NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, Antonio Brown is attempting to break out his “Get out of NFL Free Agency Jail via Tom Brady” card once again.

“I love Tom,” Brown said. “That’s my guy. Don’t get it twisted. A lot of words were took out of substance. Tom is one of my true friends in the midst of adversity that was there for me, so don’t get it twisted about nothing with Tom Brady.”
I hope Brady tells him to shove it this time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Bills won't be fun - they're gonna have a chip on their shoulder......Chiefs defense arent' gonna contain the Bills - I see a score fest.
Anything would be funnier than this week of football. The Niners and Bengal games are the only one that’s been moderately interesting and both were sloppy as hell.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seeing other team’s fanbases on Twitter talking about getting JimmyG fills my heart with joy. Y’all’s inadequate (though extremely handsome) problem then!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Seeing other team’s fanbases on Twitter talking about getting JimmyG fills my heart with joy. Y’all’s inadequate (though extremely handsome) problem then!
We all like to complain about him but the dude is an upgrade for a lot of teams' QB rooms out there. He has his limitations but he's also better than Taysom Hill, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, and like a half dozen other starting QBs on bad teams that are desperately looking to upgrade (tell me the Steelers wouldn't at least be more interesting to watch with Jimmy out there instead of 40-year-old noodle-armed fat Big Ben).

Cowboys media ragging on McCarthy

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-m...t-answering-familiar-questions-053255807.html

Seeing his face get red was amusing. Used to really dislike Cowboys but now just another team. Lots of holding and false start penalties.
Game would not have been close for 2 errant throws - mainly the Interception but also a gimme to Aiyuk which if thrown well, would've resulted in at least a FG try as he had quite a bit of space. Minus FG kicking, 49ers special teams suck.

Grades for 49ers - Offense - B, Defense A, Special Teams C-
Grades for Dallas - Defense C-, Offense C Special Teams A

Anything would be funnier than this week of football. The Niners and Bengal games are the only one that’s been moderately interesting and both were sloppy as hell.
We knew the Chiefs game was gonna be uncompetitive, but the Eagles and especially the Pansies were surprising to be sewage. Tonight's game should partly make up. How about all the Superbowl talk earlier for the Cardinals mid season. 50/50 game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We all like to complain about him but the dude is an upgrade for a lot of teams' QB rooms out there. He has his limitations but he's also better than Taysom Hill, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, and like a half dozen other starting QBs on bad teams that are desperately looking to upgrade (tell me the Steelers wouldn't at least be more interesting to watch with Jimmy out there instead of 40-year-old noodle-armed fat Big Ben).
I guess being better than the zeroes across the league is fine, but you know his mistakes are just going to end another season in heartbreak. Just wait until he throws 8 yards over someone in GB but we lose this time. Then throws an INT and Shanahan goes conservative because he can’t trust his QB.

Jim seems to be a great guy. And clearly an amazing leader to have the guys rally around his subpar play for so long, but the ability just isn’t enough to get over the hump. Bring on Trey. I don’t even know if he’s better, but there’s a chance and that’s all I need.

ESPN losing their collective minds over the Cowboys loss. Zero talk about the Niners. All the talk is about what went wrong with Dallas.
Always cracks me up when the media favorite team loses. I'll never forget the 2010 playoffs when the Giants beat the stacked Phillies and everything was just about how the Phillies are choking, why they're giving away the series, etc.

Always cracks me up when the media favorite team loses. I'll never forget the 2010 playoffs when the Giants beat the stacked Phillies and everything was just about how the Phillies are choking, why they're giving away the series, etc.
Yep ESPN is always so blatantly obvious with their biases. I only tune in to watch them cry about things.

I guess being better than the zeroes across the league is fine, but you know his mistakes are just going to end another season in heartbreak. Just wait until he throws 8 yards over someone in GB but we lose this time. Then throws an INT and Shanahan goes conservative because he can’t trust his QB.

