Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any idea how much the Kings got last year?
The report was 100 million. Which may be a genuine loss from projections/operating budget or it may be your standard sports team accounting which always shows teams operating on razor thin margins so they can stick it to the various unions when contracts are up and operate as tax shelters.

Also the failed cash call was in May 2020 (I think that date is very significant as anyone with money was not pulling out cash, they were sinking it into a market that was rebounding after the CARES act)

While I doubt traffic at Kings Fans is a metric that the Kings use to measure fan interest, if they did they would find it at an all time low. Several longtime posters have left. There does not seem to be much in terms of new posters coming in. Game threads only really reach two pages during game time. They might rack up a few more if one or two people decide they have the energy to disagree with the remarkedly consistent SactownDog. But otherwise, tumbleweeds. Firing Luke will cost the Kings 11 something million on the spot plus the costs of hiring a new coaching staff. But trotting out another year of "he gets along well with De'Aaron" isn't cost neutral.

With the valuation of teams lately nobody should be crying to little 'ol Vivek. He's gained an F ton of wealth since purchasing this team and I'm sure has more than enough equity to leverage for a lifetime of owning this team.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Thanks for the slam dunk.
I didn't set that up to dunk on you, if that's what you mean. You had previously simply indicated that you couldn't find players for other retired numbers so when you posted a picture of Andrew Bogut in what I assume is an ABL jersey I was confused and didn't consider that #6 was retired. When you kickstarted my brain to realize why you posted that, it was easy enough to find Sacramento's #6.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I didn't set that up to dunk on you, if that's what you mean. You had previously simply indicated that you couldn't find players for other retired numbers so when you posted a picture of Andrew Bogut in what I assume is an ABL jersey I was confused and didn't consider that #6 was retired. When you kickstarted my brain to realize why you posted that, it was easy enough to find Sacramento's #6.
you misunderstood my response but it's cool. moving on

Don’t worry everybody! We drafted Tyrese at 12! This late season MASSIVE WINNING CULTURE streak will let us select around there again! McNair WILL DO THIS AGAIN!

And next season Luke Walton will take this WINNING CULTURE and take us to the promised land! Guaranteed! (The promised land is missing the playoffs again and landing in the 12th spot AGAIN!)

I LOVE THE KINGS!
It's only winning culture if Fox/Hali/Barnes are the ones doing it though. If anybody else contributes it's only because the games are meaningless. Or so I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.