Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

gunks

Hall of Famer
I’m still all in on Buddy Bagley and a now protected first.
I was until this latest bit with him claiming mental illness to collect a check while he pouts.

Eff Simmons. Maybe work on your game if you don’t want to be called out for playing like a coward in the POs.

We got a good group of hard working guys on the roster. I’d hate to see all this culture building go …. Down under. Eh? Ehhh?

Wob out here randomly tossing out trade takes for some reason
Both teams would get better immediately. Fox gives Philly the penetrating PG to compliment Embid. Simmons gives the Kings an elite wing defender, who facilitates and gives the Kings more size (Barnes n Simmons n Holmes mixed with the guards) in crunch time. Makes soo much sense.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Both teams would get better immediately. Fox gives Philly the penetrating PG to compliment Embid. Simmons gives the Kings an elite wing defender, who facilitates and gives the Kings more size (Barnes n Simmons n Holmes mixed with the guards) in crunch time. Makes soo much sense.
man, I’ve wanted absolutely nothing to do with this trade for as long as it’s been a rumor.

But I’m starting to come around

I like Fox and think he’s a very good young player. But the longer Monte waits, the likelier the Kings will have to add.
This is literally the opposite. Especially if the Sixers keep winning, is Morey going to give up a chance to boost the roster for a real championship run? Or stay stubborn and hold onto Simmons while the Sixers flame out in the playoffs again?

This is literally the opposite. Especially if the Sixers keep winning, is Morey going to give up a chance to boost the roster for a real championship run? Or stay stubborn and hold onto Simmons while the Sixers flame out in the playoffs again?
Simmons value isn’t dropping anymore than it already has. He’s a bargain right now.

The Kings only ISO scorer is Barnes. Fox hasn’t shown up in crunch time all year.
It’s just 10 games, and the game before Fox was very good.

I’m not for trading Fox but if Monte entertained the thought at some point, why would he limit himself to just looking at Simmons? If Monte is going to pull the trigger, give me Dame Lillard who may want out. And he’s not a wing but that would be who I would go after. Does Boston want to deal either one of their wings? Just saying there is more out there than just Simmons.

I’m not for trading Fox but if Monte entertained the thought at some point, why would he limit himself to just looking at Simmons? If Monte is going to pull the trigger, give me Dame Lillard who may want out. And he’s not a wing but that would be who I would go after. Does Boston want to deal either one of their wings? Just saying there is more out there than just Simmons.
I wish we could find out what exactly is going on with Fox. Did his added weight really kill his speed? Someone else said he only looks to be about 60% as fast as he used to be and I tend to agree. The explosiveness in his first step is almost completely gone compared to what he used to have. Is it a physical thing or a mental thing? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Either way, at this point Simmons' value is so low that the Sixers would have to sweeten the deal if they wanted Fox. Even a straight up trade wouldn't be worth it with all the question marks surrounding him. But now Fox is starting to have question marks of his own.

But you're right, it's not like McNair should only focus on one player when there is a league full of players that could help this team.

I love Dame and he's levels better than Fox, but he doesn't fit this team like the way Simmons fits this team. And Dame is on a different arc, age wise than the rest of the team. Simmons is 25 and fits the Hali, Davion timeline.

As for why not look at others? It's because Simmons is available and his value is at an all time low. Outside of that last playoff series, Simmons was (and still can be) a top 15 player. I like misplaced value plays for my investments. Simmons is a misplaced value play right now. Make the trade, Monte!

And to be clear, I like Fox. But as I said in the very first post, I think this team, long term, is better off with Hali (or Mitchell) being the main decision maker. I made that post before the Kings drafted Mitchell. Having Mitchell just makes losing Fox that much easier.

I'm a big De'Aaron fan. I was hoping he'd take another leap forward this season and vault into all-star status while powering the Kings to a playoff berth. I still hope he breaks out of the slump he's in and that happens.

But as I've said, if the Kings were to trade for Simmons, Fox is the piece to send to Philly. First because Morey won't take a package centered around Buddy and Bagley. But also because Fox and Simmons aren't a good fit. Both are ball dominant players who don't space the floor. Fox is at least a threat from outside while Simmons is a non shooter, but either way even with good shooters at the other wing/guard spots it wouldn't work, especially with Holmes at center. And Richaun has been fantastic so far this year.

Simmons is tough to build around, but the Kings have a pretty good roster to match with his skill set. Mitchell and Hali are both good shooters and CAN run the offense/function as secondary ball handlers, but don't NEED the ball to be effective. Barnes is a switchable 3/4 who can also space the floor and Holmes is the rim running lob threat that is great in the pick and roll.

Holmes
Barnes
Simmons
Haliburton
Mitchell

is a playoff caliber starting five and Hield & Davis provide even more shooting/scoring off the bench. Harkless can spell Barnes and Simmons, and Len/Thompson provide the big body on nights when the Kings play teams with bigger/stronger centers.

You could even finish games against smaller teams/teams that move to a small ball lineup with:

Simmons
Barnes
Hield
Haliburton
Mitchell

Fox is probably the best player Morey could get for Simmons now and he'd be able to save face with that deal. But since the Kings aren't playing Bagley and Simmons' salary is higher than Fox, I'd throw in Marvin and ask for Thybulle or Maxey, preferably Thybulle.

Again, I don't necessarily want to see Fox moved. He's been the biggest bright spot for the Kings for years and actually wants to be in Sacramento. But Simmons makes this team playoff caliber and all of the starting lineup except Barnes would be locked in for 3 years or more. It's definitely worth considering.