2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lonzo || Caruso
Lavine || White
DDR
Williams || Thad
Vucevic

Probably still not enough to get them to BKN/Milwaukee level, but that's a damn good team and going to be a hell of an out in the playoffs. Nice, work from the Bulls FO this off-season
Traded Thad to get DeRozan.

The issue’s going to be getting DDR and Lavigne their touches while also not just completely forgetting about Vuc.

Traded Thad to get DeRozan.

The issue’s going to be getting DDR and Lavigne their touches while also not just completely forgetting about Vuc.
Not too worried since DDR has really taken off as a playmaker the last couple seasons. He and Lonzo act as your lead playmakers, Vuc/Lavine your finishers. Just have to stagger them effectively and everyone should still get there touches.

Again, I want to gamble on a potential defensive unicorn. Minny was 5 points better defensively with him on the floor (112 DEF rating On, 117 Def rating off). he's overall ranked 11th on D-LeBron stat. He's overall ranked 19th in the NBA in Defensive Raptor. He's got an amazing motor and finds a way to be impactful without taking touches from your star players. He's 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan and tremendous athleticism.

He can't shoot, but you find ways to work around that on offense if he helps you fix your historically bad defense.
You have sold me but someone needs to sell Monte.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Lonzo || Caruso
Lavine || White
DDR
Williams || Mark
Vuc

Probably still not enough to get them to BKN/Milwaukee level, but that's a damn good team and going to be a hell of an out in the playoffs. Nice, work from the Bulls FO this off-season
I see two (UCLA) Bruins and two (USC) Trojans in that starting lineup and Demar and Vuc were even on the same team (though Vuc played limited minutes off the bench as a freshman). I doubt any of them cares at this point, but it's a funny coincidence.

LA overpaying to keep their only remaining young guy.
Wow. Definitely more than I expected THT to get. But retaining his services and signing Malik Monk are at least the smallest of gestures toward a roster that makes sense for L.A. after acquiring the bevy of fossilized brand names their front office just shepherded to Hollywood.

Well first of all I’m pretty happy with yesterday’s FA signings. Not sure where we’re at with the Holmes contract but anyways glad to have Len back for toughness.
Over here in Australia I watch a lot of the two guys that like beers Kings podcast. They always appear to have a good buzz on going but still entertaining.
They like the TT trade for Wright, both think he brings something, rebounding mostly, so it’s interesting I’m seeing no love here. My concern is Wright might have been better used as a trade chip along with Buddy say for Tobias Harris.
Obviously we need to address the SF position. I like the arguments for Vanderbilt and curious about the Greek kid Papa…. I have cooled on Oubre after reading these boards. Im also thinking with all our added bigs Barnes and Woodard should fill that need even if PF might be Barnes strength.
It’s been an interesting week, looking forward to the end result.