NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well I'd say, tank, but the 49ers are giving away their pick - great thinking there lynch.....they've gambled and lost.
They need to develop their QB of the future. Sitting behind a scrub like Jim does nothing for anyone.

I don’t care about the pick. The bed is made with Lance, it’s time to get him the experience he desperately needs

They need to develop their QB of the future. Sitting behind a scrub like Jim does nothing for anyone.

I don’t care about the pick. The bed is made with Lance, it’s time to get him the experience he desperately needs
Problem is I'm not feeling it with Lance either.....got a Kaepernick type-vibe from him - but I agree he should be getting time whatever the outcome try. Might as well put Lance in now.... Garappolo is an expensive backup.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Problem is I'm not feeling it with Lance either.....got a Kaepernick type-vibe from him - but I agree he should be getting time whatever the outcome try. Might as well put Lance in now.... Garappolo is an expensive backup.
I’d take Kap at his worst over what Jim is today. Give me Lance ASAP.

Remember after week one and the hot takers were ready to send Rodgers and his diva attitude to the retirement home? Lols
Packers decent but I dont get the feeling like any team is really dominant this season. - there's a group of 10 or so teams that look good - this year's winner could be any of 6-8 teams really - I like the Bills and Cowboys followed by Bucs, Packers, Cardinals, Rams, then Ravens maybe iin that general order kind of, . The Packers more recently find a way to lose in the Playoffs every year, but I am a bit pleased they blemished the Cardinals who I think have had some shaky wins. They were due a loss.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
the Cardinals who I think have had some shaky wins. They were due a loss.
How they only put up 17 points against the Niners D and almost let Trey Lance win in his first start with Shanahan actively sabotaging the game was something else. I’m so hot/cold on that team and can’t decide who they actually are. Right now I’m running cold on them despite 7-1

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How they only put up 17 points against the Niners D and almost let Trey Lance win in his first start with Shanahan actively sabotaging the game was something else. I’m so hot/cold on that team and can’t decide who they actually are. Right now I’m running cold on them despite 7-1
I mean, the Packers would have lost to Jimmy G were it not for Aaron Rodgers putting on his magician's hat and pulling a game winning drive from out of nowhere.

The only NFC team that has looked legitimately good for most of the season is the Cowboys and their defense is still enough of a question mark for that to be not totally accurate either.

The Cardinals look pretty good, but too green to win a title this year I think....I see them in the divisional maybe having problems. A great year would be bowing out in the NFC Championship game. I like 'em better than other teams - as in they don't annoy me like Rams and especially Seachickens. Seachickens are deep-sixed - will be lucky to win more than 7 games with the injury to Russell.

I’m sorry, but WUT?!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-panthers-willing-trade-christian-031706279.html

Unless Carolina has absolute concrete evidence that every single case against Watson is a false claim (and I really doubt they have this magical file), they are insane if this is remotely true.
McCaffrey's injury concerns are probably the main thing for the Panthers. He's become injury prone. IIRC, he only played 3 games last year because he suffered 3 different injuries. He's got terrible luck, but I don't feel like you can count on his health moving forward.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
McCaffrey's injury concerns are probably the main thing for the Panthers. He's become injury prone. IIRC, he only played 3 games last year because he suffered 3 different injuries. He's got terrible luck, but I don't feel like you can count on his health moving forward.
At the same time though, there is a strong chance that Deshaun Watson never plays a snap of professional football again.

At the same time though, there is a strong chance that Deshaun Watson never plays a snap of professional football again.
I hope that this is the case, but I'm not sure the NFL is willing to ban a 26 year old franchise QB (he's only 1 year younger than Joe Burrow). If he avoids jail time, I could see him facing a 2 year suspension with the NFLPA negotiating this season as part of his sentence.

He's technically not suspended right now. People will overlook anything if you're a star athlete. Ray Lewis with murder, Ben Roethlisberger's sexual assault, etc.

The league is also pretty much ignoring Dan Snyder and the WFT scandal. We'll see what happens. Can't believe teams are still willing to trade for him in the midst of the allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.