[Game] Kings vs. Warriors, 10/24/21, 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Fox is your best player? ouch.

Halliburton looks like more of a leader than Fox. But I don't watch a lot of kings games so I'm probably missing a lot.
My #HotTake has been that Hali would end up better than Fox. It’s super early obviously and I think he’ll come around, but he’s been pretty bad so far this season. Doesn’t at all look like the same guy from last year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox is your best player? ouch.

Halliburton looks like more of a leader than Fox. But I don't watch a lot of kings games so I'm probably missing a lot.
Fox was one of the top clutch scorers in the league last season and finished at the rim at a historic rate achieved only by big men and Lebron. Don’t let the Kangziness distract you from the fact the dude put up D-Rose MVP season numbers last season.

Yeh it sucks when your best player only averaged 25 and 7 last year at the age of 23 and is forecasted by many around the league to make the all star team. Ouch indeed.
I really don't understand posts like these. If anything, you're making the point of why it's so frustrating that he's been poopoo this season. If there's one guy you should be relying on to give you consistent performances it should be said franchise player forecasted to make the all star team. If Fox gives us 25 and 7 with <2 TOs these last two games we'd probably have won.

If Ja or Trae played like this Tetsu would be all up in his snarkiness talking about how crap they were compared to Fox.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I really don't understand posts like these. If anything, you're making the point of why it's so frustrating that he's been poopoo this season. If Ja or Trae played like this Tetsu would be all up in his snarkiness talking about how crap they were compared to Fox.
This season has only been going for half a week, my dude. You out here trying to trade a dude for a pile of rocks over three games, the first of which he still dropped 28 in. I never said Trae and Ja garbage neither. I just said they and Fox at the same level.

This season has only been going for half a week, my dude. You out here trying to trade a dude for a pile of rocks over three games, the first of which he still dropped 28 in. I never said Trae and Ja garbage neither. I just said they and Fox at the same level.
WHO THE HELL IS TRYING TO TRADE HIM?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
WHO THE HELL IS TRYING TO TRADE HIM?
Ahem,

Table next to me at my local sports bar filled with 6 warrior fans wondering why the kings are building their team around Fox. As an outsider I've wondered this for a while now. Fox doesn't look like a leader. You guys could get some serious pieces if you traded him.
Realistic question. What team is trading for DeAaron Fox and what do they give up? I'm a big Fox fan, but the guy has major liabilities with his game, namely a bad three point shot, average passing, and below average decision making when attacking the basket. Is there a contender or borderline contender that wants him running their offense with a heavy usage rate attached? Is there a non-contending team that wants to take his contract and build around him with those liabilities?
Probably could have gotten Simmons for Fox. Perhaps we still can.

I am assuming you’ve got some dudes on your ignore list.
All I see is Sactowndog saying that you COULD perhaps get Simmons for Fox (and in any case, it's not as if Sactowndog's opinion has anything to do with Fox's performance this season), and a self-admitted outsider saying that he along with Warriors fans wonder why we are trying to build around Fox.

I really don't understand posts like these. If anything, you're making the point of why it's so frustrating that he's been poopoo this season. If Ja or Trae played like this Tetsu would be all up in his snarkiness talking about how crap they were compared to Fox.
My post was aimed at the former fan who popped in just to troll us.

Fox had a bad game and is not off to a good start but his game has improved every year he has been in the league so I am not worried about him.

there is a lot to fix here but I’m also willing to be patient. Haliburton and Buddy are in new roles, Off night is trying to find balance in his game and pick his spots, Fox is trying to figure out when to takeover and when to get teammates involved. I just think we have to let things settle in. Didn’t help we have a really tough schedule to open the season.

For the record: I clearly care a lot more when it's early in the season and I do my annual exercise of rooting for the Kings until they let me down for the nth consecutive year and then I go to not really caring and just watching out for players I like and joining SLAB in throwing shade at guys and rooting for random scrubs to put up 50.

My #HotTake has been that Hali would end up better than Fox. It’s super early obviously and I think he’ll come around, but he’s been pretty bad so far this season. Doesn’t at all look like the same guy from last year.
Fox will probably erupt for a while sometime soon, same with Haliburton before they slump again for a handful of games. Barnes is going to cool off and Mitchell will likely slump eventually and his offense will look really bad at times.

It all evens out. And the Portland win basically allowed them to tread water and avoid an 0-4 start against tough teams. The real test will ironically come against the likes of the Pacers, and Pelicans and Pistons, and Thunder. We'll see if they lay an egg like they normally do.

As long as Bagley is out of my face, I'm good.

Kings lost that game to a still in his prime star, an aging Draymond, Wiggins, and a bunch G-leaguers. Warriors were handsy and attacked Buddy on the perimeter and collapsed on Fox, when he drove, all night.

Fox had 7 turnovers by himself. The Warriors had 6 total turnovers for the entire game. Your team leader can’t be that stubborn. It’s almost as if he’s trying to test out his new muscles. Fox’s defense, overall, has ticked up a bit, but his shooting and passing remain subpar for a point guard. And he’s still a one speed player. Dude is trying to be the next Westbrook when he should be watching Chris Paul film.

