2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
The Cavaliers are preparing an offer in the five-year, $100 million range to center Jarrett Allen, league sources say. Strong signals that Cleveland will re-sign the RFA Allen to pair him with Evan Mobley. Two hours to go before free agency. More from me: marcstein.substack.com

Is this why Holmes "wants" $20?
It baffles me that he will get that contract. Allen is very one dimension AFAIK

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jake Fischer @ Bleacher Report
There’s a strong sense around the NBA that the Bulls will extend a four-year, roughly $80 million offer sheet for Lonzo Ball. However, Chicago brass did contact executives and personnel around the league over the weekend, sources told B/R, exploring contingency plans centered around Schroder, DeMar DeRozan and Richaun Holmes, should the Pelicans proceed to match the Bulls’ offer.
Wtf are the bulls gonna do with Holmes? They already traded a bunch of stuff for Vuc

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wtf are the bulls gonna do with Holmes? They already traded a bunch of stuff for Vuc
It seems like a lot of the interest around Holmes is as a high level backup center. If so, what's the most teams would be willing to fork over to make that happen?

How many of the teams that are reportedly interested in Holmes are intending to make him their starting center? Because unless they are I can't see the logic in any of them offering Richaun more than the Kings are able to.

Entity

Hall of Famer
It seems like a lot of the interest around Holmes is as a high level backup center. If so, what's the most teams would be willing to fork over to make that happen?

How many of the teams that are reportedly interested in Holmes are intending to make him their starting center? Because unless they are I can't see the logic in any of them offering Richaun more than the Kings are able to.
Yeah that doesn’t make sense

Or maybe they are looking to move him back to PF? If your center is someone like Vuc/KP then he's a decent fit but if he's getting backup gigs even for more money the Kings should have the advantage.

Or maybe they are looking to move him back to PF? If your center is someone like Vuc/KP then he's a decent fit but if he's getting backup gigs even for more money the Kings should have the advantage.
I doubt Holmes would want to ever want to go back to a back-up gig at this point in his career. He scratched and clawed his way into a starting role, no way he gives that up in his prime.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Or. Here me out here. Keep your young 23 year old stud PG that you control the destiny over?
It’s weird that they keep trying to surround their stud ball-dominant big who struggles on defense with guards who aren’t great off ball who are also bad at defense when they’ve got a guy who’s good at defense and generally doesn’t need the ball too much already on their roster.