Kayte Christensen

I don't care how it sounds. Can someone tell kayte to keep her comments to reasonable lengths? There was one sequence where a kings player scored and she was still talking about Tobias Harris being a great player until we scored again. You could hear Mark (who isnt great either) trying to interject for quite some time. Hard to watch. So sorry.

I don't care how it sounds. Can someone tell kayte to keep her comments to reasonable lengths? There was one sequence where a kings player scored and she was still talking about Tobias Harris being a great player until we scored again. You could hear Mark (who isnt great either) trying to interject for quite some time. Hard to watch. So sorry.
I enjoy and respect her commentary but have to agree that she could be more brief in making her points while the game is in progress. Save the extended discussions for free throws, time outs, routine in-bounds, and the like.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I enjoy and respect her commentary but have to agree that she could be more brief in making her points while the game is in progress.
I feel like most fans of Kayte Christensen on commentary will agree that she needs to learn to be more concise, in-game. Mileage varies on whether or not she should have gotten the hang of it, already, with fifty-one games under her belt, without the benefit of being able to establish a cadence or rhythm with the part-time play-by-play announcer.

I feel like most fans of Kayte Christensen on commentary will agree that she needs to learn to be more concise, in-game. Mileage varies on whether or not she should have gotten the hang of it, already, with fifty-one games under her belt, without the benefit of being able to establish a cadence or rhythm with the part-time play-by-play announcer.
I've periodically monitored the discussion regarding Kayte's color commentary throughout the season.

Kayte doesn't give you the folksy humor of Jerry R. or the whimsical cheerleading of Doug.

What I like about Kayte the most is that I find that she teaches the game. This is important to me as not only a fan, but a student of the game. Maybe it has to do with, Kayte being a former player, that played "Below the rim" having learned more about team first concepts including team defense, offensive execution, rather than just one on one, hoisting a three or the dunk.

In addition, I notice other complementary commentators like Doris and Kara Lawson that I too am impressed with. Again, I think that it is partly because they were taught to understand how to best play within a team concept.

As a result, these individual commentors give me so much more than rah-rah types.

I am a huge fan of Kaytes.

Last edited: