[Game] Kings vs. Magic, 12/9/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah that's my thinking is you can kind of mini hedge the reset/go for the playoffs. TD, Metu, Bagley, Mitchell all being young guys that are starting to come on and can be apart of a future core, but if they're giving you a good chunk of the Buddy/Barnes production, it just makes more sense to give them the run so they can develop further and at a fraction of the cost. Like the Metu/Bagley defense at the 4 has been legit good throughout this whole stretch and Bagley has been super efficient with his scoring/shooting. TD has to find some sort of consistency and he's not the shooter that Buddy is, but I think he's got more upside on defense and just as an overall scorer as we've seen this last few games where him being red hot has basically made Buddy's cold streak a non-story.

I don't know what those trades look like exactly, but the Barnes for Pat Williams/Derrick Jones Jr one that was floating around here looked phenomenal for both sides. The Bulls give themselves a legit 2-3 year championship window with Barnes and plug basically the only hole in their rotation with Pat Williams hurt for the most of the season/still young. Kings get a future piece at a major position of need while still getting a good role playing wing 3/4 flex in DJJ that can help the team now.
At this point, who do you think is better - TD or Buddy? If I had to make that choice, I'd say TD because like you say he has more defensive upside. I think TD also has more IQ upside than Buddy, but that's not saying much I guess. Lastly, at 28 years old Buddy is pretty much what you see is what you get. TD is only 24. We still haven't seen what his ceiling could be.

At this point, who do you think is better - TD or Buddy? If I had to make that choice, I'd say TD because like you say he has more defensive upside. I think TD also has more IQ upside than Buddy, but that's not saying much I guess. Lastly, at 28 years old Buddy is pretty much what you see is what you get. TD is only 24. We still haven't seen what his ceiling could be.
Other then shooting TD is the better player imo. Younger, better defender, slasher, longer wingspan

Status
Not open for further replies.