[Game] Kings vs. Sixers, 11/22/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Watch the Kings Lakers game from last year where Halliburton ran the team and the Kings won. I think Halliburton and Fox are a bad fit for whatever reason.
The reason is that they are both ball handling point guards. Neither one is a shooting guard.

At this point I would stagger them in the lineups more. Start Hield with Fox

The reason is that they are both ball handling point guards. Neither one is a shooting guard.

At this point I would stagger them in the lineups more. Start Hield with Fox
And play Mitchell where? Neither Fox nor Hield are plus defenders. The problem here is the fit is horrible. We have a 2+2 equals 3 scenario and that situation is on Monte. Neither Fox or Mitchell are above average passers either so that only complicates the situation.

And play Mitchell where? Neither Fox nor Hield are plus defenders. The problem here is the fit is horrible. We have a 2+2 equals 3 scenario and that situation is on Monte. Neither Fox or Mitchell are above average passers either so that only complicates the situation.
Feels increasingly likely that Fox could end up the odd man out. Amick article from this morning makes me think the FO might be moving that direction as well, or at least considering it

The problem is Mitchell can't hit a open shot to save his life. Nobody expected him to be this bad on open 3s. I think its thrown the whole plan off. Can't have two bad 3 point shooters on the court at same time. Burg Also has been playing some of the worst def I've seen. His weight is a issue he's getting punked out there.

I'm with you, but what I'm seeing is that the ball is not going through the hoop often enough

The problem is Mitchell can't hit a open shot to save his life. Nobody expected him to be this bad on open 3s. I think its thrown the whole plan off. Can't have two bad 3 point shooters on the court at same time. Burg Also has been playing some of the worst def I've seen. His weight is a issue he's getting punked out there.
nobody?…. Most people involved in Analytics have shown college free throw shooting is more predictive of NBA 3 point shooting than college 3 point shooting. Mitchell has done nothing to change that data.

nobody?…. Most people involved in Analytics have shown college free throw shooting is more predictive of NBA 3 point shooting than college 3 point shooting. Mitchell has done nothing to change that data.
I called out a 30% tops 3pt shot coming out of college this year to the gasps of some people.

Then I changed my mind a bit after seeing how good his jumper looked in summer league. Hoping he can get that stroke back.

Feels increasingly likely that Fox could end up the odd man out. Amick article from this morning makes me think the FO might be moving that direction as well, or at least considering it
Fox contract being what it is means we can get fair value in return if another team feels they need him. Otherwise we have to package multiple guys and probably get a crappy draft pick and role player for Mitchell or Haliburton due to their salary structure.

I am not in the Fox hate camp at all. I love that he has shown love to the city and it wouldn't be terrible to reward him by sending him to a playoff level team in exchange for an upgrade on Harkless plus multiple firsts. We will "lose" this deal short term but if Monte can make competent talent evaluations in the 10-20 range we'll be ok long term. Plus hopefully get a high pick this next year while we figure out how to make a Mitchell/Haliburton/Buddy rotation work (and hopefully this allows us to sell Buddy high at the deadline).