[Game] Kings vs Rockets, 1/14/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we sure about trading Bagley? Last couple games looking pretty good.
I feel like people don't like Bagley because of the whole Bagley camp drama but honestly he's 22 years old, has massively improved on defense, works hard, and is talented on offense.

Trade him why ? It really doesn't make sense, again, Kings are in no position to be selling low on players like him, no free agent is coming here.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I realize that the Kings are supposed to be the franchise in disarray but I'm confused how Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, and DJ Augustin are still on the Rockets, let alone playing major minutes in crunch time for them.

Also, they've still gotta figure out how they're gonna get rid of John Wall's contract.
That Houston team is a mess. I like some of their players individually but they don't feel like they're one, two, or three solid draft picks away from being competitive. I don't know if any of these players will still be there the next time they have a winning season.

I realize that the Kings are supposed to be the franchise in disarray but I'm confused how Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, and DJ Augustin are still on the Rockets, let alone playing major minutes in crunch time for them.

Also, they've still gotta figure out how they're gonna get rid of John Wall's contract.
The Rockets are starting to do it right though. Get another super high pick or two then see. If anything they are probably the warning label to not get too desperate to win now. The Kings haven't gotten to Russ level of desperate at least. Then again, the deadline approaches.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I feel like people don't like Bagley because of the whole Bagley camp drama but honestly he's 22 years old, has massively improved on defense, works hard, and is talented on offense.

Trade him why ? It really doesn't make sense, again, Kings are in no position to be selling low on players like him, no free agent is coming here.
Yeah, he's starting to look like a guy we should keep. The way he can defend bigs and wings under the basket and also out on the floor is pretty impressive. He's made major strides in the last year.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Honestly, they really don't have to get rid of the contract. It comes off the books after next year, and they have literally nobody who needs to get paid for two years. They're clear of that deal before Wood comes up. I don't see them being a big factor in free agency this summer anyway. They may just eat that thing unless somebody gets silly and takes it off their hands.

The Kings only have a QO on him. And honestly, relative to how they've used him it's more than his value. Take the QO and then destiny is in his hands. It's a mess. Overpay, wait for someone else to? Have another team sell him on a spot and it gets sticky.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Honestly, they really don't have to get rid of the contract. It comes off the books after next year, and they have literally nobody who needs to get paid for two years. They're clear of that deal before Wood comes up. I don't see them being a big factor in free agency this summer anyway. They may just eat that thing unless somebody gets silly and takes it off their hands.
They don't really need to but at the same time, Wall still could possibly be a useful player for a contender and they could really use that cap space to take on bad contracts for draft assets like OKC is famous for doing. It arguably doesn't matter since they have control of their own pick/will be bad enough that the protections kick in on their picks for the next couple of seasons but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Kings only have a QO on him. And honestly, relative to how they've used him it's more than his value. Take the QO and then destiny is in his hands. It's a mess. Overpay, wait for someone else to? Have another team sell him on a spot and it gets sticky.
In all honesty, having another team dictate Bagley's market value in RFA probably isn't that bad a move considering the alternative. Would be preferable to a blind overpay/gives us more flexibility in the longterm than just having him on the QO.

Plus, with Walton gone and Gentry actually seemingly interested in using Marvin, his camp has pretty much gone completely silent and he's just playing basketball for the first time in his career.

Rockets hung on just a tad too long and screwed themselves.

Some of it is we have Hali and Metu on the floor. Marvin plays better with a point guard and as Fox himself said in the Hayes interview he is really a scorer. Metu opens up space for Bagley around the hoop.
This is correct.

Regardless of what's listed on the starting lineup card says, Bagley has been playing the 5/guarding the 5, and Metu has been the stretch 4 more often than the other way around. The best thing about that combo is they are interchangeable within the flow of the offense. Holmes isn't as versatile on the offensive end, which relegates Marvin to sitting in the corner to give Holmes space.

Status
Not open for further replies.