & Washington would be quite the buffet for BKN to choose from.
Maxey and Thybulle? You really think that's going to be enough? It won't.

That said, your trade will never happen. It's fantasy.

Maxey and Thybulle? You really think that's going to be enough? It won't.

That said, your trade will never happen. It's fantasy.
I think you missed the rest of the players I posted. I'll post it again: Maxey, Curry, Green, Hield, Barnes, Thybulle, Grant, & Washington

I think you missed the rest of the players I posted. I'll post it again: Maxey, Curry, Green, Hield, Barnes, Thybulle, Grant, & Washington
Outside of Grant, those players don't have long term value to the Nets. They're just salary filler that they'll have to cut and eat their salaries. I mean, money may just be a number to you, but those owners are going to have to pay it. Or will the NBA expand rosters so that the Nets can do a 1 for 8 trade?

Outside of Grant, those players don't have long term value to the Nets. They're just salary filler that they'll have to cut and eat their salaries. I mean, money may just be a number to you, but those owners are going to have to pay it. Or will the NBA expand rosters so that the Nets can do a 1 for 8 trade?
No, there are quite a few players that would have long term value to the Nets in that list.

No, I never said to propose a 1 for 8 player trade. I said they have a buffet of players to choose from.

I want to see what happens if no team is willing to give what the Sixers are asking for...and they have to start next season with Simmons still on their roster. Just leave him there.
Morey better be real careful. If and when the Sixers go into the playoffs with no Simmons and don't come back with a ring Philly will have his head.

Just wanted to share Daryl Morey's interview with a local radio host that was posted today.

Basically they are now looking for a top 40 player so it seems that their expectations are coming down a bit publicly now.

The Kings were mentioned a couple times, he said there are some deals with the Kings that would definitely work, but I got the impression that a 3rd team may be involved.

Curious to hear your thoughts

A Hield Barnes Haliburton and 2 1st round picks for Simmons Harris and Thybulle was thrown into the convo but Morey kind of diverted.

I think they discussed it though

dude12

Hall of Famer

Just wanted to share Daryl Morey's interview with a local radio host that was posted today.

Basically they are now looking for a top 40 player so it seems that their expectations are coming down a bit publicly now.

The Kings were mentioned a couple times, he said there are some deals with the Kings that would definitely work, but I got the impression that a 3rd team may be involved.

Curious to hear your thoughts

A Hield Barnes Haliburton and 2 1st round picks for Simmons Harris and Thybulle was thrown into the convo but Morey kind of diverted.

I think they discussed it though
Harris contract is really bad. Take the contract away and I like the player, add the contract and it’s a semi-negative contract. Simmons v Halliburton…….if you take into consideration the contracts and that Hali is still improving, I’m just not so sure this is worth it at all on Sac’s part.

Harris contract is really bad. Take the contract away and I like the player, add the contract and it’s a semi-negative contract. Simmons v Halliburton…….if you take into consideration the contracts and that Hali is still improving, I’m just not so sure this is worth it at all on Sac’s part.
For us, it's only a negative contract if it keeps us from being able to sign players from our core.

We can't sign free agents worth a damn anyway so we're kind of in a weird situation where contracts like his don't hurt us as badly as it would a bigger market team.

I don't follow the team financials closely so I don't know if it would be a good idea or bad idea, just something to consider.

It would be just like this organization to finally get a quality player later in the first round at #12....and then trade him the next season for a guy who quit on his team and can't shoot. What a wonderful idea

I want to see what happens if no team is willing to give what the Sixers are asking for...and they have to start next season with Simmons still on their roster. Just leave him there.
If that happens there is still a chance that a Fox type is available imo. Or say Kyrie maybe. Sign and trade for Beal? I think he would still find value in the off-season

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If Fox is involved in a deal, it has to be for a player like Jaylen Brown or Anthony Edwards. If you want Simmons, you start by trading the 5th offensive option on this team (Metu? LOL) and throw in Buddy, Marv, TT whatever other detritus you've got to make it done. Personally, I wouldn't trade Barnes for Simmons, much less Fox. Simmons has been playing with a great center who actually can shoot outside as well as inside in order to complement Simmons terrible shooting. The Kings don't have such luxury. Simmons is fools gold.

Kings need to talk to the Warriors about their young talent. It's championship or bust for the Warriors and youngster don't cut it in the playoffs.

It definitely is NOT worth the FRPs that the Kings would (reportedly) have to give up.