Welcome Davion Mitchell

Its not just the defense Davion brings individually. Its that his defensive intensity is infectious. I watched the entire game. When teammates see what Davion is doing, they feel compelled to do the same. They may not have his defensive instincts, etc., but the effort will be there. Conversely, when you see a teammate play with no effort on defense you think to yourself "why should i bother to play D if no one else is". We all know he is not a great fit positionally, but he is a great fit with the attitude he brings and its potential effect on the team.
we’ve learned fit isn’t the important thing especially in today’s modern NBA of positionless basketball. Talent tied with Culture and mentality seems to be more important

I don’t see how you can keep Davion out of the starting line up very long. He’s going to have to be on the floor guarding the hottest starting 1 or 2 every night.

The Kings are going to be employing a lot of 3 guard lineups this year. I hope Hali is hitting the weights, because he’s going to have to play the swing (SF/SG) position, with Davion in there with Fox in the back court.
With his iso tendencies he could be a terrific 6th man in the interim though. Defensively we have to see what he can get away with when things get real. Summer league is different than regular season. Teams are going to be way more focused on sticking him with screens and if he moves up into offensive players like Curry/Bron/PG13/Westbrook off the screen we have to see how tight refs call it. Hopefully he's earning respect already.

With his iso tendencies he could be a terrific 6th man in the interim though. Defensively we have to see what he can get away with when things get real. Summer league is different than regular season. Teams are going to be way more focused on sticking him with screens and if he moves up into offensive players like Curry/Bron/PG13/Westbrook off the screen we have to see how tight refs call it. Hopefully he's earning respect already.
I think it's good he's gotten a lot of national press on twitter and highlights from big outlets for a few of his defensive possessions. Stuff like that shouldn't matter, but I think if he's known nationally as the "lock-down defender" that actually helps with the refs.

this guy gonna be the leader of the Kings by mid season but wouldn’t be surprised if it happens sooner
The thing I love is that Mitchell, Hali, and Fox are all leaders but in very different ways. I know there is a contingent on this site that feel Fox needs to do more, but I feel like he is vocal in his own way. More like a “jump on my back and I will take us home to a win” kind of way. And of course he is a polished team representative from a media perspective. Hali is the intellectual, coach on the court. Mitchell is the dog that will force his will on this team. This trio is our future.

The thing I love is that Mitchell, Hali, and Fox are all leaders but in very different ways. I know there is a contingent on this site that feel Fox needs to do more, but I feel like he is vocal in his own way. More like a “jump on my back and I will take us home to a win” kind of way. And of course he is a polished team representative from a media perspective. Hali is the intellectual, coach on the court. Mitchell is the dog that will force his will on this team. This trio is our future.
couldnt agree more. We finally got the missing piece of the trifecta, the dog that doesn’t back down and barks back. I really feel like Fox has another gear or two that we haven’t seen yet. I’m also waiting for Fox to throw a fat dunk on a premier player in crunch time where, through his play, the team and the fans feel him saying “let’s go we’re leaving basketball hell”

The SL version of the Kings has played defense.
I think it is the precursor of things to come. I cannot imagine poor defenders like Hield and Bagley sticking around or getting much playing time if they do. I can easily imagine a lot of Fox, Halliburton, Mitchell defense plus Barnes and a big guy. It depends on the match-ups, but the 3 guards can score, play defense and handle the ball. Barnes is a good defender. Holmes is better than people think but he had to be the last line of defense last year on a team with as a bad a defense that the NBA has ever seen.

Fox is quick and has great speed. He can change games with his defense. He has been carrying a large offensive load.
If the Kings play better team defense and have more balanced scoring, Fox will naturally have an easier time on defense.
Mitchell may be the leader the Kings really need.

Kings blew the draft again. He's not even a top 13 rookie in summer league. :rolleyes:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/8...gue-2021-las-vegas-rookies-ranked-jalen-green
That's questionable but understandable in relation to pure upside. Some of these other players are putting up numbers and showing star potential. Mitchell helps you win. He's more of a Marcus Smart but hasn't shown he's a superstar to build around by any means. Fine by me, let them put up the numbers and watch the Kings start winning games! Unless the guard lineups work about as well as they did last season, lol. Then there's major work to do.

Ya know .. i was warming up to the idea of keeping Buddy, but i know this is going to happen at least 60 times within the first few weeks of the season and im already annoyed. Monte, please do something.
Plus Buddy’s history of not wanting to come off the bench and him knowing he’s been shopped all summer. Who knows what he might say and do.