New Head Coach options

That is my fear. GM's frequently go with what they know and Mike over al win loss is 672 to 527... not overly exciting but to an ownership group who has not seen a head coach with a winning record sing George Karl grifted is way in the door it might be impressive.

For the record I'd take Tibbs in a heart beat, Becky as a nice second option but otherwise it's time to look past guys who have mostly failed in the NBA and see what could be found with WNBA, G-League or College winning records.
I’ll take an over .500 coach any day here lol

If I remember right Malone was hired before the two heads no brain pair of knuckleheads that replaced Petrie and they wanted to fire him from day one and just waited for the opening.

It's one of the classic mistakes franchises make when they have openings at both positions and I think it's what lead us down the brutal path/steep learning curve that Vivek has followed since. I really hope Monte is the guy that rights the ship but if he's somehow bought in to give Walton another year I don't know what to say. Often votes of confidence are the last thing that franchises give before they slit their coaches throat.

dude12

Hall of Famer
My worry is that because of the salary still owed Walton, he is around for 1 more year......Vivek’s call on this. Monte keeps building roster in his vision for 1 more year.

So, for those who just read the headline, there are a couple of caveats here. The first, very big caveat is that the coach in question in the headline is PAT Adelman, not his brother DAVID Adelman under discussion above. The second caveat is that as inappropriate as the incident was, Pat Adelman really went on more of an anti-racist rant than a racist one - he was accusing some of his white players of being racists. His method seemed inappropriate, but I don't believe that calling it a racist rant is accurate.

The third caveat is that David Adelman is accused in the same article of having two DUI arrests, and while he was guilty, that story is interesting as well: https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2009/11/judge_rules_in_david_adelman_d.html
More importantly, can he or his brother coach? :p

My worry is that because of the salary still owed Walton, he is around for 1 more year......Vivek’s call on this. Monte keeps building roster in his vision for 1 more year.
My only "worry" about this is it really sucks for season ticket holding fans and also people that want to watch a competitive team on TV. Also it's trying as someone who wants to have a positive outlook on this team and still enjoys this forum. Also because it won't be a tank, and it looks like the NBA has moved on from its plans to kill the one and done rule because they are now sending those guys to the G-League and it's starting to look like various states have sponsored legislation to let NCAA athletes get paid (good lord, I get why this is "fair" but it's also crappy, just kill one and done).

I was just joking but the Kings have the worst defense of all time with a decent offense and D'Antoni is not known for his defense. It would more than likely just be more of the same.
I would be very happy with D'Antoni. Right now we are horrible defensively and average offensively. D'Antoni would make us above average offensively easily and defense would depend on personel available. This is all considering the fact that the Kings is not the most attractice place for a head coach so IMO it would be very hard to get anyone better than D'Antoni.

Also with D'Antoni system Fox would easily be an all star for what its worth. Also Bagley would probably put up huge numbers as a screen man in a 4out-1in system as the only big man

I would be very happy with D'Antoni. Right now we are horrible defensively and average offensively. D'Antoni would make us above average offensively easily and defense would depend on personel available. This is all considering the fact that the Kings is not the most attractice place for a head coach so IMO it would be very hard to get anyone better than D'Antoni.

Also with D'Antoni system Fox would easily be an all star for what its worth. Also Bagley would probably put up huge numbers as a screen man in a 4out-1in system as the only big man
I think he would be better than Walton but still ultimately a waste of time in the end. With this roster I think it would go the way of the Knicks and Lakers while he was there more than it would Phoenix and Houston. Might even go worse since we don't have a player that's as good as any of the best players from any of the teams he's ever coached.

I think he would be better than Walton but still ultimately a waste of time in the end. With this roster I think it would go the way of the Knicks and Lakers while he was there more than it would Phoenix and Houston. Might even go worse since we don't have a player that's as good as any of the best players from any of the teams he's ever coached.
His system relies on a good ball handling creator and it lifts that player up to another level. Fox is good enough to be that guy and it would be nice to see this team with a brilliant offensive mind that maximizes the potential of this team at least offensively. We'll never get him but I'm very sceptical that we would ever get anyone better than him

All I will say is i don’t like the development I have seen under Walton with players like Bagley. But, the fact he hasn’t lost the locker room in this roller coaster season is pretty remarkable.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I think with this team what we need is a coach who is a good teacher. Veteran teams can win with a coach who is primarily a motivator. Our core group is still young and inconsistent and would benefit more with somebody who will get down in the trenches and not just tell them what they're doing wrong, but show them as well. I don't think we need a disciplinarian necessarily, but it would also be nice to see more accountability. Pay attention to your defensive assignments or we'll play someone else who will instead. Maybe that could be Becky Hammon?

That's what I like to hear! Us too Becky! Us too!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Been thinking a lot about this quite a bit. I think there is one option and one option only to take this organization to the desired heights and rally the fan base and city. It’s a tall job but the right person for the job is:

Jimmer Fredette

Not a fan of Dantoni and his system. He coaches unwatchable baseball. Hated the Nash Suns, Hated the Harden Rockets.
I would take the Nash Suns in a heartbeat. Those were some really well-constructed teams. I think our roster actually looks a lot closer to that team than the Harden Rockets. If you squint, you could see some Stoudemire in Bagley. Hali's shot isn't as funky as Shawn Marion's was, however.

I don't want D'Antoni but agree with @Spike on taking the Nash Suns. Though the game has evolved a bit. Do not want a Harden style team. Seems to be easily remedied by a lack of Harden on our team.

My biggest fear with a D'Antoni or similar is it will just be a paycheck to someone like that. If D'Antoni has anything to prove in the NBA, it's that he can win a championship, and I don't see Sacramento as the place to prove that.

If Atl is crazy enough not to keep Nate McMillan, we have to explore the option. He’s basically taken every team he’s coached to #1 in their division during his tenure. Has a record over 0.500 and like 22-11 since the allstar break with most of the losses coming from playoff teams.