2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
I think we are going to end up with TT. I guess let him fight it out with Len for back up minutes while Queta holds a block party in Stockton. Flip him for a couple second rounders at the deadline. Not what I wanted but I’d take it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And Presti is apparently no genius. He just wants to die with the most draft picks.
He has more draft picks than possible roster slots and no sane team is going to trade their top 3 pick with a chance at a superstar for a grab bag of some of the picks that the Thunder have accumulated. I’m not saying they’d just have been better off tanking than doing what they’re doing while gathering all these picks but at a certain point, the sheer weight of these draft assets outweighs their actual benefits.

Can we just sign Jared Vanderbilt already?

Still, there's some names we should be real interested in. Oubre/Winslow/Hart at the top. Valentine and Stan Johnson would still help positionally as potential "buy lows", even though they've been bad for awhile. Diallo would be a decent upside swing with a solid improvement last year.

James Ennis would be a boring no-ceiling vet that we seem to love in Sac. I'm also intriuged by Bonga, who fell out of the WAS rotation after a pretty good 19-20 season. His defensive impact metrics are still really good.

Still, there's some names we should be real interested in. Oubre/Winslow/Hart at the top. Valentine and Stan Johnson would still help positionally as potential "buy lows", even though they've been bad for awhile. Diallo would be a decent upside swing with a solid improvement last year.

James Ennis would be a boring no-ceiling vet that we seem to love in Sac. I'm also intriuged by Bonga, who fell out of the WAS rotation after a pretty good 19-20 season. His defensive impact metrics are still really good.
Lyles went to Detroit.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
He has more draft picks than possible roster slots and no sane team is going to trade their top 3 pick with a chance at a superstar for a grab bag of some of the picks that the Thunder have accumulated. I’m not saying they’d just have been better off tanking than doing what they’re doing while gathering all these picks but at a certain point, the sheer weight of these draft assets outweighs their actual benefits.
Somewhere between 29 and 33 picks in the next 6 years. I'm thinking the NBA is going to have to institute a Presti Rule to counter the Stepien Rule.

if the Kings offer him the MLE and the Wolves take their time deciding to match or not we would be taken out of the running for other players we might like. I suppose that could be a factor

if the Kings offer him the MLE and the Wolves take their time deciding to match or not we would be taken out of the running for other players we might like. I suppose that could be a factor
I suppose, but I find it hard to believe the Wolves match a decent offer at this point. They're already in cap hell, they just traded for a small-ball PF in Prince and they just invested a 1st round pick in Jaden McDaniels that does some of the same things as a versatile 3/4 type player.

I think we are going to end up with TT. I guess let him fight it out with Len for back up minutes while Queta holds a block party in Stockton. Flip him for a couple second rounders at the deadline. Not what I wanted but I’d take it
So on one trade machine when I try and trade TT and another player I get message:

Recently Traded
Tristan Thompson cannot be traded to a team aggregated with other players from his team because 19 days have not passed since he was traded for (Normally 2 months, but shorter due to condensed season). He can only be traded away to a team by himself and other non-player assets from his team (draft picks, cash considerations, etc). This restriction expires after Aug 18, 2021.

So if after 19 days from finalizing the three way trade can we :

Buddy, TT and future 1st to Toronto for Siakum?

Toronto needs a C only 1 yr , would like to reduce Long-term Salary (Buddy less than Siakum), makes time for Scottie Barnes

I suppose, but I find it hard to believe the Wolves match a decent offer at this point. They're already in cap hell, they just traded for a small-ball PF in Prince and they just invested a 1st round pick in Jaden McDaniels that does some of the same things as a versatile 3/4 type player.
if the Wolves don’t plan to sign him maybe a sign and trade for Bagley. They get one more year to evaluate him and get something in return for a player they don’t want

1. Holmes
2. Len
3. Thompson
4. Queta
5. Bagley
*6. Metu
*7. Jones

Granted #5 is worthless, and 6-7 are unguaranteed, but half the roster are bigs.
Happy w/Holmes and Len. Excited about Queta. Very hopeful that Metu can play opposite HB for us. He's athletic w/good lateral movement to defend on the perimeter. Shot solidly from 3 when he got opportunity later last year and showed out for Nigeria in the Olympics. Definitely a bit black-holish, but...

Hafta think Jones is gone.