Jim seems to be a great guy. And clearly an amazing leader to have the guys rally around his subpar play for so long, but the ability just isn’t enough to get over the hump. Bring on Trey. I don’t even know if he’s better, but there’s a chance and that’s all I need.
I'd call his play close to par, sometimes subpar and definitely interception prone - he's a middle of the pack QB in the league - closest similar QB is Kirk Cousins - both badly overpaid.

If Garrapolo lifts the team to the Superbowl will say he earned his last contract year next year - but that's like a 2-10 chance - Rogers is a good chunk better than Prescott, and its really gonna depend on the new injuries to Bosa and Warner -especially Warner......in Garrapolo defense he had a little better game but his mistakes were close to costing the team. Against the Packers, he can't have any turnovers. This year the defense isn't as good as their Superbowl team and they're missing Mostert for homerun hitting. Thats a tall order for Garrapolo as the Packers defense is also better than the last couple seasons.

The Bills Chiefs game is SuperBowl 2 as the winner will likely be the Superbowl winner this year imo

ESPN losing their collective minds over the Cowboys loss. Zero talk about the Niners. All the talk is about what went wrong with Dallas.
Of course - Americas team....Cowboys didn't show up - that simple.....49ers were clearly lit for the game. Cowboys defense didn't even play as well as the Rams defense have against 49ers.

I'd call his play close to par, sometimes subpar and definitely interception prone - he's a middle of the pack QB in the league - closest similar QB is Kirk Cousins - both badly overpaid.

If Garrapolo lifts the team to the Superbowl will say he earned his last contract year next year - but that's like a 2-10 chance - Rogers is a good chunk better than Prescott, and its really gonna depend on the new injuries to Bosa and Warner -especially Warner......in Garrapolo defense he had a little better game but his mistakes were close to costing the team. Against the Packers, he can't have any turnovers. This year the defense isn't as good as their Superbowl team and they're missing Mostert for homerun hitting. Thats a tall order for Garrapolo as the Packers defense is also better than the last couple seasons.

The Bills Chiefs game is SuperBowl 2 as the winner will likely be the Superbowl winner this year imo
I actually think the Niners can beat the Packers, but am staying away from betting, because I just don’t trust Jimmy G. No lead or point spread is safe with him as the QB. The Niners can run and rush the qb. Perfect for the cold and against Rodgers. If I do end up playing, might play the under, because I think it’s going to be a grind with tons of interior running. AJ Dillon gives GB a tough, interior running game that they haven’t had in previous years.

The team that I do not want to see is the Cards. Mobile QBs have always given the Niners issues.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Shanahan doesn't get nearly enough credit for how good of a coach he is.
While I generally agree, there are times he baffles me. There were games earlier this year where none of the well-designed run plays we expect to see were even attempted in the first half - it was just more basic stuff that really wasn't getting anywhere. Maybe that was by design? But it seems like sometimes the team is on cruise control a bit (not in a good way) until they change up the play calling and start playing smarter.

To be fair, A LOT went wrong with Dallas in that game. From the 900 penalty yards to the 5 sacks and 7 QB pressures, to the ridiculous 20 yard run up the middle with 16 seconds on the clock which effectively ended the game. If Shanahan hadn't made the dumb decision not to go for it on 4th and 1 with a 6 point lead, 3 minutes on the clock, and Dallas holding 3 TOS and then another dumb decision to call a timeout and put Trent Williams in motion for no reason on a 4th and inches QB sneak to seal the game which Jimmy would have had easily I might be a little salty about the Niners getting overlooked for playing well. We got lucky. Dallas was one big play away from knocking us out of the playoffs and we would only have ourselves to blame for prying the door open for them.

Kyler is straight up crying. Lmao
Maybe he should quit football and give baseball a try? :) Oakland is looking to field a team of all replacement level players next season as they continue to slash payroll while simultaneously raising ticket prices so they could use a new outfielder with a good throwing arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.