This team is unbalanced. There’s not enough passing, not enough shooting, not enough size, not enough efficiency. My prediction, there will be a major trade. Maybe two. Think McNair washes his hands of the players from Vlade’s regime and think Fox, Buddy, and Bags won’t be on this team by the end of the year.

Kings lost that game to a still in his prime star, an aging Draymond, Wiggins, and a bunch G-leaguers. Warriors were handsy and attacked Buddy on the perimeter and collapsed on Fox, when he drove, all night.

Fox had 7 turnovers by himself. The Warriors had 6 total turnovers for the entire game. Your team leader can’t be that stubborn. It’s almost as if he’s trying to test out his new muscles. Fox’s defense, overall, has ticked up a bit, but his shooting and passing remain subpar for a point guard. And he’s still a one speed player. Dude is trying to be the next Westbrook when he should be watching Chris Paul film.

This team is unbalanced. There’s not enough passing, not enough shooting, not enough size, not enough efficiency. My prediction, there will be a major trade. Maybe two. Think McNair washes his hands of the players from Vlade’s regime and think Fox, Buddy, and Bags won’t be on this team by the end of the year.
this^. It’s not that I don’t like Fox. It’s that I don’t believe Fox and Mitchell are playable together. Their weaknesses are too closely aligned and take away their strengths. Fox and Mitchell so far together are a -6.7. It’s way to early to posit anything conclusively and we will just have to see.

this^. It’s not that I don’t like Fox. It’s that I don’t believe Fox and Mitchell are playable together. Their weaknesses are too closely aligned and take away their strengths. Fox and Mitchell so far together are a -6.7. It’s way to early to posit anything conclusively and we will just have to see.
The player, who has sacrificed the most this season thus far is Haliburton. He's a connector. Gives up a lot of threes, because opponents are running at him, for mid range and passes. I'd rather Hali be the point guard, as I stated in my Fox for Simmons + a first thread, than Fox. Fox has the speed, but Hali has the vision, wiring, passing, and the three point shot. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a workable solution to the Fox, Hali, and Mitchell set up. Of the three, I would trade Fox--salary and play style.

Would be nice if Haliburton could defend. He's a revolving door on the perimeter. Just as bad as Buddy at staying in front of his man.

It's difficult to keep Mitchell off the court if you have to choose between the two at the end of the game. At least you know Mitchell's defense will always be there.

My post was aimed at the former fan who popped in just to troll us.

Fox had a bad game and is not off to a good start but his game has improved every year he has been in the league so I am not worried about him.

there is a lot to fix here but I’m also willing to be patient. Haliburton and Buddy are in new roles, Off night is trying to find balance in his game and pick his spots, Fox is trying to figure out when to takeover and when to get teammates involved. I just think we have to let things settle in. Didn’t help we have a really tough schedule to open the season.
excuse me? Im not trolling. I simply made an observation. No snide comment. MY OPINION is you have a diamond in Halliburton who looks like a true leader in the making. Fox doesn't look like a leader to me. You consider that trolling? whatever........

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
*Goes into restaurant and leaves five gallons of gas, cellphone batteries, and a bunch of dry newspaper balanced precarious next to the deep fryer.*

Well, I didn't start the fire.

excuse me? Im not trolling. I simply made an observation. No snide comment. MY OPINION is you have a diamond in Halliburton who looks like a true leader in the making. Fox doesn't look like a leader to me. You consider that trolling? whatever........
you are no longer a fan and came to the site for what purpose? To tell us that warriors fans at your local sports bar don’t care for Fox and think we should trade him and you agree? Sounds like trolling to me.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Some overreaction with only 3 games on the books and a deadweight coach who’s offense has been complete garbage everywhere but that time he got to autopilot the historically good Warriors squad.

I would say the complaints on Fox’s tunnel vision, weak PG skills, and often suspect defense are valid, but I can’t help but wonder how many of these issues would be corrected with proper coaching, as opposed to whatever buddy buddy “leadership” and “teaching” our young star gets from Luke “I’m friends with Vlade” Walton.

Would be nice if Haliburton could defend. He's a revolving door on the perimeter. Just as bad as Buddy at staying in front of his man.

It's difficult to keep Mitchell off the court if you have to choose between the two at the end of the game. At least you know Mitchell's defense will always be there.
Yeah, been really happy with his growth as a creator on offense and he's a good "free-safety" playing passing lanes, but his on-ball defense has been atrocious and honestly looks like it's taken a step back from last year. Just another reason Davion has become so important to this team; can't have Hali on the elite guards without getting totally cooked at this point.

I do wonder if that elbow to Fox's shoulder by Gobert (his left/shooting arm) has something to do with this. He didn't have a spectacular game against Portland, but he did finish with 27 points on 40% shooting.

The Kings might have put too much pressure on Fox to score by starting a NEW lineup featuring Haliburton instead of Buddy Hield. I think Hield take the burden off of Fox. Haliburton doesn't look to shoot at all or hesitant to shoot and always looking to drive and diss and that's a problem. But at the same time, if you start Buddy, the team's defense drop off significantly because Buddy don't play D at all. So obviously the Kings have a dilemma. They might need to tingle with the lineup further. Maybe starting Fox and Mitchell is better? This allow Mitchell to offset the other team's best player at the start of the game and allow Haliburton to be where he used to be....coming off the bench. Maybe he's a better player coming off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.